Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2018, 04:58 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,231,092 times

Advertisements

Even though Stefanowski appears to be pulling ahead in the most recent polls, I still firmly believe Lamont will be our next governor

I do find it interesting though that based on the same same poll numbers, President Trump has an approval rating almost a full 24 percentage points higher than Malloy’s approval rating among CT residents. That should make the Democrats in our state very nervous considering how many Unaffiliated/Independents we have in CT (the Is outnumber both Rs and Ds in Ct, and it seems a good number of them are breaking for Stefanowski this last week leading up to the election).

But I don’t believe in polls anymore. Election Day Morning 2016 the most “reliable” ones were giving Hillary an 85% chance of winning the presidency...

Old 11-02-2018, 05:39 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,231,092 times
In that same vein ... why does Lamont’s ad that just aired 2 minutes ago overtly suggest that Trump won the State of CT in the ‘16 election??! With Wolf Blitzet announcing that lie???

Furthest thing from truth. Hillary decidedly won our state and its 7 (?) electoral votes. We all know that...

Old 11-03-2018, 07:45 AM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalally View Post
Even though Stefanowski appears to be pulling ahead in the most recent polls, I still firmly believe Lamont will be our next governor

I do find it interesting though that based on the same same poll numbers, President Trump has an approval rating almost a full 24 percentage points higher than Malloy’s approval rating among CT residents. That should make the Democrats in our state very nervous considering how many Unaffiliated/Independents we have in CT (the Is outnumber both Rs and Ds in Ct, and it seems a good number of them are breaking for Stefanowski this last week leading up to the election).

But I don’t believe in polls anymore. Election Day Morning 2016 the most “reliable” ones were giving Hillary an 85% chance of winning the presidency...
Ned Malloy is going win he going on spending spree , state will be in 1.5 billion in red, he will blame Malloy for everything, more taxes and more taxes nothing new

Old 11-03-2018, 08:08 AM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
So Bob Stefanowski has come out strongly against tolls and has touted using public/private partnerships as a way to fund transportation. When pressed for an example, he points to Alligator Alley (I-75) in Florida. Huh??? That IS a toll road. I thought you were opposed to tolls? Come on now. Do you think we are stupid??? Jay

https://www.ctpost.com/politics/arti...s-13358760.php

Old 11-03-2018, 08:39 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,613,491 times
Quote:
In that same vein ... why does Lamont’s ad that just aired 2 minutes ago overtly suggest that Trump won the State of CT in the ‘16 election??! With Wolf Blitzet announcing that lie???

Furthest thing from truth. Hillary decidedly won our state and its 7 (?) electoral votes. We all know that...
Repeat false information often enough and in simple enough terms and people start to believe it.

Old 11-03-2018, 10:26 AM

21,758 posts, read 28,086,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
So Bob Stefanowski has come out strongly against tolls and has touted using public/private partnerships as a way to fund transportation. When pressed for an example, he points to Alligator Alley (I-75) in Florida. Huh??? That IS a toll road. I thought you were opposed to tolls? Come on now. Do you think we are stupid??? Jay

https://www.ctpost.com/politics/arti...s-13358760.php
I don’t think I can vote for this guy. I wanted to vote Boughton but the R’s in this state really screwed themselves.

Old 11-03-2018, 10:56 AM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I don’t think I can vote for this guy. I wanted to vote Boughton but the R’s in this state really screwed themselves.
CT is screwed for another four years

Old 11-03-2018, 01:12 PM

6,589 posts, read 4,975,313 times
Quote:

I think they're saying if Stefanowski wins, we will feel as we would have if Trump took CT in 2016.

That was my thought when I saw it.

Old 11-03-2018, 02:21 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Ct does need lower taxes, but we should lower corporate taxes first, specifically on remaining manufacturers, and any manufacturers who would locate here. Those jobs , unlike the service sector, are primarily at or above Ct existing median wage and benefit levels, plus they have a better multiplier affect on other corps vs service. They also sink costs greatly faster (Capital equipment), making them prone to stay decades.

This would improve Ct's business ranking quickly, add Ct jobs, shift some working in NYC to Ct, so more Ct State Income tax would be collected.

It would also quickly improve the dire state of our inner cities.

I was far more pleased by Trump's corp income tax than personal income tax, although I love the latter also.

Old 11-03-2018, 03:11 PM

4,455 posts, read 3,349,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Ct does need lower taxes, but we should lower corporate taxes first, specifically on remaining manufacturers, and any manufacturers who would locate here. Those jobs , unlike the service sector, are primarily at or above Ct existing median wage and benefit levels, plus they have a better multiplier affect on other corps vs service. They also sink costs greatly faster (Capital equipment), making them prone to stay decades.

This would improve Ct's business ranking quickly, add Ct jobs, shift some working in NYC to Ct, so more Ct State Income tax would be collected.

That is what Stamford did in the 1970's. They gave the corporations who moved there a 7 or 10 year tax abatement and that is why Stamford is the economic powerhouse you see today. I know because my uncles and some cousins where involved in the government back then (all Republican business owners) and I witnessed their conversations about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut