Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 08:58 AM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Glad I live in a state that requires background checks. Where one lives IS relevant.
You do know that background checks (NICS) are required in all states when purchasing a firearm from a licensed dealer, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 09:46 AM

2,136 posts, read 2,311,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Almost one in 10 Americans has a history of impulsive and angry behavior and ready access to guns, new research indicates.

The serious mental health issues that would legally prevent someone from purchasing a gun -- such as involuntary commitment to a psychiatric ward for schizophrenia or bipolar disorder -- only account for about 4 percent of U.S. gun violence, noted study author Jeffrey Swanson.

Almost 1 in 10 Americans has anger issues and access to guns, study finds - CBS News
Just think about how many more with anger issues have access to, cars, baseball bats, knives, bomb making materials, poisons, etc...

One more irresponsible attack against the Second Amendment.

Division and fear mongering, the way of those who would take away our rights in the interest of protecting us from ourselves.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:00 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,913,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You do know that background checks (NICS) are required in all states when purchasing a firearm from a licensed dealer, right?
This is the best we have, but I fully acknowledge it is far from foolproof, but it's ALL we have. To go any further with investigations, 2nd Amendment Rights are trampled. The individuals I was aware or with anger issues held them very close. The could have easily obtained a doctor's cert saying they were qualified for the 2nd Coming. People with hidden anger issues are the 1 in 10, similar to the neighbor you are incredulous to find out is wife beater or a closet addict. They work very hard to hide their issue, whatever they may be. (But I bet their family knows). We just have to hope a small portion are the ones purchasing guns.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:13 AM

26,721 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I should have said a waiting period.
Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

Old 04-11-2015, 11:16 AM

1,942 posts, read 4,569,502 times
Quote:
Almost one in 10 Americans has a history of impulsive and angry behavior and ready access to guns, new research indicates.
They are called Policemen.

Old 04-11-2015, 01:51 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,534,507 times
Quote:

The serious mental health issues that would legally
I wonder if the ratio is even higher on CD?

Old 04-11-2015, 02:05 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
OP"Almost one in 10 Americans has a history of impulsive and angry behavior and ready access to guns."

You called:officer slager sc - Bing

Old 04-11-2015, 02:20 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
I wouldn't be surprised if it's higher. The political divisiveness has been intensified like at no time in history because of social media. Racial divisions are more visible. The violence and ugliness of society more readily available. ISIS beheadings, political gridlock, racial issues, continuing atrocities around the world, Middle Eastern conflict, Walmart violence, police shootings, constant attacks on our President simply for chewing gum. It can all be so enraging.

I don't ever think about getting a gun, but I often times have to disengage from all the ridiculous stuff I read and see on the internet.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:26 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,821,115 times
Lol horsefeathers.

They "get angry and break things" means, to the gun grabbers, that they're going to turn those guns on others. I'm guessing that plenty of women have hurled a heavy object or two at their husbands without grabbing one of those knives that everyone has in the kitchen.

These ongoing attempts to concoct yet another barrier to gun possession couldn't be more transparent.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:31 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,821,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Glad I live in a state that requires background checks. Where one lives IS relevant.

How one obtains a gun is even more relevant. I'm thinking those car trunk transactions are "exempt."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events