Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 02:14 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
And possibly executed the kid.

I researched the whole case. Court docs and all. Zero witnesses backed up Wilson's account.
Hey, after investigating for months, Holder's DOJ couldn't get probable cause to indict Wilson. Will you and The Movement be heading down to the WH or Holder's house with your 'No Vengeance, No Peace' signs ? How about a Citizen's Court to investigate racism in the DOJ for not indicting Wilson [or Zimmerman] ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 04:53 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Hey, after investigating for months, Holder's DOJ couldn't get probable cause to indict Wilson. Will you and The Movement be heading down to the WH or Holder's house with your 'No Vengeance, No Peace' signs ? How about a Citizen's Court to investigate racism in the DOJ for not indicting Wilson [or Zimmerman] ?
You haven't seen me protest yet and don't want to. Trust me on that.

As for The Movement...

I do what I please. What are you Dem or Repub? You want me to start with your party 1st?

You wanna tell me which witness backs up Wilson's account? Do you also need to be refreshed on many of the countless racist and down right sadistic stories coming out of the Ferguson PD? The same one that possibly could be disbanded.

I'll say things were effective.

Old 03-05-2015, 05:00 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
So "Hands UP Don't Shoot" was just one big lie and a pile of nonsense.

They could do themselves a lot of good if they follow "Pants Up, Don't Loot". Mike Brown would be alive today if he had taken that to heart. Of course this requires some personal responsibility so it's not going to happen.

Ferguson will be another Detroit trash pile in 10 years and bankrupt too.

Old 03-05-2015, 05:11 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
I guarantee none of you posters can tell me which witnesses disputed the Hands Up, Don't Shoot claim.

If you give me numbers I'll break down their testimony.

Also, none of you can give me a witness that backs up Wilson's account. Again, give me a number, and I'll break down the witness.

The case was FAR from cut and dry. The issue was that there were so many different stories. Partly caused by McCullough's handling of the case.

Old 03-05-2015, 05:31 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
Saw this on the news this morning. News program said federal oversight is probably in the works for Ferguson. Claims department is racially bias. Here is an online article....

Justice Department finds racial bias in Ferguson police practices | Reuters
From what I've seen and read about Ferguson PD, there is defiantly a problem in that police department. Hopefully when it's shut down, the officers aren't rehired in that city.

Old 03-05-2015, 05:40 PM

5,521 posts, read 8,773,454 times
So sad here to see that so many posters don't get that two things can happen at the same time and BOTH be true:

A) There isn't enough to indict Wilson on any federal charges
B) The Ferguson police department is and has been a horribly racist and corrupt institution.

Reading the stuff about the department makes it pretty clear why no one black in Ferguson ever trusted the cops or believed Wilson's story or even (wrongly) lied to convict him. The department's targeting of black citizens for excessive fines to keep the city running, the racist e-mails, the way authorities would make white citizens' parking tickets 'disappear', the FACT that black drivers were more likely to be stopped but less likely to have any contraband found, and on and on...

Endless snide remarks and racist jokes won't change those FACTS. Ferguson Mo.'s police needs to be disbanded, buried in the ground, and covered with salt, so nothing can spring forth from its remains. Any decent person -- white, black, or otherwise --would consider that department an absolute disgrace and understand that its long-term treatment of black Ferguson citizens was a prime reason no one believed Wilson was innocent and everyone hated the cops in the demonstrations that followed Brown's death.

If Ferguson's PD comes under federal supervision it won't be a moment too soon. If there was justice for Wilson, let there also be justice for black citizens of Ferguson, 'cause right now there clearly is none.

"I do not favor lowering the standard of justice offered Officer Wilson. I favor raising the standard of justice offered to the rest of us."
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...rguson/386893/

Old 03-05-2015, 10:09 PM

468 posts, read 583,287 times
"Fast and Furious" Eric Holder DOJ is no justice, for any one. They lack credibility and the confidence of the people.
Holder should be in jail, but apparently politicians are "Too big to Jail."

Old 03-05-2015, 10:20 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times
Quote:
I guarantee none of you posters can tell me which witnesses disputed the Hands Up, Don't Shoot claim. If you give me numbers I'll break down their testimony. Also, none of you can give me a witness that backs up Wilson's account. Again, give me a number, and I'll break down the witness. The case was FAR from cut and dry. The issue was that there were so many different stories. Partly caused by McCullough's handling of the case.
The case was clear cut and dry before it ever started. Brown was a Criminal, plain and simple, that had just committed a Felony Robbery. Justice was served. The sad part was that they didn't shoot the Looters during the protests. They should have shot then on sight like rats.

Ferguson will become a Garbage Dump, as decent people move out and leave it to the dregs who did the protesting and looting. I really like how they claimed to be a "tight" knit community supporting each other, as the looted the stores of their own neighbors. Hilarious.

Wilson did not even need a defense. All people had to do was look at who or what was supporting Brown, and that spoke volumes. He should have got a commendation.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post

long-term treatment of black Ferguson citizens was a prime reason no one believed Wilson was innocent and everyone hated the cops in the demonstrations that followed Brown's death.

Yep, so in response, they looted their own neighbors stores as a sign of protest against the Police? Makes sense to me....NOT. They should have shot ALL looters on sight.

Maybe the Cops had no respect for a lot of these people because they did not deserve respect and they knew what kind of people they where dealing with. If you watched the whole thing on TV all I saw out of these "good" people was, lying, violence, confrontation, looting, and burning. These good people looted and stole from their own neighbors. They don't deserve to be treated with respect.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:55 PM

Quote:
You haven't seen me protest yet and don't want to. Trust me on that.

I like watching all protesters.

I am all for protesters. Makes good TV, especially when they get stupid and confront the Police. Especially when you get one who is feeling his oats and decides he can take the Cop on and then gets the crap beat out of him. You can't fix stupid, you can just watch and wish you could ask them how that worked out for them.

They should also give them more Jail time for things like blocking traffic, for instance. Maybe a Mandatory 30days for a first offense, and 6 months for a second offense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events