Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 02:44 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,344,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Having DHS interview a child for no reason could be seen as a pretty bad experience for a lot of parents. Imagine them attempting to live some sort of wholesome lifestyle and some random whacko calls DHS telling them the father fondled his 6 yr old - DHS then shows up, pulls the kid out of the house and asked them questions like "has mom or dad touched your private parts"? That's probably not something most parents want their child to have in their memory box. Granted, things like this are part of being a celeb, but I can still see how some parents may be apprehensive.
All parents/families are going to be on edge. DHS closes a case when their done, and done is by their defination. It concerns the welfare of the child, and if they find some other thing which could be a factor they can ask about that. There is a microscope over life. I've seen this with friends. Parents who aren't apprehensive are pretty innocent. But just the same the thing which guarentees that they assume there is something to find is denying access. I can see why the Duggers would have hesitated, but it would have been better to cooperate.

And if they find something has occured, the victums get real counseling and help, even a juvinel offender. Women who've been molested and it made a secret tend to carry that sense of something wrong into adulthood and it damages their view of themself. Young offenders may well go on and try again if they don't have that time to deal with it when they are young. Denying them this is doing a harm to the kids for it will hang on and come back to haunt them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 05:39 PM

20,140 posts, read 16,270,199 times
I sure do wish anything concerning the minor children in this family, as I would wish with any other family, quit being publicly broadcast. DHS/CPS investigations are supposed to be about the wellbeing of those children, there is no justification in advertising that they are being done.
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events