Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 09:52 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,943,335 times

Advertisements

Student knocks Nimitz High teacher to floor; police investigation underway | News - Home

Quote:

Student Knocks Teacher Out: Nimitz High School Student Caught On Video Shoving Teacher Arrested - YouTube

HOUSTON -
Aldine ISD police say a 16-year-old student at Nimitz High School was so upset with his substitute teacher for taking his phone, he pushed her onto the ground.

The video shows the student, who's described as 6 foot 3 and 325 lbs., standing up and pushing the teacher three times and on the third time the 66-year-old woman fell to the ground.

"We have a school policy that we can't use phones, we can't use phones during the day, so she was right to take his phone. For him to act that way, it isn't worth it," said student Daija Owen.

"The substitute teacher confiscated a cell phone from a 16-year-old male student. The student attempted to retrieve his cell phone. He got up and shoved the substitute teacher, shoved her repeatedly and eventually shoved her to the ground," Aldine ISD spokesperson Jason Spencer said.

The student actually walked himself to the principal's office to turn himself in. He was charged with injury to the elderly. His name isn't being released because he is a minor.

The substitute teacher, who is retired full-time teacher, was rushed to the hospital with minor injuries and released a short time later.

There is no word on whether the student will return to class.
Now does this make your blood boil or what? I'm young, but even in my day, I don't think this guy would've left that classroom without butt whipping. Notice the other kids laughing...

Does anyone else think some of these schools should be ran like military camps? Give them uniforms, structure and discipline...make them ask for so much as permission to blink.

Last edited by eddiehaskell; 05-17-2014 at 10:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 09:30 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,236,051 times
With that total lack of respect for authority I predict a fairly short and violent life for that kid.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:48 AM

4,625 posts, read 12,299,513 times
I see at least a year behind bars for this kid. What's really sad is the complete lack of respect for authority. I hope his parents see that video, and don't coddle him and say it wasn't his fault.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:04 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Lock him up.

He walked to the office to turn himself in?

Well, gee, if he hadn't done that, I'll bet they would never have known what happened and who did it!

Good God!

Old 05-18-2014, 10:33 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,448,074 times
There's a good chance his parents will say, "He made a mistake, that's all... just one mistake."

Old 05-18-2014, 10:36 AM

2,209 posts, read 2,319,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Student knocks Nimitz High teacher to floor; police investigation underway | News - Home

Now does this make your blood boil or what? I'm young, but even in my day, I don't think this guy would've left that classroom without butt whipping. Notice the other kids laughing...

Does anyone else think some of these schools should be ran like military camps? Give them uniforms, structure and discipline...make them ask for so much as permission to blink.
This punk needs to be hurt --severely!!

Old 05-18-2014, 10:47 AM

368 posts, read 396,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
There's a good chance his parents will say, "He made a mistake, that's all... just one mistake."
"The teacher must have said something racially motivated."
"He's a 16 year old boy, give him a break."
"He was only defending himself."
"She had no right to take his phone away."

It wouldn't surprise me at all if his parents said one or more of those things. He may technically be considered a minor, but he's as big as some NFL defensive linemen are! I can understand why nobody tried to break up the skirmish. #1 - How many times do you see someone get physical with an elderly lady? Those who weren't hooting and hollering were probably shocked by what they were witnessing. #2 - Even if the situation was escalating, would you be brave enough to get in the path of someone of his stature, especially if he's in a hostile mood?

Old 05-18-2014, 11:31 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,898 times
Until teachers, bus drivers, and others who deal with these kids start pressing charges nothing will change. Many school districts prohibit teachers from pressing charges preferring to handle the incident themselves. These kids need to be charged with assault and sent to jail. There is no excuse for this type of behavior.

Old 05-18-2014, 11:44 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,317 posts, read 8,658,778 times
He should be expelled.
Then prosecuted.
His future is bleak, good job parents

Old 05-18-2014, 12:09 PM

3,766 posts, read 4,107,777 times
He was charged with injury to the elderly??!! WHAT!!! So if the teacher were not elderly, he would not have been charged, right? And some of you see jail time for him? How? Unless they throw some charges at him, I see no punishment at all for him. Some believe that parents should be charges in cases like this. I have a better idea, why not charge the school administrators, and put them in jail. After all, they had to have known about his violent tendencies, and they did nothing to protect the teacher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events