Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 07:02 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,088,210 times

Advertisements

Remember, service people in CT have to deal with CT customers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 07:31 PM

756 posts, read 2,219,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Maybe you should try the BigY in Stratford. I have to shoo them away from bagging my stuff when i use the self-checkout lane.
Good for you! No thank you, have no desire to shop Big Y in Stratford, have a Big Y in my own town!

Old 01-13-2009, 08:11 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,870,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcfamily View Post
Good for you! No thank you, have no desire to shop Big Y in Stratford, have a Big Y in my own town!
Excellent! I'm sure that you'll be more comfortable shopping at the location in your town!

Old 01-13-2009, 10:43 PM

21,630 posts, read 31,226,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justacustomer View Post
No. I don't hate it. I don't even hate the way kids are raised here or the way temporary workers are (not) trained.

I just can't imagine how any business can survive allowing people to be rude and agressive towards customers.

In one of my grad courses I remember how some other students would present in class how serious their retail companies were about recruiting and training, but it is sad to see that executives have no clue what is really happening in the lower tiers of their organizations.

But your response is typical. "You don't agree with me, or you don't like the way I treat you? Get off my store.... get off my country... " LOL keep living like that... denial.... everything is fine.... this country is strong, prosperous and full of pleasant and friendly people... and some even criticize people from France... Oh La La
Having worked in retail for quite some time in HS and college, you sound like just another "entitled" demanding customer who, when an employee raises an eyebrow at a borderline comment you made, you immediately call the manager to complain.

Did you just make this thread to insult people from CT? No wonder why nobody wants to be friendly with you. It's all about the vibes.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:46 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,905,316 times
Quote:
Welcome to Fairfield Cty, Connecticut, the poor back yard of Manhattan".
Quote:
Maybe I am not that lucky and only deal with people who act like they are new yorkers from wall street or Fifth Ave, but with a min. wage and only high school!
I agree with kidyankee, it sounds like you started this thread just to insult Ct. Actually I am laughing though, because I think you have it backwards.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:49 AM

132 posts, read 331,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post
Remember, service people in CT have to deal with CT customers.
At first I viewed this post as snarky, but I know what a difficult adjustment it was when we moved here. CT customers are not bad. They just don't talk unless they are in their ''comfort zone''.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Maybe I am not that lucky and only deal with people who act like they are new yorkers from wall street or Fifth Ave, but with a min. wage and only high school!
Sounds as if you dealt with high school kids?

I am not from CT but I do find it interesting you come to the board of one of the most educauted and affluent areas in the nation and accuse them of being uneducated and poor. Truly comical......

Didn't take me long to realize what a troll was on these forums.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:41 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,012,444 times
Quote:
...people who forget they are there to assist you.
What consists of assistence?

I'd rather a "cold" individual who solves the problem vs someone who smiles at me and is useless.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not trying to pick up friends the local customer service counter.

But, since we are on the subject - Here in Manchester, at the stores I frequent I've actually made some friends over the years. One African American lady in Lowes who works the service counter and I exchange emails every now and again and greet each other with a hug and kiss. She goes nuts over my baby son when I have him with me. I guess you only get that kind of "niceness" in the South though.

For me, what I like about this area is, it's generally what you choose to make life into. If you are a cold hard person, you generally get that in return. If you are outgoing and friendly, that's generally what you get in return.

When I sign my name on the electronic pads, I usually make a smiley face as most times it shows up on their computer screen and most workers see it and chuckle. If someone wants to be miserable, it doesn't stop me from smiling and being polite.

Smile and the whole world smiles with you.

Try it.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundthecorner059 View Post
Sounds as if you dealt with high school kids?

I am not from CT but I do find it interesting you come to the board of one of the most educauted and affluent areas in the nation and accuse them of being uneducated and poor. Truly comical......
*educated. whoops!

Old 01-14-2009, 08:51 AM

34,948 posts, read 56,980,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundthecorner059 View Post
*educated. whoops!
Don't worry, topos ARE allowed. If they weren't I would not be Moderator of this Board. I always make them. I remember there being a discussion on one Board I frequent (I don't think it was this one) about allowing typos or not. It was such a useless discussion. Typos happen, so what? Have a good day, Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut