Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 02:18 PM

2,668 posts, read 4,494,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdhpotter View Post
Milford Mall has come a long way in the last 10 or so years. It's easy access and low traffic so I don't mind going there. I avoid Westfarms as much as I can. It's gone downhill in the last 10 years or so.

I don't find Meriden Mall sketchy, but I haven't been there in a few years.

I would definitely start with Kohl's or Burlington before venturing out to the mall though.
Funny cause I feel the exact opposite. Of course I remember when the Milford mall had a grocery store on one end and was somewhat open air, one floor, and had a Caldor lol. The stores I shop are smaller at Milford and selection is also not as good. It also seems that Milford mall has a less charming clientele as of late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 02:36 PM

21,618 posts, read 31,186,278 times
Quote:
Milford Mall has come a long way in the last 10 or so years. It's easy access and low traffic so I don't mind going there. I avoid Westfarms as much as I can. It's gone downhill in the last 10 years or so.
Do we know the same "Milford Mall"? It's gone insanely downhill in the past 10 years. The low brow clientele it attracts pushes out the demographic that help shopping centers thrive by remaining relatively crime free and attractive. And traffic? Whoever designed that parking lot needs to be fired. There are blind turns stop signs at odd locations, and during the holidays, the road going around the mall is literally gridlocked. The last time I went there during the holidays in Dec 2011 it took me somewhere in the ballpark of 30-45 minutes just to get to an exit.

Sorry but Westfield Milford does the city no good. It's unfortunate because Danbury used to be so-so, and they turned that around to rival West Farms and The Westchester.

Old 01-23-2014, 02:40 PM

163 posts, read 240,491 times
As far as I know, there is only one Milford Mall, and yes, it has gotten much better. I used to be dinky. The parking lot does suck.

Westfarms, OTOH has taken a nose dive. Won't go near the place.

Old 01-23-2014, 02:48 PM

21,618 posts, read 31,186,278 times
Quote:
As far as I know, there is only one Milford Mall, and yes, it has gotten much better. I used to be dinky. The parking lot does suck.

You're the first person I know who feels Westfield Milford is better than Westfarms.

Old 01-23-2014, 02:57 PM

21,722 posts, read 28,055,508 times
I'm first to sing the praises of Milford in many ways, but even I think the mall is average at best. It attracts a trashy/low-rent crowd from outside Milford.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:03 PM

163 posts, read 240,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I'm first to sing the praises of Milford in many ways, but even I think the mall is average at best. It attracts a trashy/low-rent crowd from outside Milford.
LOL, that is exactly how I feel about Westfarms.

I don't think we have any really good malls around though. The malls all seem overpriced with not enough selection and rude or disengaged workers.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:10 PM

Danbury Mall is the nicest in the state IMO. But I'm not a fan of malls at all, so it really doesn't matter to me.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:01 PM

1,929 posts, read 2,038,418 times
Quote:

Westfarms is a conundrum to me. I appreciate the presence of some of the stores they have added, but... the ambience sucks. It's cramped, loud, and rude. I'd rather go to Evergreen Walk.

Danbury is my preferred indoor mall, but I am still waiting for an upscale anchor like Nordstrom or Bloomingdales. I will likely be waiting forever.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:20 AM

627 posts, read 1,057,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Downtown New Haven did have a mall for years. It failed. Part of a lot of failed New Haven urban renewal policies to make the city more like suburbia with malls, parking lots, and freeways.
I find it fascinating this was turned into apartments. I finally remembered to figure out what it looks like now, the address is 900 Chapel:

http://apartmentsinnewhaven.com/wp-c...-chapel/21.jpg

I don't really see the appeal. I guess location trumps all.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackfu View Post
I find it fascinating this was turned into apartments. I finally remembered to figure out what it looks like now, the address is 900 Chapel:

http://apartmentsinnewhaven.com/wp-c...-chapel/21.jpg

I don't really see the appeal. I guess location trumps all.
A lot of it is the Gateway campus now, I believe - where Macy's was.

There was an absolutely stunning building where those apartments are now. It's so sad that they had to tear it down and replace it with ugliness.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut