Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2010, 02:40 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
If there is no storm on models come Tuesday I will inform you, dont worry. Things change...As of this moment chances are we could see snow "chances" ..."possibilities"... nothing in life is 100%...remember that.

If I was saying "IT WILL SNOW"... you got a point.

**KEEP IN MIND** Everything I say is being based by current models.
Fair enough..but even now the only models that show enough cold air for snow in the Northeast of outliers..I don't see it..even Accuweather has backed off...calling for a cold rain now. I think you just jump the gun too much. I know you are enthusiastic about snow and thats cool, I love snow too..I just think you should wait until the models come together before sprouting off about "get your snow shovels out" and all that stuff. Best to say,,hey a few models are showing the potential for snow in the "x" timeperiod. You'd get alot more respect than the way you go about introducing a longshot snowstorm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 04:14 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,086,545 times
Quote:
In Snow people have the choice to drive in it or not.
Not true. If your place of employment doesn't close, you'll lose pay or maybe even your job if you don't show up.

And if they do close, they'll lose money from making that choice.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:47 PM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post
Not true. If your place of employment doesn't close, you'll lose pay or maybe even your job if you don't show up.

And if they do close, they'll lose money from making that choice.
I'd rather lose money for a day or two than an entire house from a Tornado or a Tree fallen on car.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:06 PM

Models backing off the idea of a coastal storm. Now its West of us as a Great Lakes Storm.

Here's where we go from fun stuff to headaches.

But again...Its still long term, 6 days, things can still change..

Old 11-18-2010, 05:11 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Models backing off the idea of a coastal storm. Now its West of us as a Great Lakes Storm.

Here's where we go from fun stuff to headaches.

But again...Its still long term, 6 days, things can still change..
dont get it..you say backing off but when was it ever "on" a coastal storm...never saw it..thats truly "wishcasting"

Old 11-18-2010, 10:47 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,086,545 times
Quote:
I'd rather lose money for a day or two than an entire house from a Tornado or a Tree fallen on car.
I'd rather do neither.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:32 PM

Typical LaNina Winter..Hopes up then a let down... Seems like Most of the snow will be near Great Lakes.. Buffalo could pick up a foot+

Just like in 2007 when I was depressed from seeing green practically all winter. And there was another LaNina year where the air was so fridgid but too dry to snow. Depressing.

That will change hopefully mid December

Old 11-19-2010, 06:55 PM

4,429 posts, read 10,363,775 times
Quote:
Typical LaNina Winter..Hopes up then a let down... Seems like Most of the snow will be near Great Lakes.. Buffalo could pick up a foot+

Depressing.

That will change hopefully mid December
I know it might get you angry to hear it…but I tried to tell you that 5 days ago. It’s climatological for lows to head toward the Great Lakes/Upper New England in November and even early December. There is about a 10% chance of an ocean storm (meaning a low that heads south/east of the Tri-State area) this time of year. Most of the models have all switched and now say the big low wil go through the Great Lakes next week (as if we need a computer to tell us that). For us on the East Coast, next week will be windy, with showers…and mild (temps in the 50’s). Even the day after Thanksgiving it will be modestly cool in the Tri-State area (highs 48/lows 25 F)…but dry into early December.

The only thing that looks certain next week…is a blizzard will be in the news as it slams into Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, maybe even Denver. The big events next week will be a big storm in the Intermountain West and Lake effect snows. I think the cold may hang on for a few days/a week across the East Coast…but there will be no moisture around. By the time moisture looks to come around on December 5th or so…the cold bleeds away from the far eastern USA.

So it’s now on odds on favorite that the Tri-State area has no real chance of snow until at least the second week of December the way it looks to me.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:05 PM

We are getting rain on thanksgiving...with some mixing of snow behind it at night inland areas.

Now here's a question.... I said Storm on Thanksgiving...I was right...I said snow...I was wrong but was I wrong or does mother nature control all that? I cant control the air temp.

I was right...models were right. Period.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:06 PM

NEXT POSSIBLE SNOWSTORM... I was right about a storm coming 10 days advance....

** DECEMBER 4...NEXT ONE. **

PNA GOING NEUTRAL/POSITVE WHILE NAO STAYING NEGATIVE...ALWAYS GOOD FOR SNOW IN EAST.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut