Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 07:43 PM

37 posts, read 137,204 times

Advertisements

I noticed a post said that area is bad. I would like to know how bad that area is? I went there this morning and it seems not so terrible. Maybe that area is bad during night?

Thanks for any comment!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 08:10 AM

79 posts, read 303,934 times
The area is subdivided into Success Apartments (formerly known as Canaan Village) on the east side of Success Avenue (mostly in the Town of Stratford) and Success Park on the west side (entirely in the City of Bridgeport).

Success Park consists mostly of two-story townhouse units with individual gardens (end units with big yards are highly coveted). It is a coop and has a large concentration of senior citizens who enjoy the low common charges that include heat. It is one of the most crime-free areas in the city and is known for the pride residents take in its appearance and upkeep.

The apartments across the avenue are somewhat frayed around the edges and, compared to the remainder of Stratford, would not be considered one of its choice areas. However, they are by no means dangerous; they are within easy walking distance of every kind of convenience, and they may be the most affordable place to live in all of Fairfield County.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:54 AM

Acornsower,
Thanks a lot for your comments. I guess I am gonna go get a townhouse in Success Park.
Have a good weekend!

Old 04-23-2008, 03:52 AM

6 posts, read 67,032 times
Default Success Village Apartment

It would be the worst investment you could make in your life. There is a maintenance crew and office worker that are unionized. This work force controls the place like nobodies business. Currently the board of directors is so corrupt that arrests should be made. As of yesterday the president of the board Mrs Williams appointed herself as manager of the coop for an undisclosed amount of money. One of the current board member Mrs Johnson was a long time employee and union member for which this situation would be illegitimate at best. As unions go this would be categorized as one of the most corrupt with an over staffing of 4 to 1. These facts alone with the currently high common charge which will soon be drastically higher is a bad choice for a home

Old 04-23-2008, 07:38 AM

Default oh, no~

i am scared by the previous post.
i just signed the binder of sales.
cross my fingers...

Old 04-23-2008, 06:27 PM

Default Success Village Apartment

The previous manager was one of the union works and a saboteur to boot Mr Reed. A few weeks previous he cause and oil leak in the boiler room totaling over $200,000. in damages which will be passed on to the members. Look up Success village apartments in the NLRB or internet. You'll see all the labor cases in the past 3 years costing the coop 2 million dollars in damage. The newly installed manager Mrs Williams will in the near future sign a new bargaining agreement with the union which will give them an unprecedented pay raise of around 25 dollars per hr. This would probably cause increase to the common charge to near $800 dollars a month. If you do your home work you'll find that there is large amount of unit for sale that cannot be sold or even given away. Those people will be trapped in the near future. Break that contract and run for the hills and do yourself a big favor.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:17 PM

i talked with my agent and she told me online post cannot be trusted 100%. well, it is true. but i also could not find any useful information about success village, no matter good or bad, before i saw mezinjo's post. success village apartment inc. is operating like a underground company.
the agent even wanted to know who is mezinjo. i do not know what she was thinking.it is not a prospective buyer's job to figure out where the negative information about Success Village is from. if there is different voice about Success Village, she or the management office should make clarification but not try to find out who is saying something that they do not want to hear.
Success Village also want me to fill in an application form asking for almost all my personal information from SSN to driver's license number. Holy crap! Am I buying a co-op from CIA?
anyway, i withdrew my offer. the management office is not doing business in a professional way, or at least their method did not make me feel comfortable. i did noticed several average quality, if not good, units have been in market for several months or even one year. but i never thought the office can be one reason.

i am not sure if mezinjo will let friends here know more about the real side of success village, which is said to be the biggest co-op in CT.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:46 PM

18 posts, read 74,428 times
Hmm, FWIW, based on some Googling, it looks like Success Village wrangles with the local AFL-CIO that represents its employees from time to time...

Old 04-25-2008, 06:17 PM

Hey Ming,

Was your agent name Una? She has been working in SVA office for about 30yrs. She is one of the union ring leaders and part of the diabolical plan to bring that Co-Op down by corruption, theft, and control. She owns over a million dollars of property in Brevard county FL. How does a poor office secretary amount such a fortune?

Old 04-25-2008, 07:11 PM

hi, mezinjo,
thanks a lot for your information.
no, my agent is not Una. my agent is a kind lady had limited information about Success Village as I did. i guess she also felt shock when she heard what i saw in your post.

do you mind telling me where you heard such shocking news? or such news is not news for people currently living in Success Village?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut