Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 12:22 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,578,673 times

Advertisements

Gun regs are for the law abiding citizens of any state.... The criminals never have and never will abide by any gun law... Regs just make it harder for you to get one legally, the criminals always find away around them...

Old 01-17-2015, 12:23 PM

684 posts, read 812,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamz View Post
So because you're a responsible law abiding citizen (and are you really? No speeding, for example?) you should be able to own any gun you want? Is that your argument?
If I pass background and criminal checks that are required by the state to obtain a firearm then yes.

So in your words , we should ban cars since you want to use the whole speeding scenario ? Or do you want to apply a ban on something you feel is okay in your view but not the other. I have felt with scenarios like this , you can save it for your feel good buddies.

Old 01-17-2015, 12:24 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaMia411 View Post
If I pass background and criminal checks that are required by the state to obtain a firearm then yes.

So in your words , we should ban cars since you want to use the whole speeding scenario ? Or do you want to apply a ban on something you feel is okay in your view but not the other. I have felt with scenarios like this , you can save it for your feel good buddies.
Such a bs argument. Cars are not made to maim or kill. They have an alternate purpose. Guns? One purpose....

Old 01-17-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
You wouldn't need to de-arm the police or the government. Just citizens. Now, are you worried about tyranny? That's a different thing than crime.

Nope, look at the statistics. Homicide rate went down in Australia. It took a few years(it takes a while to get guns back from criminals), but then they dropped.

Sorry but why don't you show the other statistics that went up. Trust me I saw that info already. If you want to ban guns then ban them from every human body , simple.

Old 01-17-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Such a bs argument. Cars are not made to maim or kill. They have an alternate purpose. Guns? One purpose....
Not my fault you are scared of a tool. Guns were designed for many uses , whichever use YoU feel it is , well that's your opinion not mine. Your srguemant is just as much BS as mine , see how this works?

Old 01-17-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Not my fault you are scared of a tool. Guns were designed for many uses , whichever use YoU feel it is , well that's your opinion not mine. Your srguemant is just as much BS as mine , see how this works?
No I don't see how it works. A car is made to get you from one place to another. Sure any item can be used as a weapon. A gun? LOL ..one purpose ...a weapon used to maim or kill.

Hey I'm not stopping you from owning a gun. I understand its uses for hunting and protection. But don't sit here and tell me its a farckin tool.

Old 01-17-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
No I don't see how it works. A car is made to get you from one place to another. Sure any item can be used as a weapon. A gun? LOL ..one purpose ...a weapon used to maim or kill.

Hey I'm not stopping you from owning a gun. I understand its uses for hunting and protection. But don't sit here and tell me its a farckin tool.
That's your view of what it can be used for .

A knife can do the same as a gun . A car can be turned into a weapon of mass destruction. Chemicals that can be purchased from a store can turn into bombs. Humans can be turned into killing machines within a split second.

The point of this thread was about an idiot that wants to ban something based off of feel good bull****.

Old 01-17-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:
That's your view of what it can be used for .

A knife can do the same as a gun . A car can be turned into a weapon of mass destruction. Chemicals that can be purchased from a store can turn into bombs. Humans can be turned into killing machines within a split second.

The point of this thread was about an idiot that wants to ban something based off of feel good bull****.
Again..knives have a purpose...chemicals too. Guns?? One purpose. Its a never ending argument of which I don't have an answer.

Old 01-17-2015, 01:00 PM

796 posts, read 1,756,719 times
Quote:
A knife can do the same as a gun
Certainly not the same as an automatic or even a semi-automatic one. A knife can't incapacitate a crowd of people in seconds.

Here's the semi-automatic rifle used in the Sandy Hook shooting. There's no way the potential damage from a knife is comparable to what that can do.

Old 01-17-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinuzzo View Post
Certainly not the same as an automatic or even a semi-automatic one. A knife can't incapacitate a crowd of people in seconds.

Here's the semi-automatic rifle used in the Sandy Hook shooting. There's no way the potential damage from a knife is comparable to what that can do.
A knife can kill. Automatics have not been used and they are banned.

Do you know all modern guns are semi automatic ?

A bomb can do the same. A car can do the same to a crowd. Sandy hook was a freak incident , a mentally ill person was on a mission to kill . How often in CT has this happened before and after ?

The mom was irresponsible, so make others suffer ? Yeah good way of thinking people. Too bad we can't ban stupidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut