Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2007, 04:19 PM

6 posts, read 13,865 times

Advertisements

I am leaning towards a mix of Log and Stone about 2000-2500 sq/ft...why do you ask?

Old 06-15-2007, 08:07 AM

240 posts, read 1,155,649 times
Just looking at what people are doing, and how the area is going to look

Old 06-15-2007, 03:34 PM

Well,

i am hoping that we all try to keep up the esthetic standards.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:00 AM

98 posts, read 390,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bear View Post
If you want log cabin on top of log cabin, this is your spot. Also allways check out the water situation on any property that you look at (should be your #1 on your list), make sure they have county/city water available, wells on top of mountains don't allways work out like you want. There are other communities in the area that are real nice communities, Indian Trail Estates is nice, Overton Retreat is real nice and there is on in Viola that I can's think of, remember you get what you pay for.
I AGREE, BIG BEAR, I SURE WOULD WANT A WATER LINE BY MY PROPERTY AND NOT HAVE TO DEPEND ON A WELL. WELL'S TEND TO GO DRY DURING HOT SUMMER MONTHS. WITH A WATER LINE YOU CAN HAVE FIRE HYDRANT'S. ALSO WITH A WELL HAVE TO BOIL BEFORE DRINKING OR ADD PURIFYING SYSTEM.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:39 PM

6 posts, read 13,745 times
Smile Osbucs

Thanks for the information - we will break ground on our new home on Horse Shoe Lane next week and was beginning to worry about wells being dried up during the summer months. We are very excited about our Hawks Bluff home and can't wait for our home to be completed to start enjoying the beauty of the area. We currently live in Pembroke Pines and work in Miami and have had enough of traffic problems, hurricanes, road rage and rude people.

Old 06-16-2007, 02:53 PM

sounds like you are in the same mindset. I have only lived in Coral Springs for 6 years but came from a slower paced Southern area and grew up in a small town in the northeast. I have been done with SoFla since I got here.

Looking forward to the peacefullness of TN.

Good luck with the building process.

What are the costs, currently, for septic, well, and electrical?

Old 06-16-2007, 05:57 PM

I am in the process of building right now. My well cost me about 4500 to dig and my septic tank came in at 3000 dollars. The well is based upon the depth and that were they get the price. I have heard some people getting deals up there for clearing the land, well and septic for 10000 total. Not sure on electric i just put that in with underground service.

Old 06-17-2007, 01:53 PM

Thanks. I have heard the same numbers, give or take. That is also around the estimate the agent gave me at the time. have you looked at any other developments in the area?

Old 06-18-2007, 03:53 PM

5 posts, read 10,966 times
without argueing or getting into a argument, but i dissagree with the water situation up there. You may have been lucky to get a well with water. I have several clients that Hawks bluff has lied to. They sale a piece of property with a creek. They never said a seasonal creek. They have stripped the trees..it looks like a desert in some parts of hawks bluff. The roads are dirt..and dusty. As far as the thefts..you need to check again! The police dept was involved along with some contractors..they had a hand in it. I do have facts on this! The police dept is corrupt there. I can go on this topic forver!

Old 06-18-2007, 07:54 PM

I would like to have the information you have on the police and corruption.
I working in a Law Enforcement agency would love to hear about that.
Also you think realtor tell the total truth in any state. If the property has a creek it does. Do they have to tell them it a seasonal creek. Not being a lawyer, but my guess is no. But that is a strong statement about the police and contractors. Love to see that information. Also not looking to get into any argument, but would like to see the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville