Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 08:44 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
Because it's the "African American Community" and the "Inner City" and Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson represent the opinions of ALL "African-Americans" and they are genetically predisposed to be super thug drug pushers with absentee parents that don't discipline their children and any white people that enter their "communities" are automatically robbed and shot and killed you didn't get the memo?

I think the best one I heard recently was that black people "blame whitey." I don't know about you, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone other than an ill-informed white guy attempting to comment on race relations use the word "whitey."

This proves how "dated" many of the posters who say this are or their lack of minority friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 10:46 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,836,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
This proves how "dated" many of the posters who say this are or their lack of minority friends.
Nothing to do with dated, it is clearly a form of condescension.

Last edited by Felix C; 12-15-2014 at 12:05 PM..

Old 12-15-2014, 11:08 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,083,784 times
Quote:
I would never call Ferguson a "black community" when there are other residents there of other nationalities. It's not 100% black. I would call it a majority black "neighborhood" which it is.

The "Ferguson community" seems to have a problem with police officers treating their people like subhumans not the "black community = 40 million blacks".

If there isn't a "white community = 200 million whites" who are responsible for every negative thing one of their own does, then there isn't one for blacks either.
Not "responsible for", but perhaps a willingness to speak out against something negative one of their own does would be a better description. Most whites would never put up with what other whites have done that could be compared to what blacks have done, while many of their own race looks the other way.

Old 12-15-2014, 11:38 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
So, what sort of racist terms are currently popular for use when referring to whites, asians, mexicans etc?

Old 12-15-2014, 11:40 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
I wonder if this faux grand jury had agreed with the real grand jury if the NAACP would have to put them into witness protection from the Brown supporters too?

Old 12-15-2014, 12:11 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,187,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
“What it does is educates and informs our people that two bodies came together, examined the same set of evidence, and were able to come to different conclusions. ..."
Sounds like they had already made their 'conclusion', with their own, upcoming, GJ proceedings being nothing more than a dog and pony show.
h

So very true. The news media will love it.

Old 12-15-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the grand jury was black or at least 8 of them were.
i think what you mean to say is NAACP is working on a kangaroo court to retry the officer.
NAACP werent they the people that said OJ was an innocent victim of prejudice and encouraged people to demonstrate/riot over it????
if NAACP is getting a trial together how bout one for this group, the black squad - in memphis, that just burned jessica chambers alive in panola county ms????

Death should be slow and torturous for these animals.

Some CIA type torture sessions.

Old 12-15-2014, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So, what sort of racist terms are currently popular for use when referring to whites, asians, mexicans etc?
I don't know. Why don't YOU tell ME? I'm sure YOU would know.

I call everyone by their CORRECT cultural names and NOTHING more.

Again, all of those horrible racist names came from people born BEFORE 1975.

Old 12-15-2014, 02:31 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
Because it's the "African American Community" and the "Inner City" and Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson represent the opinions of ALL "African-Americans" and they are genetically predisposed to be super thug drug pushers with absentee parents that don't discipline their children and any white people that enter their "communities" are automatically robbed and shot and killed you didn't get the memo?

I think the best one I heard recently was that black people "blame whitey." I don't know about you, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone other than an ill-informed white guy attempting to comment on race relations use the word "whitey."
Not so
That only happens in St. Louis

But ok per your statement there is only one black man hammer killing burning to death whites and shooting over 7000 black people a year could you do something please to make that one black man stop making the 40 million look bad????????????

Old 12-15-2014, 02:55 PM

687 posts, read 915,456 times
I found a new jury for the sham trial being proposed here.
Clearly a group of Michael Brown's "Peers".

(I wonder how many stores this set of fine young "oppressed" gentlemen have robbed or how many store clerks they've roughed up. They'd surely understand M.B. and the "struggles" he was going through at that time he just really wanted some cigars and didn't feel like paying for them. Totally understandable.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events