Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 06:29 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer nights View Post
you sound like a wonderful person. My parents who attended Brownsville Assembly of God in Pensacola the Brownsville Revival may be moving to that area . They say there is a nondenominational spirit filled church there that is wonderful maybe you should visit this church and meet the people before moving.
My mom says they are wonderful people . It is in Jamestown TN
Sorry I did'nt get back here sooner, been busy working and getting the little ones adjusted to their new school and all. That is a wonderful idea, to visit a church first. I guess their reception is as good as any right? The fact that they love Christ and all, I guess I should'nt be expecting anything less than a welcoming of yet another sister in Christ to the area right? We'll see....

I'll get to TN soon enough, now I just have to wait until another long holiday when the children have a break. I can't wait! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 10:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,742 times
you are welcome in Jamestown tn. we have a hospital . and i know we need good workers. And in clarkrange tn is a nice place to live. farms and ponds 12 m to jamestown come on to tn

Old 01-28-2011, 11:49 PM

59 posts, read 89,868 times
I wonder what happened to Betsey?!? Wonder if she still is planning on coming to TN? I hope she can find the right place in TN for her...I know what it is like to want to be in another area to experience what they have to offer

Jamestown does not have much to offer though My mother in law was complaining tonight about not having many places to shop for groceries now...The local food Lion went out of business...so now they have walmart and save a lot only in jamestown. They have a small grocery store in Allardt but it is pretty far away from my mil...and Clarkrange has one which is far away..so now about every week she drives out of town.. We were just talking tonight about Jamestown becoming a "ghost" town since jobs are not there for many..especially factory type jobs. Every single member of my husband family is driving out of town to work every day..my fil in cookeville and my sil in cookeville and my bil in nashville..just to mention the immediate ones...

Old 08-26-2011, 11:20 PM

Default Truly God's Country!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duvallwest View Post
I wonder what happened to Betsey?!? Wonder if she still is planning on coming to TN? I hope she can find the right place in TN for her...I know what it is like to want to be in another area to experience what they have to offer

Jamestown does not have much to offer though My mother in law was complaining tonight about not having many places to shop for groceries now...The local food Lion went out of business...so now they have walmart and save a lot only in jamestown. They have a small grocery store in Allardt but it is pretty far away from my mil...and Clarkrange has one which is far away..so now about every week she drives out of town.. We were just talking tonight about Jamestown becoming a "ghost" town since jobs are not there for many..especially factory type jobs. Every single member of my husband family is driving out of town to work every day..my fil in cookeville and my sil in cookeville and my bil in nashville..just to mention the immediate ones...
Hey!! Betsey and family are doing quite well in TN!! It's amazing, the people are awesome! We're renting for a while in middle TN, have been traveling all over enjoying the beautiful scenery and gauging the different areas.

Been to Bristol, Knoxville, Maryville, Johnson City, Kingsport area, been thru Cookeville, Crossville, actually liked Sparta. We're leaning more towards East TN, so beautiful! You guys are sooo blessed. I'm so happy to be a part of it. I mean the second day of being here, the neighbors came over with a fudge pie! Who does that? Never had one until then, delicioooous!!

Got my nursing license within weeks of been here, feel like I got the world at my fingertips...lol! Can't wait to find my 'niche' and settle down so I can start planting. Kids are happy, love their school, made friends of different nationalities, it's a beautiful thing.

So, I'm crying again as I type these words, only difference being.....these are happy tears!! All this worrying for nothing, talk about trusting God huh? I'm still work a in progress. Thank you all for your kind words of advice and encouragements. Be blessed.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:47 PM

As for my beautiful, loving friends....they never made it out of South Florida, they couldn't get their house sell in Key West, not the way the market is anyway, that kept them their a while and then the husband (R.I.P. Bill ) passed away. Karen, she decided to stay. I didn't want to leave, but she encouraged (more like pushed) us to go and live our dreams out. We stay in touch all the time, not quite the plans we made, but I'm confident we'll meet again.

R.I.P. Bill...........You may not have made it to TN, but I know you're in a much better place, loving you always!!!!!.

Betsey

Old 08-27-2011, 11:02 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,270,401 times
Betsey, I am so sorry to hear that about your beloved friends. Live the dream for them!

Welcome to Tennessee. I love when people move here and love it. It lends some credibility to my gushing.

By the way, when we bought our house in Knoxville I spent the first few weeks with tears in my eyes due to the almost never-ending parade of neighbors welcoming us to the neighborhood. We got the best plate of chocolate chip cookies I have ever tasted!

Old 08-29-2011, 01:32 PM

Default Will live my dream!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Betsey, I am so sorry to hear that about your beloved friends. Live the dream for them!

Welcome to Tennessee. I love when people move here and love it. It lends some credibility to my gushing.

By the way, when we bought our house in Knoxville I spent the first few weeks with tears in my eyes due to the almost never-ending parade of neighbors welcoming us to the neighborhood. We got the best plate of chocolate chip cookies I have ever tasted!
Hiknapster, really appreciate that warm welcome. It is beautiful, the people so warm, I'm amazed! I even went an visited with my neice that moved here a while ago. Trying to convince her to move closer to us....

I'm having a ball!! Yeah, it's worth the gushing!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville