Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 01:24 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Ann View Post
So what your saying is;
You don't distrust whites, you just want all of the whites born before 1975 to hurry up and drop dead so you 39 year old men and women of color can take over and " handle this" situation. Well can you hurry up because I want to retire and live off my social security checks and you youngsters will be paying for.

Sounds Good to me!
Why do you people do this?

If I meant to say blacks or "people of color", I would have said so.

People OF ALL RACES born from 1975 on do NOT have the same hang ups that everyone born before this time or who grew up during JIM CROW do.

We judge people as INDIVIDUALS not as an entire GROUP.

I don't consider all white men sick psycho cannibalistic killers just because they dominate that genre. Understand???

I swear the silliness that gets posted here is ASTOUNDING. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Maybe you are confused. Since you are a black person I thought you could give me insight so I don't offend any black people when I speak of AA community etc.

White people aren't offended if others refer to their community as white community.

Whatever! If it's not important to you then it's not important to me.
I've never heard or read whites referring to the "white community" like they do to minority groups in this country.

Old 12-14-2014, 01:30 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I've never heard or read whites referring to the "white community" like they do to minority groups in this country.
If this is in reference to the article (the point of this thread), they seem to be self described community leaders. People wear that like a title. I see it as cultural and do not think anything of it. No need for people to get sensitive about it.

Old 12-14-2014, 01:35 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,389,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
African-American community leaders are planning on convening a black grand jury to examine the evidence in the Michael Brown shooting.

"Regardless of the decision made by this grand jury, it will have no legal bearing on the case."

African-American grand jury to examine evidence in the Michael Brown shooting | FOX2now.com
i think thats a great idea, let get them a total black police force, no, I'm not being sarcasit, i mean if its almost a totally black city, let them have it, black mayor, black doctors, black school, teachers, everything.

no serious, i feel small towns do better with their own kind, their own close knit family . let them have, black business, black stores,

and sit back and see how successsful they get. I think they will do great, oh and a black judge too

Old 12-14-2014, 01:38 PM

191 posts, read 516,655 times
Quote:
Why do you people do this?

If I meant to say blacks or "people of color", I would have said so.

People OF ALL RACES born from 1975 on do NOT have the same hang ups that everyone born before this time or who grew up during JIM CROW do.

We judge people as INDIVIDUALS not as an entire GROUP.

I don't consider all white men sick psycho cannibalistic killers just because they dominate that genre. Understand???

I swear the silliness that gets posted here is ASTOUNDING. lol
It might sound silly but honestly this is all I see on TV.
This is all I hear out of black people's mouths recently. For the last 20 years I have raised my children to never judge a person by what they look like. People are individuals, etc.
But now we have all gone backwards 30 years. It's the black people sounding more racist then their same age white friends and co workers. I grew up feeling it was only white people who were capable of being racist. But that was never true. Black people of today are more prejudice then their white counter parts. And it has erased a lot of the progress we have made. It had gotten so much better for so long, but since travon Martin we have reversed course.

Old 12-14-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Yes, there is a white community. The thing about the white community is that it is so large they usually subdivide it into different groups... More so than any other community.
Well, there are "subdivisions" among the 40 million blacks in here too.

There are:

Black americans = descended from slaves who are NOT all on the same levels socially, politically, economically, educationally, culinary, religion, etc.

Africans = straight from the motherland from different countries who again (just like Black Americans) are NOT united politically, economically, etc.

Caribbeans = from various countries who do not all share the same belief systems as well.

Blacks from miscellaneous countries - Britain, France, Holland, Switzerland, etc. = citizens of these countries who are of EUROPEAN mindsets and have NOTHING in common with the above groups.

The "white community" and their "subdivisions" need to EDUCATE themselves on the minorities living around them and stop lumping everyone all in one bag.

Old 12-14-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
It might sound silly but honestly this is all I see on TV.
This is all I hear out of black people's mouths recently. For the last 20 years I have raised my children to never judge a person by what they look like. People are individuals, etc.
But now we have all gone backwards 30 years.
I will agree with you 100% here.

I've been saying this for the past few years that there seems to be a "shift" to send not just this country but the entire world back to turn of the century america when there were no unions, no middle class, no equal rights, etc.

Ferguson, Garner, Trayvon, attacking the poor by trying to wipe out welfare and foodstamps, etc., are all just smoke screens to mask something deeper.

That's another topic, but it's beyond race and what we're seeing here.

And no, I'm not a conspiracy theorist. It's happening right in front of our eyes.

Old 12-14-2014, 01:45 PM

191 posts, read 516,655 times
Quote:
Yup, I've heard it from Several groups such as Persian, Arab, Hispanic, Asian, Filipino and even Hasdic Jews!
And no, I it didn't bother me in the least, because It Was True! They were speaking about a community where the majority of residents were Caucasian.

Maybe you have never lived in New York City? Maybe that's why.

Old 12-14-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Yup, I've heard it from Several groups such as Persian, Arab, Hispanic, Asian, Filipino and even Hasdic Jews!
And no, I it didn't bother me in the least, because It Was True! They were speaking about a community where the majority of residents were Caucasian.

Maybe you have never lived in New York City? Maybe that's why.
Born and raised.

Old 12-14-2014, 02:28 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Why don't we hear about white on white crime like this one?

Eric Williams Defense Gets One More Day for Witnesses | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

He ruthlessly killed Michael "Mike" McClelland, 63, the the Prosecutor of Kaufmann County and his wife Cynthia, 65, but also the assistant prosecutor, Mark Hasse. Hasse was ruthlessly gunned in the street in January, 2013, while walking home. The McClellands were callously shot down like dogs in their home in March of the same year.
It's been all over the news for the last 2-3 years. Where have you been ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events