Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 02:33 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,852,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy123 View Post
Thank you, RogerAnthony. It will still be helpful to know which attorneys have prevailed in cases like mine so I'm wide open to additional suggestions.
First I would ask my neighbors if they have similar complaints. A group of people are more likely to be heard than one individual. Going to city hall and asking for a list of court complaints probably won't be met with enthusiasm by Govt employees, so I doubt that would produce results.

I would look at the website "CT judicial branch" Civil/Family Case Look-up
Which includes most court cases disposed of and pending in all CT courts during the last 10 years. CT courts are not set up by county and are set up by "geographic areas" aka G.A,'s I do not know the GA for Fairfield, but I would guess Bridgeport.

On the left side of the page choose "party name search" and input the name "Fairfield" in the "party last name" field.
Then location "Bridgeport" case category "CV" you can drill down another level under "case type" which may or may not be helpful.

A name like Fairfield will produce a lot of hits, so you may want to try variations like City of Fairfield, municipality of Fairfield, town of Fairfield, etc.

If you find something you think is relevant you can open the complaint which will include the name of the lawyers and/or law firms involved in the case. (this info is usually at the end of the complaint).

I would try working with city hall first though. IF one employee is being problematic, try talking to their boss and/or the mayor perhaps. If you have to file a civil case against the town you are looking at 18 months minimum for the case to reach the docket. Once the town is named in a lawsuit they are not going to work with you in any shape for form even if they know they are wrong. They will let the case play out in court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 11:18 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,094,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy123 View Post
Our residential well was contaminated with sodium chloride as a direct result of the actions of our DPW's snow management activities.
Do you have a shallow well? Do you have readings that peak in NaCl in the winter/spring and drop in the summer/fall?

Old 02-17-2016, 09:48 AM

720 posts, read 922,699 times
Party Name Search

jud.ct.gov/ will give you plenty of resources

Old 02-21-2016, 12:58 AM

83 posts, read 129,421 times
The snow plows poisoned my well waters.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Old 02-26-2016, 01:12 PM

7 posts, read 6,386 times
Thank you MrGompers,

I appreciate the time you spent to consider and make this post. It looks promising and I will definitely check it out.

Fly

Old 02-26-2016, 01:13 PM

7 posts, read 6,386 times
Thanks EUPL. I think you and MrGompers are on the same page.

Old 02-26-2016, 01:20 PM

45,556 posts, read 60,809,385 times
How is it a "proven fact" that the amount of salt used to clear roads is the cause of the contamination?

I ask that because you're along the shore and you may actually have saltwater intrusion into the water table, especially a shallow well. That's happening here all along the Chesapeake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
View detailed profiles of: