Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2024, 08:16 AM

1,011 posts, read 338,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
stafford so that's tolland. I posted the link on a local facebook page and it caused a stir. Now they did do a significant amount of work. A new deck and a new roof did add to value significantly. It looks like there's been about eight sales at above 400K this year.

About half of what's for sale isn't technically houses, it's land. If there's connections there's higher prices. End of a cul de sac will sell. Not near anything it might not although one just sold that's near train tracks and with a barn. Farms are also for sale but they are way up there due to the amount of land and probably the equipment that comes with it.

I'm still surprised not so much of the price but the time. How did the contractors and the permitting for all of this only take eight weeks?
They move pretty fast today.

I've seen people who know how to flip do things (roof, plumbing, bathrooms...etc) at a shockingly fast pace. I have no idea where this house is or if you are considering buying it, but the prices of renovations have shot up astronomically. People tell me they almost hit the floor when they see how much even a sheet of plywood costs - lol.

A home that has all new things like a roof, deck, bathrooms...etc would be nice. You won't have to worry about all that crap for 20 years (give or take). At any stage of life, an older house that needs work gets to be a real pain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2024, 07:03 AM

4,470 posts, read 3,367,080 times
Here is an interesting property.

A Connecticut home with a private FAA-approved airstrip and hangar has hit the market for $2.9 million.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/real...&ei=27#image=1

Old 04-28-2024, 08:53 AM

398 posts, read 168,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post

A Connecticut home with a private FAA-approved airstrip and hangar has hit the market for $2.9 million.
Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Old 04-28-2024, 09:33 AM

83,561 posts, read 75,474,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post

Awesome views too! That's wild but they aren't helping with pollution

Old 04-29-2024, 10:16 AM

21,793 posts, read 28,161,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
That's wild but they aren't helping with pollution
It would be a tiny plane on that strip. Just a hobbyist situation.

Old 04-29-2024, 11:45 AM

257 posts, read 140,712 times
Just an anecdote but I can't get a contractor out here to save my life. Had a guy show up to do a siding and doors estimate, spent an hour assessing everything and promised a quote. Radio silence. That was like a month ago. They refuse to take my money.

Old 04-29-2024, 01:47 PM

34,973 posts, read 57,057,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okbymeman View Post
Just an anecdote but I can't get a contractor out here to save my life. Had a guy show up to do a siding and doors estimate, spent an hour assessing everything and promised a quote. Radio silence. That was like a month ago. They refuse to take my money.
This is not uncommon during their busy season. I can’t tell you how many contractors have done this to me over the years. I’ve found it’s best to plan well in advance so I usually contact them over the winter when they have more time. Where are you located? Maybe someone here can fifer recommendations for contractors.

Old 04-29-2024, 05:32 PM

21,793 posts, read 28,161,485 times
Contractors are notoriously flaky during busy times. I just expect it at this point.

Old 04-29-2024, 05:42 PM

14,065 posts, read 13,974,554 times
Waterbury have biggest increase in home values in the state and fastest rent price increase.

Walnut-Orange-Walsh — along with 14 other neighborhoods in Waterbury — were the top performers in the state this year in terms of percentage increase in home value, according to a Hearst Connecticut Media analysis of Zillow data.

Waterbury’s Walnut-Orange-Walsh, a gritty section of the state’s fourth-poorest city, came in at No. 1 on the list, with a 153.4 percent leap in home valuation from 2020 to February of this year. A typical home in the neighborhood, valued at $58,038 in 2020, is now worth $147,066.

It’s changed,” said Belinda Weaver, who has lived in the neighborhood since 1968 and serves on the Waterbury Board of Alderman. “A lot of people have moved out, and other people have moved in.” Despite the newcomers, she adds, “there hasn’t been a big turnaround in my section.”

“The rents have tripled and the demand by investors have gone up,” said Levi Yudkin, a Waterbury real estate agent who has sold 90 homes in the city in the last year. “Ten years ago, you would drive down the street somewhere and you’d see boarded-up houses. You don’t see that anymore.”

Although the hot market is great for sellers and investors, tenants and longtime homeowners across Waterbury are suffering as both rents and taxes skyrocket to new highs in the modern era.

https://www.ctinsider.com/business/a...s-19409626.php

Old 04-30-2024, 07:02 AM

257 posts, read 140,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
This is not uncommon during their busy season. I can’t tell you how many contractors have done this to me over the years. I’ve found it’s best to plan well in advance so I usually contact them over the winter when they have more time. Where are you located? Maybe someone here can fifer recommendations for contractors.
I’m in Woodbury-Roxbury-Washington area, thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut