Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 07:52 AM

1,298 posts, read 4,287,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGV View Post
And a link to my photos of CC:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/texas...hotos-7-a.html

I think CC is a beautiful city and is demonstrating strong growth.
Gorgeous pictures, RGV! I've never been to CC myself but my daughter and her husband went back before they were married. Did the usual thing there like the aquarium and the ship but they enjoyed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 01:32 PM

925 posts, read 1,228,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Ask Bellestar!
Who is Bellestar and why should I ask that poster? You made the comment so you need to back it up with some substance?.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:56 PM
RGV

570 posts, read 3,221,942 times
I tried to steer this thread into a intelligent conversation about development, and some continue to insist on attacking the local population with derogatory comments.

I keep forgeting this is not like the usual architectural and development forums I participate in. Rather, it's a forum for people to ask questions about local populations, schools and activities.

But, it does seem that there are certain posters who have made it their mission to denegrate an entire section of Texas. Perhaps it makes them feel better about themselves.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:39 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,774,143 times
Great pics RGV. I always liked Corpus. We use to go to Padre Island when we didn't go to Galveston, but the beach area seemed to get a little dirtier each time we visited. The last time, there was oil floating on top of the water. But Corpus is still a pretty town, I think.

We go to SPI now, which has always been my preference, but it's such a long drive.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGV View Post
I tried to steer this thread into a intelligent conversation about development, and some continue to insist on attacking the local population with derogatory comments.

I keep forgeting this is not like the usual architectural and development forums I participate in. Rather, it's a forum for people to ask questions about local populations, schools and activities.

But, it does seem that there are certain posters who have made it their mission to denegrate an entire section of Texas. Perhaps it makes them feel better about themselves.
What's even worse is he made the comments and has yet to even back them up.

Old 10-20-2007, 05:36 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,412,421 times
Also there is a lot of suburban sprawl around Corpus now as well. The new Nueces County Fairgrounds in Robstown. Also a large Outlet Mall is being proposed right next to that. Calallen is getting a new sub-division called "The Lakes". Which I think is supposed to end up being fancier than Wood River, (which isn't so fancy by the way). That is suppose to have a private lake and 1000 homes in it at the end. And several small shopping centers are being built in Calallen. And also a 64 residential lot area across the street from "The Lakes". Many new areas are being built in Annaville too. And also, Jack in the Box has come to town! And will end up opening 8 restaurants in the city within the next year. Corpus is really starting to grow fast. Now Especially the southside and Flour Bluff. By 2010 Corpus is population is suppose to explode and urban sprawl will be everywhere! Just wait. Its starting to happen now.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:16 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conanS View Post
I am in the RGV. If there is a way for the people here to get FREE money, they will do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my wife is from this area and her parents are no different than the masses here. that is the key to the Valley, there are some good people here, but they are the minority!!!
How about that for starters?

Old 10-20-2007, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabetx View Post
Also there is a lot of suburban sprawl around Corpus now as well. The new Nueces County Fairgrounds in Robstown. Also a large Outlet Mall is being proposed right next to that. Calallen is getting a new sub-division called "The Lakes". Which I think is supposed to end up being fancier than Wood River, (which isn't so fancy by the way). That is suppose to have a private lake and 1000 homes in it at the end. And several small shopping centers are being built in Calallen. And also a 64 residential lot area across the street from "The Lakes". Many new areas are being built in Annaville too. And also, Jack in the Box has come to town! And will end up opening 8 restaurants in the city within the next year. Corpus is really starting to grow fast. Now Especially the southside and Flour Bluff. By 2010 Corpus is population is suppose to explode and urban sprawl will be everywhere! Just wait. Its starting to happen now.
Sorry man, I cheer for Corpus, I do. But that post was, no offense, filled with blind optimism and you know what, there's no problem with that in my book but I have to warn you it's false. Corpus isn't growing fast, as I explained in an earlier post, it's still growing quite slow (4,000-5,000 a year). But man, it's growing, that's all you need it to do. There are places in the US that are losing population. However, you and the rest of the citizens of Corpus need to band together and start electing officials who are smart about growth and encouraging of it in not only a progressive manner but realistic one as well. Then maybe a growth spurt (maybe something in the double digits a year) could occur, but the way it's shaping up, like you said, it's just Jack in the Crack (sorry, that is what myself and friends call it) opening up stores.

Old 10-21-2007, 06:55 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,412,421 times
Actually, it really isn't much blind optimism at all. Signs are up and building has started already for a lot of these projects I listed. Like "The Lakes" and that 64 residential lot which isn't really so big. Many are being built like this in Annaville and on the Southside along Saratoga. And the outlet mall is more than likely to happen. I dont agree with it being built by Robstown, but its right next to the highway and it is prime, cheap land! And many new small shopping centers are being built on about a weekly basis along 624 and Saratoga. And ya, Corpus's population is only going up 4 or 5 thousand people a year, but thats because everyone is moving to the burbs. Like Portland and Calallen/Annaville. Down 624 just outside of the city limits. And the only reason I was excited about Jack in the Box is because it is my favorite restaurant and they were never in Corpus til about a month ago now. So thats why I brought that up. But I really agree with you about the citizens banding together and electing new officials. Nothing but a bunch of old farts run this city and try to keep it hidden from the world and try to keep it the little city it is today. All they care about are the little businesses and dont want to let anything new in. So I really agree with you on that.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:16 AM

3 posts, read 12,321 times
To anyone who reads this post I know that I will get a lot of flack over this but it is my veiw, Corpus Chiristi will never grow and prosper because of the CROOKED city, county officials and unscruplesous developers that have them in their pockets.Nothing is ever get built in Corpus thath this group of thugs don't ok and if it isn't for the southside (the NEW DOWNTOWN) it isn't going to happen! Another reason is the unususal hiring practices going in in the city. It is not how Qualified you are, it is what race or who you know that gets you hired.Lets see we have found out that the police chief may or may not be a rapist the inspector for the city of cc can't be trusted, we can't relie on the city to let the citizens when the water is not safe to drink and our mayor DOESN'T care what the citizens want, He WIll decide what is best for us , And the City , County CAN'T make a decision with an expensive consultant.So what in the hell do we need them for ?? My point is that Corpus Christi Would be a great city if the local government was working for the public GOOD. but it seems that they are only working to line their own pockets and the pockets of their freinds Or why else would we still have parts of C C that look like the worst getto in Mexico ? Because the CIty has an adjenda that will KILL parts of this city .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi