Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 07:07 AM

2 posts, read 2,600 times

Advertisements

I am having the same problem with dots all over my screen dog anyone know what to do to have this problem fixed for free
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 06:31 PM

2 posts, read 2,655 times
Default Page 7

Terrance123456, you need to refer to page 7 for the procedure.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:39 PM

2 posts, read 2,655 times
Default Affected by Energy Mode?

Within the last week, my Mitsubishi WD60735 has started to get the quickly multiplying white spots. I'll call Mitsubishi to discuss with them, but in the meantime, I have a question to others who had this problem.

I've had my TV for close to 6 years, with no problems other than periodic blown bulbs. I've always had the Energy Mode set to "Low Power" mode. Less than a year ago I changed to "Fast Power On" mode, for convenience. Now, after doing that, within less than a year I started having the white spots problem. So I'm wondering if the Fast Power On mode may contribute to the issue.

So I'm wondering if all of you who have had this problem have kept the TV in Fast Power On mode, or if any of you kept it in Low Power mode, yet still had the problem.

Old 01-18-2015, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,295 times
I am interested In a lawsuit as well I have several fits now and it is the third time now as of today 1-18-15 replacing the bulb ; I purchased this tv in2009 June.

Old 01-26-2015, 01:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,265 times
Just had my 65' Mitsubishi repaired last Friday and DIDN'T pay the $200 service fee that others are saying they paid. I followed what some of the postings on here are stating by calling into Mitsubishi and being nice but staying persistent. I called them and reported the same problem that everyone else is having. The representative said that they'll have the DLP chip replaced but it will be $200 for the service. I mentioned that I'm aware of others not having to pay the service fee because this was a known issue. The representative said that they could not pay the $200 fee. I said that I would sign a waiver form, she said there isn't a waiver form to sign so I asked to talk to a supervisior. I was put on hold for a couple minutes when the representative came back and said the supervisior was on another call but they could offer me a "one time" free replacement lamp. I replaced my lamp about a year or so ago so that was not something I was interested in. I asked again to speak to a supervisior in which again I was put on hold. After another couple of minutes she came back and said that she received approval for a "one time" repair authorization that Mitsubishi would pay but I would have to sign an agreement. All of sudden there WAS an agreement form to sign, go figure!! They emailed me the form, signed it, sent it back and a couple days later my TV was fixed by an authorized TV service (who was great) repair guy and I didn't pay a dime. Funny thing is the repair guy asked how I got Mitsubishi to pay for the service. I just said you need to be persistsnt and just keep saying that you want to speak to a supervisor. He said he actually had someone just the day before have Mitsubishi pay for the service as well.
It can be done, you do not have to pay the $200 service fee. I'm specially writing this for all future owners of a DLP set that are getting white spots. Call the company, be nice, but don't take no for an answer and you too will get your TV fixed without paying anything.
Mitsubishi customer relations - 800 332-2119

Good luck!!!!

Old 01-27-2015, 09:50 AM

2 posts, read 2,600 times
I got them to respond and they paid for parts and labor

Old 01-28-2015, 11:07 AM

2 posts, read 2,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrance123456 View Post
I got them to respond and they paid for parts and labor
Congrats. I am still "fighting" with them. Still waiting on the "one" supervisor in the building (oh no sir, there is more than one but they are unavailable right now) to call me back today. Told them if I did not receive a call, that I would move forward with additional measures. I was assured that I would get a call back today. We'll see.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:42 PM

2 posts, read 2,509 times
What is the oldest year model that anyone has gotten repaired recently that they fully covered the part and labor? They will not budge and as a matter of fact were very condescending about I couldn't talk to anyone else about this issue.

Old 02-02-2015, 05:37 PM

8 posts, read 8,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwilde View Post
What is the oldest year model that anyone has gotten repaired recently that they fully covered the part and labor? They will not budge and as a matter of fact were very condescending about I couldn't talk to anyone else about this issue.
I called today, 2/2/2015 the white dot is driving me crazy.

I Took the $200 offer, the TV is from 2008, it's out of warranty and a tried for 10 minutes to get them to pay the charge like everyone has mentioned.

They are now saying this is a take it or leave it offer, so since it was indeed out of warranty and 7 years old, I took it. $200 to fix it is better than nothing.

Annoying.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,202 times
I called them and followed instructions from all the post. I was offered the 200 dollar deal. Lady said she was the only supervisor in the entire company. (what a goof). She refused to deal. The best offer was the 200 dollar deal. I did not take it. I can buy the piece for less so I'll prob just do that. I've replace the bulb about every yr. or so since I've owned this tv.When it's fixed it's a great picture. Just a shame Mit. treats it's customers like this. Mine is a WD-86833
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics