Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 09:51 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Ann View Post
You don't like being called "African American Community" then What would be an appropriate term to use when white people speak of the Black Community?
Is there a "white community"?

If so, who are the "leaders" that tell you what to do and you obey on command?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 09:57 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Well stated! It is really odd how people can simply state a group as if they are all the same and look at whatever issue the same because they have a certain color to them. It is like the US is still as it was 50 years ago. Really odd.

I think the selection of Michael Brown as some rallying point for any protestor is a really poor choice.
I agree and I've come to the conclusion that it wasn't a "racial" thing for Darren Wilson, but more of a "power trip" in how all of this escalated.

That crap "story" he gave was told to him by older whites who knew that certain "code words" of "raging" "crazed" "demonic" black men would strike a chord in "certain" people. Darren Wilson should be charged for abuse of power. He killed Brown for not letting him abuse him. I will ALWAYS believe that.

Old 12-14-2014, 10:21 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,833,505 times
Sounds more like a black Klan meeting than anything.

Old 12-14-2014, 10:37 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Could you add Farrakhan to the list
Yay, put a RACIST in the prosecutor's seat.

Old 12-14-2014, 11:55 AM

31,025 posts, read 22,059,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Yay, put a RACIST in the prosecutor's seat.
Just as well considering Michael Brown supporters made up their minds on day 1. I did the same thing, primarely when I saw the video of Michael Brown robbing the store. I'm not going to side with a Thug who assualts and robs a store minutes before getting shot. A guy that acts like that is capable of anything. That might be acceptable in his community but not mine. Now the guy getting choked and killed is different story. It's on video and the cop was responsible from what I saw.

Old 12-14-2014, 12:07 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,986,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
These people do not speak for all 40 million blacks in this country.

I really hate the term "African American Community" as though we are all one huge group of mindless drones ruled by two or three knuckleheads who declared themselves the "voice" of all of black america.
Not to derail this thread but this^ is why I hate the term "the Hispanic vote". Hispanics are not a monolith that thinks alike and marches in lockstep with La Raza.

Old 12-14-2014, 12:35 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,104 times
Quote:
These people do not speak for all 40 million blacks in this country.

I really hate the term "African American Community" as though we are all one huge group of mindless drones ruled by two or three knuckleheads who declared themselves the "voice" of all of black america.
Who are these "two or three knuckleheads' you're referring to?

Old 12-14-2014, 12:38 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,104 times
Quote:

Yes, there is a white community. The thing about the white community is that it is so large they usually subdivide it into different groups... More so than any other community.

Old 12-14-2014, 12:54 PM

191 posts, read 516,605 times
Quote:
I don't have a "racial" problem. I wasn't raised to hate or distrust whites. The people who have "racial problems" have them, because it's what they've ALWAYS believed and there's no turning back from that for them.

No one is "forcing" you to associate with blacks. If you don't want to live or be friends (which you probably don't have), then you don't have to. Continue to live and believe as you ALWAYS have.

Eventually, you and everyone else who refuses to change your attitudes will be out of power very soon. Let everyone from born from 1975 on "handle this".

We'll be fine.
So what your saying is;
You don't distrust whites, you just want all of the whites born before 1975 to hurry up and drop dead so you 39 year old men and women of color can take over and " handle this" situation. Well can you hurry up because I want to retire and live off my social security checks and you youngsters will be paying for.

Sounds Good to me!

Old 12-14-2014, 01:02 PM

191 posts, read 516,605 times
Quote:

Maybe you are confused. Since you are a black person I thought you could give me insight so I don't offend any black people when I speak of AA community etc.

White people aren't offended if others refer to their community as white community.

Whatever! If it's not important to you then it's not important to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events