Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 02:04 PM

2,496 posts, read 4,728,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Congrats, Mike. I was wondering if anyone read that article. The Courant is the only paper in Ct with a real business section, and with the guts to print that article.

Given how pithy Malloy's margin last time was, I'd bet it is safe to assume he is a lame duck. That can only help. I recall how jealous Malloy was of Christie, and NJ has enjoyed good economic growth under CC. So DM provided a reason to be jealous..his own record.
I'm not fully convinced that the economic growth in NJ is that rosy a picture. CC didn't raise taxes (which is more than I can say for DannyBoy) but his state's credit rating got downgraded since he took office, and last year NJ's unemployement rate hit its highest level since 1977 (9.8% unemployement.) I realize that if a person had a choice to open their own business either in Connecticiut or on the moon, many people would probably find it more business-friendly in the latter. But still, New Jersey ranks among the most expensive states in the country. I mean, it seems like as long as there are high concentrations of well-educated workforces (which both us and Jersey have), this is largely the reason why costs in general are higher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 02:16 PM

2,496 posts, read 4,728,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Sigh... If you read the article and try and understand what it says, you will see it is not really as bleak as the headline makes it. Based on 2012 data, Connecticut's economy is not growing but notice it says back in 2010 we had what was considered one of the best economies in the country. This is simply because Connecticut['s economy is such that we get hit by recessions later than other states and come out of it later as well. During the recession we had an unemployment rate lower than the national average. When the economy turned in other parts of the country, it did not happen here. As for Molloy, well he is no worse than the previous Governors who all played a big role in where the state's finances stand. Jay
Whatever. I'm through arguing about this.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:42 PM

34,969 posts, read 57,045,368 times
Quote:
As a moderator, shouldn't you be refraining from using an abbreviation for a profane term?
Hey I am human too you know. If you think I do not want to rant on about some of the things said here, you are sadly mistaken. There are times I write a long and nasty reply to someone but then my Moderator side kicks in and I force myself to delete it. Oh well, it is part of the job (wait, I don't get paid for doing this so I guess it is not a job). Jay

Old 06-06-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromCT View Post
Whatever. I'm through arguing about this.
Why, you do not agree that Rell and Rowland had a hand in the state's financial problems? Jay

Old 06-06-2013, 02:55 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,502,289 times
Quote:
Hey I am human too you know. If you think I do not want to rant on about some of the things said here, you are sadly mistaken. There are times I write a long and nasty reply to someone but then my Moderator side kicks in and I force myself to delete it. Oh well, it is part of the job (wait, I don't get paid for doing this so I guess it is not a job). Jay
Yes but when you issue infractions to others for the same action/offense you should be doubly ashamed of yourself for the double standard and vulgar display of vanity. I dont hate you for it. Just a spade is a spade..Just sayin
And yes.. Rell, Rowland, and Malloy are all at fault for where the state is now. Malloy likes where he is though so he can also enjoy being in the well deserved crosshairs for it right now as it were.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Yes but when you issue infractions to others for the same action/offense you should be doubly ashamed of yourself for the double standard and vulgar display of vanity. I dont hate you for it. Just a spade is a spade..Just sayin
And yes.. Rell, Rowland, and Malloy are all at fault for where the state is now. Malloy likes where he is though so he can also enjoy being in the well deserved crosshairs for it right now as it were.
Wait a second, I was kidding in my response (so much for sarcasim on the internet). Using the term "BS" is not against the rules of this forum so I or anyone else can use it in their posts. It is not vulgar. I am sorry if some people here feel I am using a double standard but I am not. So much for me trying to show that I too am human. Jay

Old 06-06-2013, 03:51 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,988,735 times
Quote:
Hey I am human too you know.
I understand. It was simply too tempting.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:53 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,988,735 times
Quote:
. Using the term "BS" is not against the rules of this forum so I or anyone else can use it in their posts. It is not vulgar.
That seems stupid. If someone were to write out what it stands for, would that violate the rules? If yes, that is absurd.

Old 06-06-2013, 04:30 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,502,289 times
Quote:
That seems stupid. If someone were to write out what it stands for, would that violate the rules? If yes, that is absurd.
Bull****

Its actually so vulgar the forum autobot wont even let the word show up.. hows that one? go ahead.. give it a try..

Old 06-06-2013, 04:33 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,150,821 times
Please stop bickering and get back to the original topic.

Couldn't resist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut