Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 12:08 PM

21,974 posts, read 28,431,049 times

Advertisements

You didn't list Milford, but Yale just submitted another plan on behalf of the town to make TOD improvements. 2 new large luxury apartment complexes are being completed in the next few months that are walkable to the train station, in addition to many others that have been built in the last 10 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 05:12 PM

633 posts, read 1,654,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
You didn't list Milford, but Yale just submitted another plan on behalf of the town to make TOD improvements. 2 new large luxury apartment complexes are being completed in the next few months that are walkable to the train station, in addition to many others that have been built in the last 10 years.
Any pics to these '2 new large luxury apartment complexes...' would like to see what these look like.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm&Hammer View Post
Any pics to these '2 new large luxury apartment complexes...' would like to see what these look like.
I think Prospect Falls is already done:
Prospect Falls | Spinnaker Apartments (http://www.spinnakerapartments.com/properties/prospect-falls/ - broken link)

Harbor Point is still being built, but is looking really nice lately. The rooftop terrace overlooking the harbor is a neat feature. Here's an article on it:
Waiting List for Milford's Newest Mixed-Use Complex - Milford, CT Patch

It's weird it says 31 apartments in Harbor Point, it looks quite a lot bigger - especially after they built a big addition on the back over the old parking garage.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:27 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,942,787 times
Quote:
I didn't know about the Milford one...

Old 02-08-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
I think Prospect Falls is already done:
Prospect Falls | Spinnaker Apartments (http://www.spinnakerapartments.com/properties/prospect-falls/ - broken link)

Harbor Point is still being built, but is looking really nice lately. The rooftop terrace overlooking the harbor is a neat feature. Here's an article on it:
Waiting List for Milford's Newest Mixed-Use Complex - Milford, CT Patch

It's weird it says 31 apartments in Harbor Point, it looks quite a lot bigger - especially after they built a big addition on the back over the old parking garage.
Very nice... I like the balcony, the one in Milford... wish we got more of that around, make me feel like I'm in Italy or some spanish speaking country LOL

Old 02-08-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm&Hammer View Post
Very nice... I like the balcony, the one in Milford... wish we got more of that around, make me feel like I'm in Italy or some spanish speaking country LOL
Yeah, it's nice. It's looking even better now as they're nearing completion.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it's nice. It's looking even better now as they're nearing completion.
Great, and that other one has nice new england look, but did not like the parking lot lol.. wish we have new housing like that here in New Britain, too.

That mayor plaza in Hartford that was going to built was going to be a spanish rivival. I was so angry when that came to death and every morning I passed by nothing but clear lands of dirt with everything looking run down and ghetto, this would have been a nice look for Park Street. I actually like the two tower better which would have helped make the skyline more dense, but did liked the second one too would have filled in the lots. If anything I could wish they create little Old San Juan or any spanish colonial. Just love it.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:53 PM

811 posts, read 1,748,202 times
All the new residential/apartment development next to train stations is great in Fairfield county except one thing... the starting rents for some if not most is around $1,800 for a studio or maybe a small 1BR. A larger 1BR or 2BR is 1,900 - 2,800-ish. I know we have a quite a few big wallets down here but is it realistic these buildings will fill up at these price levels? There's quite a bit more supply opening up on the market, especially in Stamford, and with low interest rates now, it's more appealing to stop renting and own now.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:10 PM

There will be more apartment complex built around the path of the busway/commuter-rail, in the future... mainly near the station. From what I have heard.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:10 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,942,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTbrooktrout View Post
All the new residential/apartment development next to train stations is great in Fairfield county except one thing... the starting rents for some if not most is around $1,800 for a studio or maybe a small 1BR. A larger 1BR or 2BR is 1,900 - 2,800-ish. I know we have a quite a few big wallets down here but is it realistic these buildings will fill up at these price levels? There's quite a bit more supply opening up on the market, especially in Stamford, and with low interest rates now, it's more appealing to stop renting and own now.
Yea , high rents are a problem in NJ , but usually most towns with train stations have 2 or 4 developments with rents ranging from 1200 to 2000$....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut