Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 05:44 AM

326 posts, read 471,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLidoBeach View Post
He made a wrong turn. All the documentation, video's audio,etc have been shown on TV.

When the Mexican Military make that wrong turn (with their guns) we release them. Do you think he hasn't asked "nicely"? Do you think the petition was not worded nicely? Do you think we need to be nice to people who are beating him?

They were punching him as he was naked and handcuffed to his bed. Aren't we supposed to defend Americans or is it more PC to be nice to them?

Longford....do you think we do this to all the millions of Mexicans that are in this country illegally? Do we beat them and chain them to beds like animals? Hell, we just realeased 36,000 Mexicans who were rapists, murders, DUI's,etc. and they are roaming the streets now.

If you don't want to sign it don't. I would hope American's would want to sign to support a Marine who is being tortured.
you start off with "This post isn't for any political attacks." and then you go into EXACTLY that. i'm seeing alot of hatred against Mexican immigrants in this post too...

The fact that he's a Marine doesn't make him any more of a special human being, that is entitled to more favourable treatment, than any average Mexican or American. He broke a Mexican law, he made the mistake, he will end up doing the time. Sometime the consequences for making a small mistake can be quite severe, other times you get a slap on the wrist, this guy got the short end of the stick, unfortunately.

Old 06-01-2014, 08:29 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,275,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Not to defend this idiot, but a situation like that did actually happened.

Truck driver carrying $100k in ammo arrested after making wrong turn into Mexico

by Carina Sonn
Posted on May 4, 2012 at 7:34 AM
Updated Friday, May 4 at 2:14 PM

PHOENIX -- A Valley businessman is out $100,000 after a truck carrying his ammunition made a wrong turn in Texas. The driver is now in a Mexican prison.

Jabin Bogan, 27, was driving a load of ammunition from Tennessee to Phoenix, with a stop in El Paso, when he took a wrong turn.

Stuck in border traffic, Bogan was forced to go all the way into Mexico.

Bogan's attorney said a U.S. Customs agent told Bogan he could take a U-turn once in Mexico, but when he tried to come back, Mexican border agents searched the truck, which contained 27,000 rounds of ammunition. It's against Mexico's firearms law to bring ammo into the country without prior permission. Bogan was arrested.

Truck driver carrying $100k in ammo arrested after making wrong turn into Mexico | azfamily.com Phoenix
Just like the Marine, this truck driver should have stopped his truck on the US side, put it in park, and refused to cross. You can't be forced to cross. Even if a customs agent tells you to make a U-turn on the other side. Yes, it would have held up traffic, yes it would have pissed off the people behind him, and yes he might have been detained. But at least he would have been detained on the US side.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:40 AM

1,971 posts, read 3,044,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Yeah, and notice the guards walking around there. It's not that hard to flag one down and let them know you need to turn about rather than cross. Getting across the lanes of traffic is a PITA but there are breaks in the barriers to the left. Anyway, you just reinforced my point, which is that you can't just accidentally drive across, the border is really freaking obvious and well-marked, and there's a checkpoint at which you have to stop.
He is genuinely an idiot. The story about how he tried to escape from prison is hilarious. If anyone knows about Mexican jails in Tijuana, they are just a big open area with loads of other people. Half of them are white American idiots causing trouble over the border. They are scary because they are like going to jail in 1900, unmanaged and unmanageable, and there actually might be a possibility of escape. This is in contrast to the sci-fi dystopia scary of USAs solitary confinement supermax style imprisonment where you can end up in a white cement cell forever for minor crimes like smoking weed while black.

He will probably get out due to the media circus. He has no real defense for his actions, so his lawyer, or whomever decided to play up the marine angle and take this to Fox News is a genius. Otherwise he'd be stuck in jail for quite some time, like the other dozens of people who this happens to every month.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:56 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,032,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Yeah, and notice the guards walking around there. It's not that hard to flag one down and let them know you need to turn about rather than cross.
Those are Mexican guards. They have to stay on the south side of the line. They would not be able to help you turn around on the American side. You would have to seek help form US authorities for that.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:11 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,032,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Just like the Marine, this truck driver should have stopped his truck on the US side, put it in park, and refused to cross. You can't be forced to cross. Even if a customs agent tells you to make a U-turn on the other side. Yes, it would have held up traffic, yes it would have pissed off the people behind him, and yes he might have been detained. But at least he would have been detained on the US side.
If I was that truck driver, I would have executed a slow U-turn across all lanes, waiting for traffic to stop and back up as necessary. After I got the truck turned around, I would call 911 and inform them that I would be driving northbound in the southbound lanes, and request that they have officers make a traffic break for me at the last US exit, so I could exit there. I would then accept a traffic ticket for driving the wrong direction, pay the fine, and not spend any time in a Mexican jail.

Old 06-01-2014, 04:40 PM

1,129 posts, read 1,351,846 times
There are probably signs saying you have reached the border, along as a fire arm sign.

I know you like military men. Calm down .

Old 06-01-2014, 06:24 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,088,996 times
Dirtbag country that doesn't deserve any more of our American $.

Got enough of them over here that are here ILLEGALLY.....we should make a trade.

1000000 of your "refugees" for 10 ten of our drunk 'mericans.

Throw in a truck load of potable water.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:47 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
[quote=King_of_DC;35012997]As a Vet I sympathize with this young man.

Please stop comparing this young man to Mexicans coming over illegally. Face it, they are coming over to work... ...quote]

Despite the newspeak requiring that they all be referred to as "uncocumented workers," they're not. And I'll toss into that group the 60,000 "children" crossing our border from Central America via Mexico thanks to Obama and his buddy, former La Raza head Cecilia Muñoz, and for which he hit up the Congress for $1.4 billion--while our vets suffer just before fleeing to Poland.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:06 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Count me in as a supporter of this brave Marine and I will be signing the petition!

sincerely yours,

Bowe Bergdahl

Old 06-07-2014, 12:15 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,938 times
Well, you know what. That is their law, and he should have just watched his P's and Q's. How did he cross the border, without any fence? Isn't their any real gate or fence, or is it because of migration of animals???

The police offer obviously picked him, knowing full well he could have told him to turn the blaze back around and ignore it.

I mean seriously WHERE THE ***** IS THE BORDER. THAT SIGN WAS TOO SMALL.

THE SIGN WAS TOO SMALL. THAT SIGN SHOULD HAVE BEEN A GIANT SIGN, AND THE SIGN NEEDS TO BIGGER AND NO GUNS ALLOWED SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE SIGN. IT IS THE FAULT OF THE SIGN ITSELF. A HUGE SIGN SHOULD HAVE BEEN UP, THAT SAYS DON'T BRING GUNS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events