Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2022, 04:45 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,609,650 times

Advertisements

Not quite the huge surprise....but fairly large in scope for our area:

https://www.ucbjournal.com/t-w-frier...putnam-county/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2022, 07:38 AM

13,355 posts, read 39,974,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
Not quite the huge surprise....but fairly large in scope for our area:

https://www.ucbjournal.com/t-w-frier...putnam-county/
That'll be located on Tennessee Avenue just south of I-40 and behind the mammoth Academy Sports distribution center. A similar FedEx facility announced for Clarksville will have 75 jobs, so I assume this one will, too.

In other development news, Baxter's mayor was on Thursday's radio show on 94.1 with Glenn Jones to talk about what's going on in Baxter. He wasn't at liberty to give names because of confidentiality agreements, but he said a couple of different grocery stores, shopping center developers, a hotel, and several restaurants are scouting Baxter, and upwards of 1,000 new homes, including "hundreds" at one development south of I-40, are in the works.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 02-09-2022, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonyrich View Post
Does anyone know what is being built south of the new police station on Neal across S. Maple?
At least part of the mystery is solved. I drove by there last night and saw a big sign for Baird Wealth Management. So I assume this means that Baird is moving its offices from the WestSide downtown to this new building across Maple from the new police HQ. I have no idea what else will go into that building.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 02-15-2022, 11:45 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,664,353 times
Went down 10th St to CVS this morning. From the stakes along the way, it looks like some people are going to lose a serious part of their front yard to the widening project.

Old 02-16-2022, 07:00 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,609,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Went down 10th St to CVS this morning. From the stakes along the way, it looks like some people are going to lose a serious part of their front yard to the widening project.
I saw the stakes this morning; you are correct!

Old 03-01-2022, 10:37 AM

Putnam County has agreed to help Baxter fund an expansion of its sewer system which will include fixing the current system. Baxter had an population of 1,578 in the 2020 census but is experiencing rapid growth; with over 100 homes built in Baxter since the census, it's probably approaching 2,000 already. In addition to the $150 million Portobello tile factory being built in Baxter, there are 400 more homes either under construction or about to get started, and another 1,600 on the drawing boards.

https://herald-citizen.com/stories/b...-repairs,56908

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 03-02-2022, 03:08 PM

303 posts, read 295,620 times
Pilot is rebranding the station on Jefferson to One9 Fuel Network. I had to look it up, but it's still owned by Pilot. I was hoping it would eventually go away and get most of that truck traffic out of that stretch of town.

Old 03-05-2022, 06:24 AM

The last vacant big box space in Cookeville is about to get filled. The old KMart building is being renovated to house something called Big R Rural King. It's not the same Rural King that opened in Crossville a few years ago, and it's not the same Big R that's all over Colorado even though they're all farm supply stores. To add to the confusion, "Big R" and "Big R Rural King" have similar logos. Big R Rural King right now has stores just in southern Illinois, so Cookeville will be their first location outside of Illinois. I'm sure people will still refer to it as just "Rural King" even though it's not really Rural King. Or maybe just Big R even though it's not really Big R?

No word yet on when it will open, but I drove by there last night around 8pm and there were people working on the inside, so it looks like they're in a hurry.

https://herald-citizen.com/stories/n...t-store,57046?

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 03-08-2022, 04:02 AM

13 posts, read 18,384 times
Here is their website below and they have a Facebook page. Super disappointed that is not a RURAL KING,,,love that chain.
https://bigronline.com/?fbclid=IwAR1...72HukoCIkj_TN0

Old 03-17-2022, 05:50 AM

730 posts, read 816,748 times
An unnamed local company is buying 19 acres in the Highlands Business Park to expand and add 45 new jobs. I understand the need for secrecy but it would be nice to know who this is. I guess we'll know soon enough. They're not asking for any tax breaks or other incentives although 19 acres for only $434,700 is a bargain these days.

https://newstalk941.com/cookeville-e...park-location/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville