Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2022, 11:10 AM

992 posts, read 605,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Hey Guys,

I know we all love to joke and have fun and that is a great thing. However, as the tournament organizer, and the person who has to record and count all the votes, I just would like to ask you all to: PLEASE make sure you are CLEAR when you vote.

Please don’t post joke votes, or bold the other town to fool me and then say that your vote is actually for the other town. Also, I won’t always understand what you mean if you say other names for towns that they might be known by. For example, Greenwich is known as Beverly Hills East. It’s ok to add flare, have fun, and say these things, but just please make sure you’re clear.

Like let’s say you’re voting for Greenwich. You can say Beverly Hills East, but also make sure you either bold Greenwich or say Greenwich as well.

I’m so sorry if I’m getting a little picky, and I am all for having fun! That’s the whole point of the tournament! However, as the organizer that has to count all the votes, it can just really be confusing to me if you go too far and aren’t clear.

Have Fun, but Please just make sure you’re as clear as possible with your votes!
My apologies. I will vote clearly every time!!

In case it's not obvious, or god forbid I accidentally forget to vote in a round, you can just auto-vote for Fairfield for me.

Old 04-12-2022, 11:24 AM

2,233 posts, read 1,665,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudFairfielder View Post
My apologies. I will vote clearly every time!!

In case it's not obvious, or god forbid I accidentally forget to vote in a round, you can just auto-vote for Fairfield for me.
No Worries at all! Just want to make sure, your vote is for Fairfield over Middlefield of course, right?

Also, I was a little confused about Windham vs Bridgewater for you as well. Should I record Windham for you?

I’ll record it as Fairfield and Windham for you now, unless you say anything different. Please confirm! And all the rest of the towns you bolded are your votes, right?

You’re lucky because, usually I record the votes before I even read the comments. However, I need my computer to record the votes, and I was just lurking around with my phone to see who has voted so far!

Old 04-12-2022, 11:33 AM

Quote:
No Worries at all! Just want to make sure, your vote is for Fairfield over Middlefield of course, right?

Also, I was a little confused about Windham vs Bridgewater for you as well. Should I record Windham for you?

I’ll record it as Fairfield and Windham for you now, unless you say anything different. Please confirm! And all the rest of the towns you bolded are your votes, right?

You’re lucky because, usually I record the votes before I even read the comments. However, I need my computer to record the votes, and I was just lurking around with my phone to see who has voted so far!
Ah, got it.

Yes, my votes are for Fairfield and Windham. Sorry for any confusion, and great to know I got lucky!

Old 04-12-2022, 01:51 PM

OK, so we're just waiting for 7express and hopefully a few new voters for this Round!!! Remember, guys, you can jump in an vote at anytime, and we really want as many new voters as possible!

We've got a few draws that we need to break:

Haddam 10-10 Canton
Deep River 11-11 Avon
Lyme 11-11 Newtown
Barkhamsted 9-9 Putnam

Oh My Word, Groton has turned the fixture around and is now in the lead against Roxbury.

Stonington, Old Saybrook, Madison, and Essex are running away with absolute blowouts. Guilford and Westport as well are almost completely blowing out their opponents.

Glastonbury, East Lyme, West Hartford, and New Haven are having it tougher than expected.

Old 04-12-2022, 05:13 PM

21,805 posts, read 28,185,347 times
I would’ve thought Deep River would handily beat Avon. Avon is a super nice suburb, but that’s about it. Deep River is beautiful and has character.

Old 04-12-2022, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I would’ve thought Deep River would handily beat Avon. Avon is a super nice suburb, but that’s about it. Deep River is beautiful and has character.
I honestly really like Deep River, and I voted for it as well as have hope, but considering the town coefficients in terms of performance in previous tournaments, Avon came in to the fixture as strong favorites at around a 68% chance.

Old 04-12-2022, 07:24 PM

Quote:
I honestly really like Deep River, and I voted for it as well as have hope, but considering the town coefficients in terms of performance in previous tournaments, Avon came in to the fixture as strong favorites at around a 68% chance.
I love the stats. Keep it up man!

Old 04-13-2022, 04:40 AM

1,294 posts, read 1,982,438 times
Quote:

And I would've thought the opposite. Deep River is a nowhere town with nothing to do. Avon has nice neighborhoods is convenient to West Hartford and Hartford. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 04-13-2022, 07:39 AM

854 posts, read 515,619 times
Quote:
I am pleasantly surprised. I agree with you re: Avon v Deep River, but I thought Deep River would be less known vs Avon. Maybe the excellence of Deep River chips is helping out.

Old 04-13-2022, 08:28 AM

1,331 posts, read 2,636,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerAnthony View Post
Deep River is a nowhere town with nothing to do. Avon has nice neighborhoods is convenient to West Hartford and Hartford. Different strokes for different folks.
For anyone who likes the CT River towns, Deep River is representative of what the area offers. It has a cute downtown, water views, a good community vibe, and is laid back. Not too far from the Sound. I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't need to be near a city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut