Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 08:41 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Meh it's not even real.
No, it's not, but it's sure an example of how news media with an agenda can get people spinning.

Now, back when i was a journalism student, my editor would never have let me say "community leaders" without naming some names (and the only name they listed was a looney from Florida).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 09:11 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I know there are black people on this particular thread, and I want to ask you a very serious question, and it is not meant in any way to be racist or unkind. The question is, why aren't blacks as a whole up in arms and protesting over the many, many young black men, women, and children who are murdered every day in this country, in almost city, by other blacks ?

You keep hearing us whites raise that point, but we have never gotten a good answer.

Because there are 40 MILLION OF US and believe it or not (and you probably won't), we are not a "collective".

We don't all live in the same types of neighborhoods, have the same LIFE EXPERIENCES, educational or career aspirations.

Would you believe (and I know you probably won't) that where I live in NYC, black men aren't dying at the hands of other black men?? Would you also believe that in MANY black neighborhoods this isn't happening??

You really need to pose this question for black people in those particular cities or towns where all these thousands of black men in impoverished areas are dying at the hands of other black men.

I'm sorry, but the black young men in MY family and those of MY friends aren't dying by the other hands of "other blacks".

See what I mean about the 40 million blacks in this country not being a "collective"?

Quote:
Just locally, a 5 year old boy was shot and killed recently, and the two men who have been arrested are black. I didn't see Sharpton or Jackson show up here,

YOu know what?

Here's what I'll do for you. I'll put out a psychic SOS to the other 39 MILLION BLACKS to post here and answer your question on why this happened. Maybe they can get Sharpton or the other two black "leaders" to DO something about it. Mmmmkay?

Old 12-15-2014, 09:13 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
No, it's not, but it's sure an example of how news media with an agenda can get people spinning.

Now, back when i was a journalism student, my editor would never have let me say "community leaders" without naming some names (and the only name they listed was a looney from Florida).

Exactly. Community leaders are those people of that PARTICULAR community not an ENTIRE RACE OF PEOPLE.

Old 12-15-2014, 09:26 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Marilyn220, thank you for the response. I wasn't trying to lump every black into the same group, I am VERY aware that there are some great, honest, hardworking, classy black people in this world. (I voted for one twice ) So, judging by the description of your own life and neighborhood, I would imagine you fit into that category. That is wonderful. Then let me ask further , how does a person, like you, feel about the situation I mentioned in my post...........where black on black crime is a very big problem, and no one seems to be doing anything meaningful about it ? It is only when a white person is involved that black people are outraged.

Don

Old 12-15-2014, 09:45 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,896 times
Quote:
Marilyn220, thank you for the response. I wasn't trying to lump every black into the same group, I am VERY aware that there are some great, honest, hardworking, classy black people in this world. (I voted for one twice ) So, judging by the description of your own life and neighborhood, I would imagine you fit into that category. That is wonderful. Then let me ask further , how does a person, like you, feel about the situation I mentioned in my post...........where black on black crime is a very big problem, and no one seems to be doing anything meaningful about it ? It is only when a white person is involved that black people are outraged.

Don
Has it you crossed your mind that it is only when a white person is involved that the media decides to "cover" black outrage? I know plenty of black people that are outraged when a life is lost due to black on black crime. I remember even watching a video about this a year or so ago, where a mother(a black one) spoke about it. You believe that because you don't hear black people denouncing black on black crimes, that it isn't happening, but it is. I have friends that live in a particular bad part of Chicago, and I know their perspective on the issues that happen within their city. My ex, has been invited to so many funerals over the last year(he too is from Chicago) that he doesn't even go to them anymore because he can't take it. I can go on and on, but the reality is that within these communities there is awareness that the violence is a problem, and people are angry. But will that make for a compelling media story? And are there other various factors at play? You bet. Just because you don't hear it, or see it with your own two eyes, doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of blacks denouncing these behaviors.

Old 12-15-2014, 09:52 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
People OF ALL RACES born from 1975 on do NOT have the same hang ups that everyone born before this time
Oy vey.

Quote:
I swear the silliness that gets posted here is ASTOUNDING. lol
Agreed. Just look at the 1st sentence up there.

Old 12-15-2014, 09:54 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,318 times
Quote:
Because there are 40 MILLION OF US and believe it or not (and you probably won't), we are not a "collective".

We don't all live in the same types of neighborhoods, have the same LIFE EXPERIENCES, educational or career aspirations.

Would you believe (and I know you probably won't) that where I live in NYC, black men aren't dying at the hands of other black men?? Would you also believe that in MANY black neighborhoods this isn't happening??

You really need to pose this question for black people in those particular cities or towns where all these thousands of black men in impoverished areas are dying at the hands of other black men.

I'm sorry, but the black young men in MY family and those of MY friends aren't dying by the other hands of "other blacks".

See what I mean about the 40 million blacks in this country not being a "collective"?

YOu know what?

Here's what I'll do for you. I'll put out a psychic SOS to the other 39 MILLION BLACKS to post here and answer your question on why this happened. Maybe they can get Sharpton or the other two black "leaders" to DO something about it. Mmmmkay?
Lmaoo ya see what I was saying? That man crush is real.

Old 12-15-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:

Don
I guess the 83% of murders of Whites committed by other Whites is a minuscule problem, eh?

But, but, but blacks are only a tiny... Yeah yeah yeah that rhetoric is getting old.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:50 PM

& To answer your question don1945 & the other CIty Data bigots...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJIby7dxd1o

Old 12-16-2014, 05:51 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
& To answer your question don1945 & the other CIty Data bigots...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJIby7dxd1o

If a person who asks questions and wants to learn is a "bigot", in your opinion, then there are a lot of bigots on this forum.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events