Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 08:29 AM

2,394 posts, read 4,089,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
Do other state forums so frequently post negative news about their own states? Or, is this more of a New England phenomenon?

Or, if somebody asks about living in their state, do they get posters jumping all over them and/or telling them not to live here in other state forums as well?
In order: maybe (hard to say about the frequency), not really, yes. Every forum has people who intensely dislike the place they live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 10:45 AM

2,122 posts, read 2,424,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
Do other state forums so frequently post negative news about their own states? Or, is this more of a New England phenomenon?

Or, if somebody asks about living in their state, do they get posters jumping all over them and/or telling them not to live here in other state forums as well?
I would hope so. We are planning to move in the next year. When I go on other forums the last thing I'm looking for is some useless ego-pride filled Utopian bias toward the place the poster resides. In order to make the BEST decision for me and my family, I want ALL of the information.

Moderators locking threads about crime in cities in their state is a disservice to the mission of this website and misleading for those looking for any and all information regarding prospective states.

There are cry babies on all forums. It's what is done with that information after it's posted that matters.

Last edited by Sigequinox; 03-10-2014 at 11:19 AM..

Old 03-10-2014, 05:17 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,361,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
I'm always guarded when i see new posters that have a high number of thread creations on various topics. In my experiences here on C-D, it usually(not always though) means that it isn't a "new" poster.
why does that matter? I browsed this forum many months before deciding to join...and was accused of the same nonsense.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:18 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,875,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
why does that matter? I browsed this forum many months before deciding to join...and was accused of the same nonsense.
Note the status of the OP.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:18 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,361,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FILF View Post
Probably because CT is very polarized in terms of political ideology. Most people on this forum love this place and think its a utopia. Personally, I despise CT and I want to see CT become the next Detroit so I can finally get my wife to agree that we should leave this sorry place.
Detroit is a CITY in the state of MICHIGAN, CT is a STATE!!!!!

Old 03-10-2014, 05:36 PM

368 posts, read 396,555 times
Quote:
Probably because CT is very polarized in terms of political ideology. Most people on this forum love this place and think its a utopia. Personally, I despise CT and I want to see CT become the next Detroit so I can finally get my wife to agree that we should leave this sorry place.
Does the anger that shadows you on C-D affect you IRL?

Old 03-10-2014, 05:51 PM

1,063 posts, read 1,364,300 times
Quote:
Probably because the internet is very polarized in terms of political ideology.
Fixed this for you.

To the OP:
I don't get the hate for any given thread. If you don't like it, don't read it. If you believe it's in violation of the rules, report it. What you're doing is drawing attention to the matter and actually making it more of a hot topic to discuss. While it's poor etiquette to create multiple threads on the same topic, it could be that the topics are actually different enough to warrant their own individual threads. I wouldn't know, because I don't generally read those threads myself.

edit: I scanned the first page and only saw one thread about the Newtown shooter and mental health. So I don't know what you're on about.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:01 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,875,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csiko View Post
Fixed this for you.

To the OP:
I don't get the hate for any given thread. If you don't like it, don't read it. If you believe it's in violation of the rules, report it. What you're doing is drawing attention to the matter and actually making it more of a hot topic to discuss. While it's poor etiquette to create multiple threads on the same topic, it could be that the topics are actually different enough to warrant their own individual threads. I wouldn't know, because I don't generally read those threads myself.

edit: I scanned the first page and only saw one thread about the Newtown shooter and mental health. So I don't know what you're on about.
That thread wasn't even on page 1 when the departed created this thread. I updated that thread this morning with the link to Peter Lanza's interview.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:20 PM

363 posts, read 635,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Detroit is a CITY in the state of MICHIGAN, CT is a STATE!!!!!
Holy cow, when did that happen? Wow you really made me look stupid, I guess we love to talk about semantics when anyone with a brain could figure out I hope that CT crumbles as a whole just like Detroit did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnHuskies630 View Post
Does the anger that shadows you on C-D affect you IRL?
I'm actually a very happy go lucky kind of guy when I'm not thinking or talking about this craptastic state.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:32 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,424,170 times
Quote:
Holy cow, when did that happen? Wow you really made me look stupid, I guess we love to talk about semantics when anyone with a brain could figure out I hope that CT crumbles as a whole just like Detroit did.

I'm actually a very happy go lucky kind of guy when I'm not thinking or talking about this craptastic state.
Lol. It is funny when people do that. My favorite is the obscure grammar attack because there argument sucks (and they usually make an error when saying it). See what I did there?

Sometimes the ad hominem works,but more often than not it just makes the accuser look even worse than the accused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut