Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2012, 02:23 PM

10,094 posts, read 14,965,663 times

Advertisements

Very nice what you did Cambium. I never thought I would see that storm in such an intimate way. lol

BTW, can you do for all us a little trick and make the sun come out? Basically, half the week has been cloudy. Not good..

Old 10-03-2012, 03:20 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
[quote=Cambium;26361545]5 Things models agree on:
  • Blizzard conditions in Minnesota tomorrow.
  • Rain and seasonable for us next 3 days
  • Cold air for us Sunday through Monday night with local 30s and highs in the 40s/low 50s.
  • Warm up Tuesday-Wednesday to seasonable temps again
  • Another cold push next weekend which "could" bring some white stuff north of us higher elevations.
quote]

Hmm...I wonder whatever happened to "...almost a summer pattern with warmth and humidity along much of the East Coast the week of October 8th through 14th"?

Old 10-03-2012, 03:23 PM

83,518 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajmelk View Post
Hmm...I wonder whatever happened to "...almost a summer pattern with warmth and humidity along much of the East Coast the week of October 8th through 14th"?
It flipped. LMAO.. Here's the update from the crayon map. If there's no sun tomorrow, there will be no sun until Monday.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:20 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
Meteorologists Brett Anderson just issued his latest interpretation of the ECMWF weekly long-range forecast output that goes out to the week of Oct 22nd: Updated Weekly Long-Range Forecast Outlook - Canadian Weather Blog - AccuWeather.com

What strikes (and is much more important I think) is the lack of normal or below normal temps in Canada - the forecast is for warmer than average across a large area of Canada. If Brett is correct (who knows) then I think much of the USA will see a rather late start to this winter, since the cold air will have little time to build. Of course this is just one forecast...and there are many others. However, I do think that he has picked up on the jet stream staying in Canada for most of October and the USA seeing normal to even slightly above normal temps. So I see little cold air in the United States until November at this rate. I guess will have to wait to see if he is right:

It looks like it will be unseasonably warm to our north (New England/Canada), and mild and wet on the East Coast from the Tri-State area southward again for the week of October 1st through October 7th (well we know this part is close to right as we are forecast to see mild and wet weather for a few days this week):

Then it looks like almost a summer pattern with warmth and humidity along much of the East Coast the week of October 8th through 14th:

…and then still warm along the East Coast (Connecticut to Georgia) the 3rd week of October 15 – 22nd.

What happened...?? Colder weather here we come!!! Although right now its disgusting out...humid,sticky..just put the a/c on for a minute or two.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:24 PM

I cant deny the absolute consistancy from the GFS but I can admit that I have not believed it so thats why I havent mentioned it. It continues to show snow along the spine of the appalacians and into northern CT Sunday night. LMAO.

Euro does not. I'm with the Euro. BUT I wouldnt be surprised if the high peaks in NY, VT and even MA "saw" some snow. I dont see anything sticking.

Interesting times ahead!

Old 10-03-2012, 05:50 PM

Oh great.. snow icon showing up for West Cornwall and even Torrington. Even Im not ready to be showing this. LOL

Old 10-04-2012, 07:33 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,363,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
What happened...?? Colder weather here we come!!! Although right now its disgusting out...humid,sticky..just put the a/c on for a minute or two.

....I don't think so

While I don't doubt that temps will cool and dew points will come way down from the summer style weather we have now...even by Monday (the coolest day I see in the next 10 days) highs/lows will still be within 5 F of normal:

It will still crack 60 F EVERDAY next week (and hit near 80 F on Friday I think).

Truly cold weather is a loooooooog way off for winter fans is my guess. I think it will be at least another 30 days before we see any truly cold air along the East Coast. That west Atlantic ridge is just way way too strong at this point .

Old 10-04-2012, 07:54 AM

Posted September 14th!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
What are the chances we see snow in October again or a snowstorm in October or November??
Give me some odds because I'm baffled at the "pattern" I'm seeing evolve.
Posted yesterday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Euro does not. I'm with the Euro.
Euro now shows it too. LMFAO.

Im expecting 1-2" on the high peaks and snowflakes in the air above 1000'. The average first snows on the high peaks are mid October so this will be early. Grand Forks about to make history too. Man o Man.

Last edited by Cambium; 10-04-2012 at 08:03 AM..

Old 10-04-2012, 07:57 AM

3,350 posts, read 4,168,858 times
Wave: Why are you showing NYC with a huge urban heat island effect? I'm in lower FFC and I have quite a few 50s for highs over the next 10 days. Only today and tomorrow will crack 70 (and nowhere near 80).

Old 10-04-2012, 08:06 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,363,775 times
You can see here that exactly what I said above (the front this weekend will passes offshore… the cooler air will be fleeting)...is what by many meteorologists are also thinking. In fact, I was a bit off, I thought by the middle of next week, the flow would still be more WNW…it looks the like models are showing a more WSW flow = meaning warmer air. I think by Wed next week we could be back near 70 F in the Tri-State area in a few spots -lo. See the end of video (time 2.49) for graphics and flow. He says it as clear as day "by Tuesday milder air is headed back into the Northeast" - lol

Next week will see seasonal temps (60’ s F highs) early in the week…then perhaps closer to 70 F if the models are right…no lows colder than 40 F this weekend, then no lows below 48 F by late next week. I know winter fans are unhappy about the warm and wet fall so far...but I think my forecast of 30 days (early November) for truly cold air…and 60 Days (early December ) for a real chance of snow will end up pretty close. Hey, I can't change the weather - lol.

I trust the big E:

Misty, Mild Mornings - Northeast U.S. Weather Blog - AccuWeather.com

Last edited by wavehunter007; 10-04-2012 at 08:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut