Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2009, 02:39 PM

2,856 posts, read 10,435,073 times

Advertisements

I am having professional pictures taken of my children coming up in October and want to have it outside somewhere scenic maybe with pretty folliage or water or bridges or stone buildgs etc. Something that would make a nice picture.
Even though I grew up in the area I seem to be drawing a blank as to where to have the session, anyone have any ideas?
The towns it needs to be in or around are Enfield, Suffield, Winsor, Windsor Locks, Somers etc...
Thanks for any suggestions!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 05:12 PM

418 posts, read 1,411,147 times
Heublein Tower
Elizabeth Park

Old 09-13-2009, 06:01 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,008,811 times
Wickham park hands down.

You have multiple "gardens" and whatnot you can pick and choose from.

Wickham Park Gardens

Here is a slideshow of just the cabin gardens in Oct:

Wickham Park Cabin Garden Slideshow : October

You can even go up to the "cabin" and have the river valley and skyline as a backdrop if you wish.

Good luck!

Old 09-13-2009, 06:36 AM

11,298 posts, read 18,892,517 times
When I was up there this summer the two places I definitely went to see (I LOVE scenic views) are Heublein Tower (Talcott Mountain State Park) and Wickham Park (would've never known of the latter if it weren't someone I befriended in the program I was in who used to work in Manchester and told me all about it......truly AWESOME place).

Wickham Park has a small fee but is very much worth it. Also you have to take a bit of a hike to get to Heublein so Wickham Park may be the better choice for you in that regard.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:25 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,923,584 times
Wickham park looks beautiful. I've been here all my life and never been up there, but will this coming fall. It looks like a perfect place for pictures.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:43 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
I know it's a little far from where you're going but St. Clements Castle in Portland is beautiful. If there are not any functions going on, you can walk around and snap some photos. There is a sunken garden on the eastern grounds and a beautiful backdrop if you go along the river.

I don't know any in the Enfield area, sorry.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:01 PM

11,298 posts, read 18,892,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
Wickham park looks beautiful. I've been here all my life and never been up there, but will this coming fall. It looks like a perfect place for pictures.
I believe the cost is $3 on some weekdays, $4 on others, and like either $5 or $6 on weekends. But it's per car, not person and definitely worth it. There's also a neat really small "mini-zoo" mostly focusing on birds.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:47 PM

2,496 posts, read 4,723,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH02 View Post
I am having professional pictures taken of my children coming up in October and want to have it outside somewhere scenic maybe with pretty folliage or water or bridges or stone buildgs etc. Something that would make a nice picture.
Even though I grew up in the area I seem to be drawing a blank as to where to have the session, anyone have any ideas?
The towns it needs to be in or around are Enfield, Suffield, Winsor, Windsor Locks, Somers etc...
Thanks for any suggestions!!!
Well, someone already suggested Talcott Mountain /Hueblein Tower, so another suggestion I have would be to just drive around Canton's Collinsville neighborhood. They have a small Main Street area with a few restaurants and storefronts and it's just a nice area. It seems like a nice place to go when the leaves change. Maybe that's why some magazine ranked it as one of the Top 10 Coolest Places to visit.

Wickham Park looks great. And if there's a place to photograph the Hartford skyline like I saw earlier I might just go there.

The MDC Reservoir area also is nice, too!

Northwest Park, in Windsor, might also be worth visiting. I haven't been yet but know many people who have and it's supposed to be a popular place for running, hiking and walking the trails. I'm sure it'll look nice once the foliage begins. Ah, fall is upon us!

Old 09-14-2009, 05:34 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,008,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromCT View Post
Wickham Park looks great. And if there's a place to photograph the Hartford skyline like I saw earlier I might just go there.
Oh yea...IMO it's even better in person. That pic is taken from the cabin at the "peak" of the park and it's just a big grass hill like you see. Wickham is a definite stop at least once.

For Skyline pics you also can go up to the Buckland Mall as well on the West side of the parking lot and get a similar view. Same for Case Mountain in Manchester - a short hike to the top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut