Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2020, 10:54 AM

1,888 posts, read 1,190,740 times

Advertisements

Reason for starting this thread is most everyone I speak with says they will not. So then how does this vaccine work??
Answers seem to be 1. Yes 2. Not until everyone else does!?
3. No. The other thought is well if everyone gets the vaccine then I'll be ok??

Mods if you can do a poll that would be great. Thank you

Old 11-21-2020, 10:55 AM

21,657 posts, read 31,280,569 times
You can put me in the No category.

Old 11-21-2020, 11:38 AM

26,662 posts, read 28,742,859 times
Yes. I am so sick and tired of all the worrying and places being closed down. I just want to get this over with.

Anyway, the doctors and nurses get it first and if they are willing to get the vaccine, then so am I.

Old 11-21-2020, 11:47 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Yes

Old 11-21-2020, 12:12 PM

145 posts, read 79,697 times
Yes, and I work in patient care in a hospital so I’ll probably have to get it

Old 11-21-2020, 12:58 PM

1,738 posts, read 1,157,091 times
By the time it's available to me, many other guinea pigs will have taken it so will probably have a pretty good idea if it's safe. So probably.

Unfortunately, in the toxic polarized political environment we live in, guaranteed it will be politicized and many conservatives will feel they are betraying the cause by getting vaccinated as that's a liberal thing.

Old 11-21-2020, 01:51 PM

4,541 posts, read 6,815,078 times
I am curious to see the implementation rules. Will the vaccinated people be required to follow quarantine rules, travel advisories etc., or will they be exempt? Will we get to pick the one we want such as the Pfizer one over the others?

Old 11-21-2020, 02:07 PM

83,564 posts, read 75,505,242 times
No! Same reason I say no to the flu shot. No thanks.

That's all I'll say without starting a rant or a bicker war. lol

(And yes, there should be a poll on this. ReDo)

Old 11-21-2020, 02:12 PM

11,316 posts, read 18,925,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Yes. I am so sick and tired of all the worrying and places being closed down. I just want to get this over with.

Anyway, the doctors and nurses get it first and if they are willing to get the vaccine, then so am I.

To me, this question is meaningless, because here's what's going to happen:

1) They will give it ON SITE to the health care workers. They will be REQUIRED to get it to keep their job and it will hold up in court.

2) Then in a similar fashion it will be given after that to the cops, firefighters and teachers.

3) Then it will be open to the public (or maybe open to the public after giving it in nursing homes)

At that point enough people will get it that those "on the fence" when it's available to them will mostly come around. The true "no vax" people will realize like it or not it's our only quick way out of this. A few will resist absolutely and if most got it that will be OK, but they will likely be locked out of some jobs (health care, first responder, maybe education, I doubt forcing it for corporate jobs will hold up in court though) and from going to mass events (though I'm not sure how easy it will be to enforce at mass events) and we'll get 90% compliance within a year.

I am a bit hesitant to be the first to get it, but it looks like they gave it to thousands of people already so I'd likely trust it and if I was in group #1 above and had to get it right away I would. I am in group #2 above though.

Old 11-21-2020, 02:30 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
To me, this question is meaningless, because here's what's going to happen:

1) They will give it ON SITE to the health care workers. They will be REQUIRED to get it to keep their job and it will hold up in court.

2) Then in a similar fashion it will be given after that to the cops, firefighters and teachers.

3) Then it will be open to the public (or maybe open to the public after giving it in nursing homes)

At that point enough people will get it that those "on the fence" when it's available to them will mostly come around. The true "no vax" people will realize like it or not it's our only quick way out of this. A few will resist absolutely and if most got it that will be OK, but they will likely be locked out of some jobs (health care, first responder, maybe education, I doubt forcing it for corporate jobs will hold up in court though) and from going to mass events (though I'm not sure how easy it will be to enforce at mass events) and we'll get 90% compliance within a year.

I am a bit hesitant to be the first to get it, but it looks like they gave it to thousands of people already so I'd likely trust it and if I was in group #1 above and had to get it right away I would. I am in group #2 above though.
That's pretty much what I am thinking. I don't expect to be first in line to get the vaccine, so it probably won't be available to me for a while in any case. By the time I can get the vaccine, many will have gone before me so it will be possible to make a good judgment about how safe it is. I don't consider the vaccine a political issue as some do. I am not a liberal, but I would like to get the vaccine to bring peace of mind both for myself and to add to a collective peace of mind for society as a whole. Plus selfishly speaking, I want to be able to get back to activities that I have been forced to curtail such as travel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
View detailed profiles of: