Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2022, 11:12 AM

1,241 posts, read 904,611 times

Advertisements

I am not fan of Hillary Clinton but there is no comparison to her waiting until the next day to concede and what Trump has been doing. Absolutely no comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
It was followed up until 2012 perfectly. It is an American tradition, recognizing the rightful winner, done within half an hour of the network call of the election. It's meant to unify the nation. All networks called shortly after midnight in 2016.

I'm no fan of either Schmidt or Palin, but applaud him 100% here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKv8hjMMxo8&t=51s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2022, 11:14 AM

34,073 posts, read 17,112,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBigGreen View Post
I am not fan of Hillary Clinton but there is no comparison to her waiting until the next day to concede and what Trump has been doing. Absolutely no comparison.
Clinton set a bad tone in breaking US tradition. (Chardonnay is no excuse, btw). I have no doubt Trump was properly bitter over that. Both behaved horrifically.

BOTH.

In Clinton's case, I suspect she set the next female nominee back quite a few steps. She carried the conspiracy chatter on to this day.

Between Palin and Clinton, 100% of women on national tickets this century were sore losers. Bad tone for future female nominees.

Old 10-28-2022, 11:34 AM

752 posts, read 555,029 times
Quote:
I am ashamed he has done so. I am also ashamed of how Clinton handled election night 2016. She set women running for POTUS back decades
If this is the case, how has Trump not set all Republicans running for POTUS back decades? I think we'd benefit from a single set of standards for all candidates regardless of party, don't you?

Old 10-28-2022, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMilford View Post
If this is the case, how has Trump not set all Republicans running for POTUS back decades? I think we'd benefit from a single set of standards for all candidates regardless of party, don't you?
Trump has always been an outsider to both parties, while Clinton was always an insider. He will be the last outsider to win, btw, in either party.

In addition, Palin & Clinton first 2 females showed major temper tantrums throughout. Trump was not the first man as POTUS or POTUS nominee.

I do not like Obama's politics, but he was also a "first" and did nothing that would harm others of similar demographics from following him.

Being the first in any way is a huge responsibility. Palin failed, Clinton failed, Trump was not a "first".

Old 10-28-2022, 11:51 AM

34,952 posts, read 57,005,315 times
Quote:
Clinton set a bad tone in breaking US tradition. (Chardonnay is no excuse, btw). I have no doubt Trump was properly bitter over that. Both behaved horrifically.

BOTH.

In Clinton's case, I suspect she set the next female nominee back quite a few steps. She carried the conspiracy chatter on to this day.

Between Palin and Clinton, 100% of women on national tickets this century were sore losers. Bad tone for future female nominees.
You are the only one who I EVER heard complain about this. And I’ve got some pretty right wing friends and family. Again who cares? She had her reasons and they are as real as Al Gore’s so quit the whining and focus on the real problem, Donald Trump. Jay

Old 10-28-2022, 11:58 AM

752 posts, read 555,029 times
Quote:
Trump has always been an outsider to both parties, while Clinton was always an insider. He will be the last outsider to win, btw, in either party.
He ran as a Republican and is a Republican and is the parties leading contender for 2024. That's not the definition of an outsider. If you are grasping at straws like this, you should really rethink your position, Bob. You're smarter than this.

Old 10-28-2022, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
You are the only one who I EVER heard complain about this. And I’ve got some pretty right wing friends and family. Again who cares? She had her reasons and they are as real as Al Gore’s so quit the whining and focus on the real problem, Donald Trump. Jay
I disagree. With Gore, no one knew the result.

Old 10-28-2022, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMilford View Post
He ran as a Republican and is a Republican and is the parties leading contender for 2024. That's not the definition of an outsider. If you are grasping at straws like this, you should really rethink your position, Bob. You're smarter than this.
Leading? There have been no 2024 primaries yet. I judge leading only based on voting results.

I expect Desantis to romp to the nomination, btw.

Old 10-28-2022, 12:04 PM

Btw on the Ct gov race, I still think Lamont by 10%. Blumenthal may win by a slightly larger margin IMO than Lamont.

Last edited by BobNJ1960; 10-28-2022 at 12:19 PM..

Old 10-28-2022, 12:22 PM

1,241 posts, read 904,611 times
If you are only considering it a tradition since the advent of television sure but, if not, there is an example of this “tradition” being broken well before Clinton.

Quote:
It was followed up until 2012 perfectly. It is an American tradition, recognizing the rightful winner, done within half an hour of the network call of the election. It's meant to unify the nation. All networks called shortly after midnight in 2016.

I'm no fan of either Schmidt or Palin, but applaud him 100% here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKv8hjMMxo8&t=51s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut