Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 12:24 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Here's another one for ya Waldo. Do you think it's a large enough poll at 353,000 people. You think it's all hype? LOL.........
Well that only means you have made up something in your mind and then google up websites to support it. Anybody can do that. This is why I don't bother with battles of web links.

Quite different than that of real experience or facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 12:37 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,427,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Well that only means you have made up something in your mind and then google up websites to support it. Anybody can do that. This is why I don't bother with battles of web links.

Quite different than that of real experience or facts.
OK Waldo. I know from other threads you like to argue. I'm not biting sorry....... As you say, all Europeans are hypocrites and smoke like chimneys. All Americans are slim, and if they're not they must be illegal immigrants or optical illusions. You win........... LOL.

Real experiences and facts tell you different than what your own eyes show you. By the way, are you on the chubby side? Just asking...........

Old 06-19-2015, 12:40 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,590,485 times
Ive noticed quite a few fat people on British TV shows, especially the ones that like to eat "take away".

Old 06-19-2015, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Ive noticed quite a few fat people on British TV shows, especially the ones that like to eat "take away".
Can't beat fish and chips take away. I'm thinking of going to the chippy right now........ fish, chips and mushy peas. Mmmmmm m!!.......

The thing is with telly shows, is that British shows tend to have 'real' looking people. American shows are full of gods and goddesses...........

I tell ya, there are some real ugly folks in our soap operas....... the bread knife (wife) is watching 'EastEnders' right now. Some of the boat races (faces) are just 'orrible.......... Plus we like fighting........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_3I5aKE7kQ

Old 06-19-2015, 02:11 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,272,562 times
Interesting because most studies I find show 40-56% of American adults as being Obese..

Old 06-19-2015, 02:29 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,531,051 times
I assure you nowhere in Europe is nearly as obese as America. I was there in the mid 2000s. Germans would see the military members and say well Americans aren't that fat. The tourist season would start up of military guys would go out with their wives and they would say oh, never mind.

Old 06-19-2015, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
I assure you nowhere in Europe is nearly as obese as America. I was there in the mid 2000s. Germans would see the military members and say well Americans aren't that fat. The tourist season would start up of military guys would go out with their wives and they would say oh, never mind.
Nothing wrong with a well upholstered woman. Most have a wedding ring on their finger........

Old 06-19-2015, 03:38 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,201,954 times
The WHO definition of obesity is anything but scientific, for starters - far from it. Want to see less fat people, go to Canada, Scandinavia. France and the Baltic States. The US is still "King of Fat People" hands down. And, it smells like it.

Last edited by TwinbrookNine; 06-19-2015 at 04:06 PM..

Old 06-19-2015, 08:24 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,875,165 times
Quote:
This included the young ones which I found quite shocking.
This is something I found quite appalling as well. I'm an American and I started tutoring at a junior high in a poor Hispanic neighborhood and was shocked at how many of them were more than just a little overweight. It just wasn't like that when I was growing up.

Quote:
As you say, all Europeans are hypocrites and smoke like chimneys.
I cant speak for other areas of Europe but Ireland.....sheeesh!!!! I visited my sister while she lived in Dublin and I've never seen people that smoke and drink so much. It was really really bad.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:03 PM

6 posts, read 8,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Undead View Post

Europeans who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Thank you! I'm so sick of that crapola about "French Women Don't Get Fat." ANYONE can get fat regardless of their nationality or country of origin. Euros love to bash America, but they sure love our pop culture and exports, don't they? Plus many of 'em try to move here for school, jobs even if they have to do it illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events