Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2021, 08:17 PM

6,586 posts, read 4,970,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
2021 on track to be CT deadliest year for most motor vehicle-related fatalities ever

There is a deadly trend developing on Connecticut’s roadways. Recent data from the Department of Transportation shows traffic-related deaths in the state are up nearly 16% from a year ago.

It’s a tragic trend as motor vehicle-related deaths are climbing toward a record high.

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...U-hy3VDC6HN6X8
Thanks Jay, for finding this for me! I drove up Rt 5 the other day, which has a 50mph speed limit (East Hartford/South Windsor). 55 is not unusual, but I was about the slowest person at 60mph that day.

Dump trucks were passing me. I am doing 10mph over and dump trucks are passing me, and not slowly.

I won't even give my commentary on coming back into the state on 84 after being out of state for over a week.

My question is - why are we allowing this to happen? Speeders should be easy pickings especially for local cops.

VA roads are full of no speeding signs, radar enforced. Do they work? I sure didn't feel people sped as badly on I81 there as they do further north.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2021, 05:15 AM

14,054 posts, read 13,929,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
Thanks Jay, for finding this for me! I drove up Rt 5 the other day, which has a 50mph speed limit (East Hartford/South Windsor). 55 is not unusual, but I was about the slowest person at 60mph that day.

Dump trucks were passing me. I am doing 10mph over and dump trucks are passing me, and not slowly.

I won't even give my commentary on coming back into the state on 84 after being out of state for over a week.

My question is - why are we allowing this to happen? Speeders should be easy pickings especially for local cops.

VA roads are full of no speeding signs, radar enforced. Do they work? I sure didn't feel people sped as badly on I81 there as they do further north.
CT is one of worst place to drive in country in the top 10 but CT drivers will honk at you for doing speed limit. CT drivers more aggressive so your Toyota Prius have to move little quicker

Old 11-13-2021, 07:22 AM

6,586 posts, read 4,970,443 times
Quote:
CT is one of worst place to drive in country in the top 10 but CT drivers will honk at you for doing speed limit. CT drivers more aggressive so your Toyota Prius have to move little quicker
I agree - drove 4000 miles out of state this year and you can just feel the driving anger as you come back in - which is saying a lot after all the trucks in PA and NY in general. Speed limits are higher south of PA.

Prius? No electric or hybrid for me, thank you very much. I just don't see the need to do 90 on public roads.

Old 11-13-2021, 09:13 AM

21,619 posts, read 31,197,189 times
Quote:
2021 on track to be CT deadliest year for most motor vehicle-related fatalities ever

There is a deadly trend developing on Connecticut’s roadways. Recent data from the Department of Transportation shows traffic-related deaths in the state are up nearly 16% from a year ago.

It’s a tragic trend as motor vehicle-related deaths are climbing toward a record high.

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...U-hy3VDC6HN6X8
We have yet another result of the passage of the Police Accountability Bill. Connecticut’s cops are doing absolutely nothing. And can we blame them? They’ve been demonized by the states politicians and the residents who voted for them.

Old 11-13-2021, 11:02 AM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Let’s stay on topic for this thread which is Connecticut transportation. JayCT, Moderator

Old 11-13-2021, 05:48 PM

6,900 posts, read 3,738,611 times
Quote:
Honk at you for doing the speed limit? who?? If you can do the speed limit on 95, you're celebrating like you wouldn't believe.
95 needs another lane like right now. Construction needs to start ASAP.
What a nightmare. Once again I was summoned up to Fairfield today and once again I fell for it. They won't leave me alone. I tell them that people on City Data looooove Fairfield.
The center was an out and out disaster. Immobile standstills all the way through and all the side road cuts too. You looked ahead on all you saw was red tail lights and 5-6 red traffic lights one after the other. You literally couldn't go anywhere. And they wanted to put a Chick-fil-A, they're out of their minds.
Then 95 back down, right now too, look on google maps, bumper to bumper clogjam all the way back down. Unbelievable. Why is CT so popular? Why are so many clamouring to come here?

Old 11-13-2021, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post

Prius? No electric or hybrid for me, thank you very much.
If it doesn't have 8 spark plugs, I don't drive it.
If you see me at the wheel of a Prius , you see a corpse.

Old 11-13-2021, 10:31 PM

14,054 posts, read 13,929,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Honk at you for doing the speed limit? who?? If you can do the speed limit on 95, you're celebrating like you wouldn't believe.
95 needs another lane like right now. Construction needs to start ASAP.
What a nightmare. Once again I was summoned up to Fairfield today and once again I fell for it. They won't leave me alone. I tell them that people on City Data looooove Fairfield.
The center was an out and out disaster. Immobile standstills all the way through and all the side road cuts too. You looked ahead on all you saw was red tail lights and 5-6 red traffic lights one after the other. You literally couldn't go anywhere. And they wanted to put a Chick-fil-A, they're out of their minds.
Then 95 back down, right now too, look on google maps, bumper to bumper clogjam all the way back down. Unbelievable. Why is CT so popular? Why are so many clamouring to come here?
People looking to be close to NYC Fairfield County is top destination lesser to degree Milford and Downtown New Haven. Fairfield and Westport been congested worst now than pre-pandemic even Sunday there are heavy traffic on local roads.

Old 11-14-2021, 07:23 AM

Quote:
People looking to be close to NYC Fairfield County is top destination lesser to degree Milford and Downtown New Haven. Fairfield and Westport been congested worst now than pre-pandemic even Sunday there are heavy traffic on local roads.
Those were rhetorical questions.

Old 11-17-2021, 07:52 PM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times
There’s talk that the Connecticut Airport Authority may take over Sikorsky Airport in Stratford from the City of Bridgeport. This could open up the airport to more commercial air traffic. That would be great. Jay

https://www.ctpost.com/news/article/...g-16625713.php
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut