Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 09:01 AM

34,969 posts, read 57,045,368 times

Advertisements

Please return to the topic of the OP which is whether you would participate in the vaccine when it’s available. Other discussion of the Covid-19 crisis should be made on the Covid-19 thread. JayCT, Moderator

Old 11-23-2020, 09:05 AM

34,969 posts, read 57,045,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
We're currently at roughly 40% of the hospitalization numbers seen in the Spring, which we handled fine. Very far from a breakdown.

Hospitals also have the plans to expand if they do hit capacity.
That may be true on a statewide average but from what I’m hearing hospitals in major cities are at capacity. That affects treatment there. How long before the other hospitals fill up.

Since this is off topic to this thread we shouldn’t discuss it further here. Jay

Old 11-23-2020, 09:17 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,810,460 times
We will both get the vaccine, but not until after all essential and front line workers get it first. We can wait, we're retired and can stay home as long as needed. It will be better to see how the vaccine does in the first couple of months. If there's any complications. I sincerely hope not, but yes, I want the vaccine as soon as I'm confident that it's safe, and those that need it more than we do have it first.

Old 11-23-2020, 07:35 PM

11,309 posts, read 18,916,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
You realize we are going to be required to take the vaccine whether you want to or not. Or you can stay home.

Places of employment may require it to continue working. Just like the flu shot. As well as schools ect

I would not be surprised if you need proof of vaccine to travel as well.

Maybe for restaraunts, bars, clubs?

Ticketmaster says they will require proof of vaccine to attend a concert.

And now Qantas Airlines just announced today that once we get to the point that everyone can easily get a vaccine, they will require proof of one to travel with them

https://www.theguardian.com/business...ve-vaccination

Old 11-23-2020, 09:53 PM

208 posts, read 114,464 times
Some states have already published their priorities.

Quote:
The Texas Department of State Health Services detailed the procedure in its plan.

“In the initial phase, the allocation of doses must focus on vaccination providers and settings for vaccination of limited priority populations,” according to the guidance.

Those groups include frontline and essential workers, long-term care residents and people 65 and older and people with serious underlying medical conditions.
I like that they are putting long term care residents high on the list. Those facilities are high risk (though vaccinating the care workers will reduce it some).

Old 11-24-2020, 04:30 AM

1,241 posts, read 905,599 times
Ticketmaster has not said that.

https://help.ticketmaster.com/s/arti...language=en_US

“There is absolutely no requirement from Ticketmaster mandating vaccines/testing for future events. Unfortunately, this has been widely reported and is incorrect. Ticketmaster does not have the power to set policies around safety/entry requirements, which would include vaccines and/or testing protocols.”

[/b][/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
You realize we are going to be required to take the vaccine whether you want to or not. Or you can stay home.

Places of employment may require it to continue working. Just like the flu shot. As well as schools ect

I would not be surprised if you need proof of vaccine to travel as well.

Maybe for restaraunts, bars, clubs?

Ticketmaster says they will require proof of vaccine to attend a concert.

Old 11-24-2020, 05:35 PM

6,949 posts, read 3,777,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBigGreen View Post
Ticketmaster has not said that.

https://help.ticketmaster.com/s/arti...language=en_US

“There is absolutely no requirement from Ticketmaster mandating vaccines/testing for future events. Unfortunately, this has been widely reported and is incorrect. Ticketmaster does not have the power to set policies around safety/entry requirements, which would include vaccines and/or testing protocols.”

[/b][/b]
Ticketmaster sells tickets, that's it. Promoters, venues, municipalities will decide vaccine requirements.
He was on the right track. Same idea.

Old 11-24-2020, 06:43 PM

1,241 posts, read 905,599 times
Brilliant post from the Stub. This is what makes city data so great. Keep up the good work. Molto bene

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Ticketmaster sells tickets, that's it. Promoters, venues, municipalities will decide vaccine requirements.
He was on the right track. Same idea.

Old 11-24-2020, 06:55 PM

21,638 posts, read 31,262,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBigGreen View Post
Brilliant post from the Stub. This is what makes city data so great. Keep up the good work. Molto bene
Almost spit out my green tea.

Old 11-24-2020, 07:27 PM

6,949 posts, read 3,777,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Almost spit out my green tea.
Me too. That was great!
Molto bene was brilliant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
View detailed profiles of: