Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2014, 09:02 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,155,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpt111 View Post
it coming mid may period or june.

Thunderstorm, downburst, lighting, heavy rain with wind gust up to 40-50 mph

in the warmer months expect a few a tropical depression/tropical storm to expect come along the east coast but it a below normal hurricace season though that good but we still getting hit
no kidding/.....ITS CALLED LATE SPRING AND SUMMER.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:28 AM

83,509 posts, read 75,260,686 times
Bridgeport, CT(BDR) 13 of 20 days this month stayed under 60. 7 days stayed in 50s. 6 stayed in 40s. mean -0.6° below normal so far

OKX Forecast Highs today and lows tomorrow. Areas along the coast maybe stuck in 50s again today

Old 04-21-2014, 09:57 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,205,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
It coming Mid May period or June.

ThunderStorm, Downburst, Lighting, Heavy Rain with wind gust up to 40-50 mph

In the Warmer months expect a few A tropical depression/tropical storm to expect come along the east coast but it a below normal hurricace season though that good but we still getting hit

How about we go day by day and try to have some kind of spring before we go predicting Hurricanes so far out? Just a suggestion.......

Old 04-21-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
anyone else's allergies acting up? I'm somewhat new to allergies as it seems I've only developed them I the past few years. My nose has been bothering me like crazy the past two days. Isn't it too early to have allergies?
I would think its late since the tree pollen is having a late start. But I don't have allergies so I don't know the timing much. Certain trees matter as they start to bud. I wonder if there is a site in Connectictut that shows the progress of pollen in the state.

From Mark McLean

twitter.com/Wxandgardenguy/status/458268251948994560

"The southerly flow and warmer temps have increased tree pollen substantially today!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdealerguy View Post
How about we go day by day and try to have some kind of spring before we go predicting Hurricanes so far out? Just a suggestion.......
Yes... I've asked BPT111 to hold off on making statements like that UNLESS you put "I think" in front of it. Statements like that can get carried away and do no good by spreading.

I think the SouthEast ridge will have a hard time this year therefore storms would stay south of us. As far as temps there might be battle such as we're in now with below normal one week, well above another. So that might mean daytime 60s or 80s in May and beginning of June.

Temps are easier to "guess forecast".... forget talking about severe weather or hurricanes of the future.

You think snowstorms bust? I've seen severe weather bust within hours. It's pointless to say "Severe weather is coming soon I think Mid May " or "we still getting hit with Tropical storm". At least explain why and the thought process for it.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:56 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,034,806 times
Thanks Cambien, and lucky you. No sleep last night and had to leave at 430 am this morning. The first 30 years of my life were great not having allergies, now I realize how much they can make one miserable

Old 04-21-2014, 12:12 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,205,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
I would think its late since the tree pollen is having a late start. But I don't have allergies so I don't know the timing much. Certain trees matter as they start to bud. I wonder if there is a site in Connectictut that shows the progress of pollen in the state.

From Mark McLean

twitter.com/Wxandgardenguy/status/458268251948994560

"The southerly flow and warmer temps have increased tree pollen substantially today!"

Yes... I've asked BPT111 to hold off on making statements like that UNLESS you put "I think" in front of it. Statements like that can get carried away and do no good by spreading.

I think the SouthEast ridge will have a hard time this year therefore storms would stay south of us. As far as temps there might be battle such as we're in now with below normal one week, well above another. So that might mean daytime 60s or 80s in May and beginning of June.

Temps are easier to "guess forecast".... forget talking about severe weather or hurricanes of the future.

You think snowstorms bust? I've seen severe weather bust within hours. It's pointless to say "Severe weather is coming soon I think Mid May " or "we still getting hit with Tropical storm". At least explain why and the thought process for it.

Old 04-21-2014, 02:24 PM

Posting this here too...

4pm April 21st afternoon temps with the sun about same angle as August 28th. It's Still in 50s along CT & MA coasts & LI.

Can you imagine an August sun angle and struggling past 50s??

Love/Hate it here this is the love part with the cold water influence.

Close up.. Amazing gradient in Connecticut! Northern CT BDL, 70° Danbury 66°. Bridgeport 58°! Groton 52°.

My weather is always in between Danbury and Bridgeport. I thought I'd stay in the 50s today because I'm closer to the coast but I'm at 63°F. Short 1-2 hour drive north from the shore and you get hotter and hotter.

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY
357 PM EDT MON APR 21 2014

NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM TUESDAY MORNING/...

A TYPICAL SPRING SCENARIO FOR THE REGION LATE THIS AFTERNOON. WARMEST IN THE LOWER HUDSON VALLEY WITH BOUNDARY LAYER MIXING ALLOWING DEWPOINTS TO BE IN THE TEENS. MEANWHILE SOUTHEAST CONNECTICUT IS THE COOLEST SPOT WITH A LIGHT ONSHORE BREEZE PROMOTING HIGHER DEWPOINTS IN THE LOWER 40S.

CLOUDS REMAIN MINIMAL INTO EARLY THIS EVENING AND THIS SHOULD CONTINUE THROUGH MUCH OF TONIGHT WITH THE RESIDUAL SUBSIDENCE OFTHE WEAKENING HIGH PRESSURE AREA.

RADIATIONAL COOLING WILL BE MORE OPTIMAL AND ACROSSEASTERN LONG ISLAND AND SOUTHEAST CONNECTICUT...WHERE DEWPOINTS WILL BE RELATIVELY HIGHER...SOME SHALLOW PATCHY GROUND FOG WILL DEVELOP IN THE COOLEST SPOTS.

Old 04-21-2014, 02:32 PM

And here are the current Dew points. 30s/40s near the coasts, 10s inland. Dry = Heat. Moist = Cooler temps.

Old 04-22-2014, 04:55 AM

Inland and Shoreline Forecast from WxEdge.

Doesn't look warm to me for end of April. Seasonable at best. Staying in the 50s? But keep in mind if that sun is out you'll feel the strength of it so it might feel warmer on your skin then the actual air temp.

Enjoy today!

Old 04-22-2014, 05:31 AM

2,601 posts, read 3,396,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Posting this here too...

4pm April 21st afternoon temps with the sun about same angle as August 28th. It's Still in 50s along CT & MA coasts & LI.

Can you imagine an August sun angle and struggling past 50s??

Love/Hate it here this is the love part with the cold water influence.

Close up.. Amazing gradient in Connecticut! Northern CT BDL, 70° Danbury 66°. Bridgeport 58°! Groton 52°.

My weather is always in between Danbury and Bridgeport. I thought I'd stay in the 50s today because I'm closer to the coast but I'm at 63°F. Short 1-2 hour drive north from the shore and you get hotter and hotter.

It's 50s down all the way to the outer banks of north carolina, while it's in the 70's in inland ct. That ocean is COLD. Especially this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut