Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2013, 07:36 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times

Advertisements

I know that dismissing the fact that we'd already established that the spray-painting was vandalism allows some to circumvent discussion of the real issue--that those residents chose not to abide by the DCR rules that everyone else adhered to...but let's not.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:44 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,448,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I know that dismissing the fact that we'd already established that the spray-painting was vandalism allows some to circumvent discussion of the real issue--that those residents chose not to abide by the DCR rules that everyone else adhered to...but let's not.
Please show where it was determined that any rules were broken.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:03 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,172,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
People like myself that live in those places have many things to do and we don't want kids in the way. It's obvious you don't have a clue about this subject or these types of communities.

They are probably complaining because they suspect the kid is living there and not visiting.

We always read these stories about grandchildren. People forget the grandparents moved into that type of community to be away from kids and now they think their family should be exempt.

Exactly. The grandparents become the "free daycare" for the grandkids and that violates the privacy of the other residents who moved there to get away from kids and their noisy activities.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:54 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,186,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Please show where it was determined that any rules were broken.
So you think NO VANDALISM should have to be written into the rules. If something is illegal that should be understood.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:49 AM

19,613 posts, read 12,212,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Sorry, jerks, but I will Rock On until I drop dead, and I also don't mind little children playing. You can try to ban little kids but how are you going to ban OTHER SENIORS who aren't just like YOU?????
Well, noise ordinance violations, disturbing the peace, harassment, things like that. The neighbors are being quite nice actually.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:16 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,448,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
So you think NO VANDALISM should have to be written into the rules. If something is illegal that should be understood.
Noooo...I believe the post I quoted was referring to the belief that the homeowner who was vandalized was breaking the HOA rules regarding children. Nothing has been posted to support that as far as I can tell. The HOA appears to allow children to visit. Those people wanting a more restrictive environment should find one.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:07 PM

35,687 posts, read 21,039,129 times
More restrictive envirorment? they would have to crawl into their own skins, there are some folks,,, who simply think the world revolves around them and they have NO flexibility whats so ever, and they are simply arrogant and mean.. I see them all the time, I do not know how they got this way... but they are. AT the store I work PT- they yell at me as if I am their slave?
my take- they are all on DRUGS- the good stuff -prescribed and all that, but mind altering for sure, I really have a hard time dealing with them, and still try to be compassionate, but people there is NO NEED to be so nasty!

Old 11-20-2013, 12:37 AM

153 posts, read 309,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
That's why I would never ever live in one of those places....too many people with nothing to do and all day to do it so they end up in everyone's business....sell and move to a normal neighborhood
Apparently you have never been to my neighborhood, hence my username "nosyneighbors"... and I am NOT the neighbor who is nosy

Old 11-20-2013, 12:46 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,071,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
A Florida grandfather believes his granddaughter was the reason someone vandalized his two cars in his elderly community.
The message scrawled on his car read, "No kids." Now, he's scared to have his granddaughter visit.
This is sad when a man cant feel safe with his visiting granddaughter.

It was reported that this grandfather lives in an age 55+ community of Vero Beach that has strict rules about minors staying overnight.
There is a 30 day per year limit on overnight stays. Daily visits, however, are unlimited.
Barat says several neighbors have written complaints to the Homeowners Association about his granddaughter.

‘No kids’ painted on grandfather's car in Vero Beach
55+, sounds like an early entry to the cemetery...

Old 11-20-2013, 01:33 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,437,452 times
Lots of people here making comments about communities in which they have never lived but about which they are only speculating. Every place has rules. As I mentioned before I don't live in an over 55 community but I have visited some and those people were having a whole lot of fun. There was lots of activities and socializing. They went on trips and to various forms of entertainment. Some of the residents found others who had similar interests like golf, tennis, swimming. Others liked to attend sports events or cultural events.

The advantage is that there are people around the same age with the similar interests who can easily find each other. I don't know how many times I see young people posting on CD stating they are lonely having just moved to a new city or have been living in a new city for up to a year and still haven't found a place to go to meet new friends. To bad there aren't 20+ communities for them.

The issue here is to catch the vandals and punish them. But the grandfather must understand that if the neighbors have previously complained about him, he should be addressing the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events