Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2015, 07:36 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,476,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
mostly because everyone under age 40 loves burritos but outside of TX and CA you can't get one that doesn't suck anywhere besides chipotle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Me either !!!
I think it is about on par with Taco Bell..
Yeah, I always drive right by those places and only think that it's a "mexican" place for non-mexican people to get mexican that that's not really mexican. How the exist in Tx I have no idea when you can get a ten times tastier and healthier taco at Fiesta for a buck fifty.

Old 03-13-2015, 01:02 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,476,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
Anyway its spun, they probably should lose the solar menu. They were losing more money on it then it was doing them good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
That's not true and they never had a solar menu.
DOLLAR MENU.
My smartphone keyboard thought I started from the 's' instead of the 'd', so solar got mixed in by accident.

They should probably lose the dollar menu. They were losing more money on it then it was doing them good.

Old 03-13-2015, 01:06 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,476,539 times
[quote=Lowexpectations;38793297]You are making excuses or making things up entirely and at mcdonalds you too can choose your health or should I say unhealthy level. A quarter pounder with cheese, small fries and a diet coke come in at 740 cal[quote=Lowexpectations;38793297]
So you're saying using processed ingredients, and those that only chemists would know of have negligible negative health effects, as you seem to infer so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
I can split my chipotle meal into two as well but I don't. Again if you want to pay 50% more for your aledged healthier food that's fine but overpriced and unhealth are overused slights against mcd
A chicken burrito is $6.4 to $8.1 depending on where you buy it. I don't buy soda. I just do water. It's free. A burger and fries at McD costs $4 to $7 depending on where you buy it. Yeah, 50% is about right. But if I can make it work, I'd rather pay for better ingredients for sure.

Old 03-13-2015, 01:13 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times
I eat at McDonald's more now than ever and it isn't because of the healthy stuff. This time of year I go there often to get a Shamrock Shake, and I stop often for breakfast items. Still get a burger once in a while.

I do not opt for "healthy" foods at places like this. I tried salads at a couple of other fast-food burger chains for a while and decided I didn't like them.

Old 03-13-2015, 05:14 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,250,684 times
A lot of labor- and nutrition-based politics over the past 10 years (starting with the Supersize Me documentary) really hurt their brand goodwill. And personally, other than their fries, I can't think of a single item on their menu that another chain doesn't make better. McDonald's to most people isn't just unhealthy fast food-- it's low-quality, high-priced, unhealthy fast food. They really need to fix their image, and reinvent their menu. If they think today's society longs for tradition, and will mourn the loss of the arches and the clown mascot, they're really out of touch.

Old 03-13-2015, 06:17 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
I didn't go in my first McDonald's till I was going on 30 years old. They didn't open in England till the mid 70s, and the first one opened in my town in the 80s. The only burger I had ever eaten was in a place called a 'Wimpy' bar. You sat in there, and the burger was brought to you like any other eatery. I had only ever eaten a few, it wasn't really a big deal in England.

When McDonald's came to town, they really pushed the boat out advertising wise. We got the guy in the clown suit, and lots of razzmatazz. They did cheap birthday party deals for parents to bring their children to. My young son was invited to one, and my wife dragged me along to watch. The kid's loved it. There was music, a cake, and Ronald did his shtick...... I watched, and realized what was going on. Get 'em young........ I found it all sort of unnerving somehow. My wife said, "oh David...... it's just a bit of fun......."

I didn't liked the food, but I was in a minority, lots of folks did, and do. McDonald's are in every town here now. Along with Burger King and the rest. There is plenty of competition, but McDonald's seems to still be doing well here in England. I see it as overpriced, poor quality food, but I am in a minority here I guess. They got 'em young 30 years ago, and those now grown up kids take their children to McDonalds.

Old 03-13-2015, 06:27 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
[quote=ackmondual;38799005][quote=Lowexpectations;38793297]You are making excuses or making things up entirely and at mcdonalds you too can choose your health or should I say unhealthy level. A quarter pounder with cheese, small fries and a diet coke come in at 740 cal
Quote:
So you're saying using processed ingredients, and those that only chemists would know of have negligible negative health effects, as you seem to infer so?

A chicken burrito is $6.4 to $8.1 depending on where you buy it. I don't buy soda. I just do water. It's free. A burger and fries at McD costs $4 to $7 depending on where you buy it. Yeah, 50% is about right. But if I can make it work, I'd rather pay for better ingredients for sure.

The negative health effects are possible with eating at both places, however if you do not frequent either place there really should be no ill-effects to your health

Can you post a link to the 4.00 chipotle burrito? They are 6.50 here at the cheapest and fwiw the tortilla is 300 calories alone. And if you order water at chipotle you could do so at Mcdonalds and order the sand which and fries for 4-5 ish

Old 03-13-2015, 08:35 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,476,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
DOLLAR MENU.
My smartphone keyboard thought I started from the 's' instead of the 'd', so solar got mixed in by accident.

They should probably lose the dollar menu. They were losing more money on it then it was doing them good.
Solar Menu? I like that.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:20 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
You are making excuses or making things up entirely and at mcdonalds you too can choose your health or should I say unhealthy level. A quarter pounder with cheese, small fries and a diet coke come in at 740 cal

I can split my chipotle meal into two as well but I don't. Again if you want to pay 50% more for your aledged healthier food that's fine but overpriced and unhealth are overused slights against mcd
How I am making excuses when McD does not openly define what ingredients they use in their products.

Wholesome foods > processed foods.

Majority of McD uses are overly processed and genetically modified ingredients. This is a health risk regardless of what the caloric count.

I can eat 1000 calories of Chipotle rice and beans and it's better than 1000 calories of McD beef because my body knows it's real food and can properly digest it and get rid of excess. McD has so many GMO fillers the body doesn't know what to do and it stays in the body. Some of the stuff has carcinogens that can damage cells.

The bottomline is everyone votes with their wallets. McD has to start using honest ingredients or face the wrath of their investors for not keeping up with the trend.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:22 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺B☺s View Post
Solar Menu? I like that.
I was wondering about that solar menu and when it was coming to my town ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events