U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: do you trust dr. oz?
yes 29 12.72%
no 157 68.86%
not sure 24 10.53%
who the heck is dr. oz? 18 7.89%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-25-2015, 11:06 PM
 
17,472 posts, read 14,960,366 times
Reputation: 33217

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
Yes there is something wrong with that when you're hiding behind an MD and pushing out unproven nonsense.
I agree he may have exaggerated some claims, but it's not like he has told people they can lose 50 pounds without eating healthy and exercising, just take a supplement instead...he always says you have to change how you eat and how much you move, too. He is really not as bad as some here seem to think IMO. If you are thinking of the pop up ads that say "Dr. Oz says Green Tea burns Fat!!!!" those are actually scam/spam ads, not actual Dr. Oz ads.

It's no different than the show The Doctors, IMO. It's TV, it's supposed to be entertaining as well as informative, and they're all going to try to make things sound more dramatic to make you tune in, ala "A new device that takes 10 years off, watch Dr. Oz today!" but even the news does that...."Before you eat that hot dog, better tune into News 40 tonight at 11!!!" that's just TV, and there are many more hands in the stew than Dr. Oz and a certain degree of doing what is asked of you by your bosses. Which again is what the doctors who wrote that letter were doing, again JMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-26-2015, 08:07 AM
 
Location: Planet Earth
2,768 posts, read 2,324,513 times
Reputation: 4957
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
The problem with Dr. Oz is he says one thing one week and something totally different another. A popular weekly women's magazine always seems to have a diet recommended by Dr. Oz. One week he recommends certain foods and supplements, the next week his diet says to avoid them. I stopped paying attention to his "quick fixes" and snake oil remedies, but he does have some valid basic medical knowledge that is helpful.

I just can't stand watching his show because the women in the audience act like complete fools, like he is some kind of rock star/god. I get embarrassed just watching them.
This. I lost interest in his stupidity when the raspberry ketone b.s surfaced. Also, his stupid show on women and their bellies. Like he would have middle aged men dress in speedos and cry about their bellies. Stupid ****.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2015, 12:15 PM
 
8,592 posts, read 6,706,314 times
Reputation: 12914
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I agree he may have exaggerated some claims, but it's not like he has told people they can lose 50 pounds without eating healthy and exercising, just take a supplement instead...he always says you have to change how you eat and how much you move, too. He is really not as bad as some here seem to think IMO. If you are thinking of the pop up ads that say "Dr. Oz says Green Tea burns Fat!!!!" those are actually scam/spam ads, not actual Dr. Oz ads.

It's no different than the show The Doctors, IMO. It's TV, it's supposed to be entertaining as well as informative, and they're all going to try to make things sound more dramatic to make you tune in, ala "A new device that takes 10 years off, watch Dr. Oz today!" but even the news does that...."Before you eat that hot dog, better tune into News 40 tonight at 11!!!" that's just TV, and there are many more hands in the stew than Dr. Oz and a certain degree of doing what is asked of you by your bosses. Which again is what the doctors who wrote that letter were doing, again JMO.
The green tea ads aren't his, but he DID say on his show that green tea helps lose weight.

I quit watching the news because of the stupid lead-ins you illustrated. I lose respect for the people and organizations who do that. Which is exactly why I've lost respect for Oz. I can't trust him to give good advice on things outside of his specialty, because he has to keep his audience in order to keep his show, and he gives stupid, unreliable information in order to do that. He sold out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2015, 06:41 PM
 
17,472 posts, read 14,960,366 times
Reputation: 33217
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
The green tea ads aren't his, but he DID say on his show that green tea helps lose weight.

I quit watching the news because of the stupid lead-ins you illustrated. I lose respect for the people and organizations who do that. Which is exactly why I've lost respect for Oz. I can't trust him to give good advice on things outside of his specialty, because he has to keep his audience in order to keep his show, and he gives stupid, unreliable information in order to do that. He sold out!
I've seen this on many other shows, too, including the Today show nutritionist Joy Bauer, whom I also trust. It actually does help burn fat, but not to any extent that will help you lose weight without dieting.

My main point was those pop ups that come on the side of your computer that say they are from Dr Oz, or Obama or whatever, are spam and not actually from those people or endorsed by those people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2015, 10:22 PM
 
Location: Brawndo-Thirst-Mutilator-Nation
15,332 posts, read 15,328,850 times
Reputation: 11068
He is NOT offering medical advice on his show.....he is letting people hear different POV on medical issues and alternative medicine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2015, 11:22 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
21,602 posts, read 26,281,486 times
Reputation: 26669
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
He is NOT offering medical advice on his show.....he is letting people hear different POV on medical issues and alternative medicine.
He should not be giving unproven garbage air time. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2015, 02:02 PM
 
1,077 posts, read 652,888 times
Reputation: 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
He is NOT offering medical advice on his show.....he is letting people hear different POV on medical issues and alternative medicine.

Exactly.

He puts it out there it's up to the individual to do their own research.

I use green tea and along with diet and it does help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2015, 02:09 PM
 
144 posts, read 147,439 times
Reputation: 157
NEWS FLASH: Traditional medical doctors don't know jack about nutrition. Are any of you aware of why cancer is so prevalent? Oh wait....., you didn't realize that in 1900 cancer was an anomaly?

www.thetruthaboutcancer.com

Invest in this website and it may save your life or a loved one's life. While this may not be directly related to Dr. Oz, he is being crucified by the same people who get paid millions by the traditional pharmaceutical companies. These companies do not want to have a cure for cancer, Alzheimer's, diabetes, etc.

While I don't want his show, I am aware of his critics and they are all following the money trail back to the pharmaceutical companies.

Don't take my word for it, research it for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2015, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Planet Earth
2,768 posts, read 2,324,513 times
Reputation: 4957
The minute I see the word "detox" I think "scam". We detox because we have a liver!! We don't "detox" because of vinegar, juice, algae, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2015, 03:03 PM
 
144 posts, read 147,439 times
Reputation: 157
Tell me how former cancer patients are now cancer free without radiation and chemotherapy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
The minute I see the word "detox" I think "scam". We detox because we have a liver!! We don't "detox" because of vinegar, juice, algae, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top