Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 01:33 AM

421 posts, read 411,265 times

Advertisements

I couldn't find a link for this story, but was just reported on KATU Portland; Judge just ruled that 51 year old man did not commit crime when he took a photo of 12 year old girl at Oregon Target store.

WHAT??????????????? What has happened to society that would put up with this? Where is the common sense that would stop this invasive, disgusting crime? It's not a crime says Supreme Court. So it's just a man taking a picture. No more, no less.

No felony crime against video voyeurism in OR | Local & Regional | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon

This is actually another case, but it was this news channel that I saw the story.

Sometimes I think computers do too much. Man has let computers do so much of their thinking,
he has lost his ability to think. Computers do not have common sense. "Use it or lose it".
Generations to come are going to wonder what the hey was up with a society that says it's OK to stick a camera up a little girl's dress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 02:11 AM

1,588 posts, read 2,532,400 times
Actually, he was a wise elder man of 61 years. You know the generation that is so much better than the current one.

Either that or this is the 40 yo perv in Albany with the 24 yo girl.

Up until a few years ago man-horse relations were a totally legal thing in Oregon, and Washington. Oregonians are very anti common sense, wishy-washy, and obtuse. Most Oregonians would wear tin foil hats but they are too lazy to make them.

Remember this is the state that allowed a group of sex offenders to attend a Ducks game where one escaped and violently raped a woman in a parking lot.

I could go on about the idiocy of my beloved state, but I won't. I actually wasn't surprised. I'm surprised grandpa pervy didn't sue Target and get money out of the deal. After all 13 year old girls in skirt do frequent Target it could be argued that Target is at fault here.....It can't... but in Oregon it probably could. I mean if someone can sue Safeway and win 200k over cuting themselves on a knife that was 'carelessly left out' on top of a stockers cart it quite obvious this state lacks common sense.

Old 02-07-2015, 03:16 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,076,437 times
Here's a link: Taking photos up girl's skirt at Beaverton Target: Appalling, but not a crime, judge rules | OregonLive.com .

Sounds like the judge was incredibly frustrated too.

Old 02-07-2015, 05:16 AM

Thanks for the link. you would think a girl/woman should be able to expect privacy up her skirt.

Old 02-07-2015, 05:38 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,717,779 times
Well, at least the creeper's name and picture was released so the court of public opinion knows who to find guilty.

Old 02-07-2015, 06:07 AM

Maybe this is something the "people" need to take care. While I am not a huge fan of vidulanteism (not sure if that is a word), like for instance if a person sees someone sticking their cell phone up a woman's skirt, kick the hand with cell phone so hard that the the phone flies some distance before it is smashed to smitherines! Hopefully his aching hand and broken phone might give him an idea what he was doing is a no-no. Something needs done now.

Old 02-07-2015, 06:07 AM

21,882 posts, read 25,154,836 times
Seems like a defect in the law. I'd agree, women have a reasonable expectation not to have someone stick a camera between their legs. That's a little different than past cases that have come up here like the DC sleaze who was taking panty shots of women sitting on the National Monument among others. Basically, plainview doctrine. The defect in the law is the requirement of nudity.

Old 02-07-2015, 08:40 AM

24,498 posts, read 17,239,538 times
This is pretty gross and perverted. It's not like some kids were doing it to other kids just to be funny.
This PERV was doing it for a sexual gratification. He needs a beating and we will photograph that.

Old 02-07-2015, 08:47 AM

983 posts, read 995,605 times
Here's what to do about this, since the law is obviously flawed.
Take a cell phone picture of the perv doing the upskirt photo and post it far and wide all over social media.

Social media can do some good, maybe that's what it takes.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:46 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Target needs more staff, so they can check the changing rooms regularly. Why wasn't a middle-aged man heading into the women's changing area spotted by staff and stopped?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events