Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2015, 11:20 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,198,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
I think it's actually worse for the European countries.

At least the food in the US tastes amazing. Anybody ever traveled through Europe? Most countries have dreadful food. Even countries that are marketed as having good food (like Italy) don't hold a candle to the US in that regard.
I guess you are more of a fast food type of person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 11:24 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,198,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Anecdotal evidence.
Even police officers in the US are obese. I have never seen that in Europe.

Old 06-21-2015, 11:52 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,910,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Well the stereotype in the USA is that our cops eat a lot of donuts.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:58 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Got to google images. Type in fat police UK (or any country) you will get plenty of pictures of fat police.

Old 06-22-2015, 03:53 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,127,508 times
When I go home to San Diego I always think wow, their are lot´s of really fit People here, on the otherhand I think wow there are a lot of really overweight people here too. It seems there are more extremes.

Plenty of overweight People here in Germany but far less to the extreme in comparison to the USA.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:51 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,929,800 times
Obesity in USA is pretty much do to our suburban sprawl car oriented culture. In Europe, most live in urban areas and either walk or walk public transport to places. The most exercise the average American gets is the short walk out to the car for the daily commute. From my experience people living in urban areas seem a lot more fitter than those living in suburban or rural areas. Where I live, in the Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania which is basically a bedroom commuter hub for NYC, NJ, and Philadelphia. Lots of obesity here.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:59 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,973,982 times
Thats because most Europeans are gigantic hypocrites. I love BBC's Top Gear, and watch it religiously, and Jeremy Clarkson is the first to make fun of America's obesity problem. But while he's poking fun at our weight, I look in the background and see the crowd is chock full of rollie-pollie's right there in the good ol UK.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:08 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,438,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Thats because most Europeans are gigantic hypocrites. I love BBC's Top Gear, and watch it religiously, and Jeremy Clarkson is the first to make fun of America's obesity problem. But while he's poking fun at our weight, I look in the background and see the crowd is chock full of rollie-pollie's right there in the good ol UK.
You are correct. You will see overweight people here. No one is denying that........ what we're saying is America has very many mega rollie-pollies.......... come on, have a sense of humour about this........... They're pretty chubby in Arizona huh?

Old 06-22-2015, 09:21 AM

70 posts, read 67,353 times
Because you're fat

I shouldn't laugh but fat people amuse me.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:43 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,533,893 times
What most amazes me are the number of really FAT kids and young people. Just back from Florida and could not get over the little kids waddling around on the beach and the 20 something women weighing well over 200 pounds in short shorts and tight tee shirts showing off their gut. Young folks today are not ashamed of being fat, they flaunt it. But then as others have said, so many families raise their kids on fast food as opposed to home cooked meals. I'm always amazed at the number of young adults who have no idea how to cook a meal. My experience in Europe is limited to Italy and Portugal. I recall seeing very few overweight people there, even the older folks, 70s and up were in pretty decent physical condition. But they seem to care for about qualtity of life and staying physically active than Americans, in my opinion. As far as European food verses American, I'll choose Italy any day - fresh ingredients, grass fed beef, it's all good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events