Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 08:42 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times

Advertisements

Diana as a first name would have been crass, especially if the child was given the middle name Elizabeth. Notice the placement of Diana after Elizabeth in the sequence. That's an important nod to the Queen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 08:43 AM

1,077 posts, read 872,006 times
Blessings to Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana

Old 05-04-2015, 09:16 AM

1,385 posts, read 1,523,554 times
Well, one of the numerous nicknames for Charlotte is Char-Char, so who knows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
They should name the princess something super trendy and very "now" like Giselle or CoCo.... or even after like a designer handbag like "Prada"... I also like the name "Justice" for the princess.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:48 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,309,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
FYI. In about 2 hours I'm going to drop off a case of canned Tuna at the LDS food bank. They're having a clothing and food drive for the quake victims. My daughter has some childrens jackets and jump suits that the grandson has grown out of all washed and ready to go. He'll be with us. She wants to teach him about giving to others.

I can't do much else but I'm not going to waste time following the wall to wall garbage about the new princess.

There are more important things going on in the world. Just sayin'.

Your wasting your time complaining about it...... Get off your soap box.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:53 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Great, just want the world needs, another useless princess.

She's Princess Diana's granddaughter.

For all of you party poopers about the royal birth, let me fill you in a little bit about how some of us feel about the baby's grandmother, Princess Diana. Those of us who were young women when she first came into the picture...we were taken with her. Here was a young girl (yes, younger than me), who wasn't glamorous (not yet anyway), who worked in a nursery school, who dressed like we did, who was so perfectly ordinary. Yet she was engaged to the Prince of Wales and would someday be the Queen of England (not to be, sadly). That ordinary, sweet, unsophisticated young girl was just like us. I don't condone some of the things she did, but she most certainly didn't deserve the hand she was dealt or the way Charles and Cruella (I mean Camilla) treated her.

To many of us, Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana and her brother Prince George are very, very special.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:08 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Charlotte Elizabeth Diana

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
... maybe Charlotte Elizabeth Diana? Though I'm not sure they would honor both the Queen and Diana in the same name, given their general dislike for one another. I'm betting one or the other will be honored ... if so, it will be interesting to see which way they go. Or maybe they pick neither to avoid this sort of consternation. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Naming the child after a reigning monarch? I'll believe it when I see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
As a second or third name, sure, but I don't think they'll choose it as her first name. But I could be wrong. We'll see!
Quote:
Originally Posted by calculator View Post
I heard the new baby might be named Katherine and have Diana's middle name (I forget what that was) as part of her name. I also heard it's likely the child will not have Diana in her name. Thanks to that poster for posting that picture of the baby. It's pretty lucky that they now have a girl after having a boy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
I'd heard previously that William and Kate may name a daughter after Diana; however, if they do, it seems as though it should be the middle name. I don't think their daughter should have so many people constantly thinking of her grandmother every time they hear her name. She needs her own identity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
Unfortunately, even Diana as a middle name would open the door to the media for comparisons with her grandmother or even using it in place of given name (or coming up with a nickname).
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItoBH View Post
As much as William loves his beloved mother, I can't imagine he would want to burden his baby daughter with the first name of Diana. If anything, perhaps Di's middle name 'Frances' would also be a part of his daughter's name. That would be a lovely way to honor his mother.
Fun to see how the predictions turned out!

Hope you had a wee wager on your choice, Apex!

Old 05-04-2015, 10:13 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Hope you had a wee wager on your choice, Apex!
I forgot that I said that! Wow! Maybe I should go get a lottery ticket too!

Old 05-04-2015, 10:21 AM

14,944 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclover View Post

ROFL, you have to admit it's original. Think she had a sibling named "Roadwrecka"?

Old 05-04-2015, 01:36 PM

4,992 posts, read 5,287,862 times
I just looked up Carole Middleton's name. It is 'Elizabeth' and Pippa's is "Charlotte'. The royal family gets credit, but it appears those names represent both sides of the family.

Old 05-04-2015, 01:49 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,050,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
She's Princess Diana's granddaughter.

For all of you party poopers about the royal birth, let me fill you in a little bit about how some of us feel about the baby's grandmother, Princess Diana. Those of us who were young women when she first came into the picture...we were taken with her. Here was a young girl (yes, younger than me), who wasn't glamorous (not yet anyway), who worked in a nursery school, who dressed like we did, who was so perfectly ordinary. Yet she was engaged to the Prince of Wales and would someday be the Queen of England (not to be, sadly). That ordinary, sweet, unsophisticated young girl was just like us. I don't condone some of the things she did, but she most certainly didn't deserve the hand she was dealt or the way Charles and Cruella (I mean Camilla) treated her.

To many of us, Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana and her brother Prince George are very, very special.
This!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events