Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 09:28 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,845,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMomDeb View Post
You mean CNN where they had Nancy Grace and another entertainment personality (I cannot use the word "news reporter" with a straight face for any of their employees) held a "long distance" telephone conference with each other in the same parking lot?
CNN is crap just like the other networks. If only PBS had a morning news show.
So true.I stick to my local news,and avoid the 24-hr.replays!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 09:48 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Nancy Grace should change her name to Nancy Disgrace.

CNN has scraped the bottom of the barrel to have that screeching ninny harpie on their network.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:39 PM

898 posts, read 1,218,616 times
actually the biggest disappointment has been MSNBC. i read that site daily for my newshound addiction. today it has become an iPad app. go see the site. 7 or so stories with HUGE pics in case you can't read. CNN? i don't see much of a change except ONE little thing.

they changed the category of CRIME to JUSTICE. that's actually sad. i preferred the sensationalized category of crime.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:48 AM

1,660 posts, read 2,533,757 times
Cnn and msnbc both used to be decent news websites. Now they are both more like the weather channels website which is a horrible thing.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:19 PM

579 posts, read 761,916 times
I gave up on CNN 4 something years ago.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 915 times
Why not Fox? It is 24/7 mostly news. A few opinion shows but the true news is the true news. Don't get your news ABOUT Fox from all the haters, check it out for yourself. I avoid the political opinion shows and am well informed with regards to news. *Warning* Avoid the show, "Red Eye." It is so bad, I almost gave up the entire network because of it. "The Five" at 5pm is really good.

Old 06-13-2014, 02:16 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susc View Post
Why not Fox? It is 24/7 mostly news. A few opinion shows but the true news is the true news. Don't get your news ABOUT Fox from all the haters, check it out for yourself. I avoid the political opinion shows and am well informed with regards to news. *Warning* Avoid the show, "Red Eye." It is so bad, I almost gave up the entire network because of it. "The Five" at 5pm is really good.
Surely you jest!!~!~

Thanks- I needed a good belly laugh this afternoon.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:14 AM

3,930 posts, read 6,442,779 times
There is another option that has popped up, One America News. The news reporting seems pretty straight-forward. Yes, it has opinion shows as well, but you know that it is opinion, as posed to ABC, CBS, NBC that are more opinion than news.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:20 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Surely you jest!!~!~

Thanks- I needed a good belly laugh this afternoon.
Do you watch Fox News, and if so, which shows do you watch?

Old 06-15-2014, 08:41 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,845,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizita View Post
Those who watch CNN with any frequency will probably have noticed some major changes in the last few months. Since a new CEO was hired they have moved away from their format of men in suits delivering commentary or news to something that looks much more like mere entertainment. The station has been spending significant time on whatever story is dominating the headline for the time being, spending all day long reporting on things like the rescue of the three kidnapped women in Cleveland and the Trayvon Martin case. Little other news gets in during the day and all their top reporters are reporting on location, milking the story until there is nothing left and then milking it some more.
Many new shows have started too. Anthony Bourdain is now on CNN with a show that is almost identical to the one he did on Travel Channel - a show about traveling and trying different foods. Nothing that resembles anything remotely similar to news. A new talkshow has just launched where a young man sits on a couch interviewing celebrities. CNN has also joined many other stations in making shows in the popular genre of crime documentaries a la "48 Hours". Anderson Cooper who is, in my opinion, a gifted and serious journalist is now hosting shows with titles like "Beauty and the Priest" about a 1960 murder where a Catholic priest was the prime suspect. Very juicy and entertaining but hardly anything that has anything to do with CNN's original role as a Cable News Network.

So what do you think? Are the changes good or bad? Do you like CNN better now than when it was mainly a station of talking heads? Should all these changes been made or should they have stayed true, or at least more true, to their identity as a news station?

All of the POS 'government controlled media' is worthless now! I prefer BBC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events