Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 07:59 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,024,976 times

Advertisements

Again, apparently in the name of the religion of peace ...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30571
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 09:50 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,425,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
Again, apparently in the name of the religion of peace ...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30571
No story there. Maybe you want to check your link? God is great is a phrase I used in prayer as a child. I'm a Christian.

The people who do this kind of stuff have serious mental issues. These are the same type of people who would join a cult or who could be easily manipulated by any given person under the right circumstances. They are angry, probably jobless or underemployed, and have to blame someone else or something else for their problems. If it's not in the name of Islam, it's in the name of Christ or some other religion, Hatred, Jealousy, Revenge, Race (pick any), Gender. These people are twisted.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:28 PM

1,906 posts, read 2,040,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
No story there. Maybe you want to check your link? God is great is a phrase I used in prayer as a child. I'm a Christian.

The people who do this kind of stuff have serious mental issues. These are the same type of people who would join a cult or who could be easily manipulated by any given person under the right circumstances. They are angry, probably jobless or underemployed, and have to blame someone else or something else for their problems. If it's not in the name of Islam, it's in the name of Christ or some other religion, Hatred, Jealousy, Revenge, Race (pick any), Gender. These people are twisted.
Driver Shouting 'Allahu Akbar!' Runs Down 11 French Pedestrians - NBC News

Easy to find with a simple search

Kids in your church chant "Allahu Akbar!" ?

The problem isnt that every once in a while a nutcase kills a few people, the problem being pointed out is that the overwhelming cause of human misery these days are Islamic terrorists.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post
Driver Shouting 'Allahu Akbar!' Runs Down 11 French Pedestrians - NBC News

Easy to find with a simple search

Kids in your church chant "Allahu Akbar!" ?

The problem isnt that every once in a while a nutcase kills a few people, the problem being pointed out is that the overwhelming cause of human misery these days are Islamic terrorists.
You're the only one that has mentioned the bolded words in this thread. The title says God is Great, and yes I used that (I am American and speak English) phrase in my prayers as a child. I don't know how kids in my church came into this since I didn't mention anything about kids in my church.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:03 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Quote:

No; if your a Christian then you know there is what is called evil in the world and not mental problems even as defined by laws. We are both criminally responsible on this earth and afterwards. What you describe is part of the culpable mental state of crimes. In common language; intent.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:07 PM

1,906 posts, read 2,040,328 times
Quote:
I don't know how kids in my church came into this since I didn't mention anything about kids in my church.
Sorry, misread. I though you said your kids when you were talking about you as a kid.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:08 PM

20,349 posts, read 19,937,992 times
This just isn't France's month with regards to the Religion of Peace.....

French police shoot dead knife-wielding man in police station | Daily Mail Online

Old 12-21-2014, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
No; if your a Christian then you know there is what is called evil in the world and not mental problems even as defined by laws. We are both criminally responsible on this earth and afterwards. What you describe is part of the culpable mental state of crimes. In common language; intent.
I think evil people have mental problems. What they do doesn't make sense to a normal person. I don't use mental illness as an excuse. I believe they should still be punished.

Old 12-22-2014, 01:41 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,024,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
This just isn't France's month with regards to the Religion of Peace.....

French police shoot dead knife-wielding man in police station | Daily Mail Online
I'd say other countries aren't having a great time with it either, a seemingly never ending myriad of examples comes to mind.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:20 PM

6,395 posts, read 6,282,580 times
My dad who is schizophrenic once said to me:

"I was in church when I was about 7 and the priest said 'the world is gonna end and nobody knows when.' I think that's when I became schizophrenic."

He used to just walk to church alone as a kid. I'm sure that did NOT "make him schizophrenic" but sometimes I wonder what some religious teachings do to the mind of children. Probably worse than or on par watching horror movies once a week from age 4-10.

Religious delusions are somewhat common in schizophrenics. *If they didn't have this frame of reference, they probably would not have such delusion. Also (and this is just by anecdotal observation so please don't flame me), the more people adhere strictly to a religion, the more militant and paranoid *some* people are. Not to the point of schizophrenia of course, but I see these unhealthy features in many of them.

*(ie, I've never seen a schizophrenic Christian who is having auditory hallucinations of the voice of the Dali Lama.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events