Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2015, 02:58 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,101,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
I think paying thousands of dollars to hunt (well they usually aren't exactly hunts) an apex predator is ridiculous. Baited hunts (and canned hunts) are unethical. Letting an animal anguish for almost 2 days before you finally kill it and then beheading it, skinning it, and letting the corpse rot is very wrong. This guy comes across as an entitled jerk with too much money and confidence issues. I won't speculate beyond that.
And ED....need to hunt an apex predator to help resolve inadequacy issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 03:01 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,101,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
He hunted a Southern White Rhino, I believe. It's the Northern White that is protected now. I had to check because articles were only saying white rhino and I was baffled. I agree with you about trophy hunting. Ugh. When I was looking up the status of the rhino the first pages that showed up on my google list were companies advertising this sort of hunting. Very depressing.
All rhinos should be protected, given the tremendous pressure from the illegal poaching of their horns due to the market demand for grounded rhino powder that supposedly cure impotence in old sickly Chinese men....

Old 07-29-2015, 04:21 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,316,817 times
This is nothing but animal terrorism...
Such a shame. Where is the fun in killing and beheading animals?

Old 07-29-2015, 04:34 AM

167 posts, read 167,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Dont really see the cause for hyperventilation so many are having. It was a legal hunt. The country authorized the hunt. The people benefit from trophy hunting. The meat is almost certainly consumed (assumption).

Does deer hunting offend you all this much?
you don't read much do you? It is NOT a legal hunt. The country is pissed at this guy. The head and carcass were taken, the meat just left on the ground.
If you bait a field, wait in a stand and shoot a deer and only take the head so you can stuff it. Yes, I would view it the same.
But as i type this, what do you do differently, other than eat the meat. You stalk an area to find signs of activity, deduce that since there's food they like and a water source this must be a good place to "hunt". Then you get all decked out in camo so he can't see you and smear odor masking products so he can't smell you, probably smear doe **** on yourself so you can lure him in with, what he thinks is, a booty call. Then, with a high powered scope that gives you better eyes than him and kill him while he's on the way to get a snack or some booty. That is not hunting....it's stalking and ambushing, the animal doesn't stand a chance. Why can't you do all that **** with a camera?

Old 07-29-2015, 05:48 AM

3,804 posts, read 6,169,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
The lion was lured from a National Park which from the one article I read is illegal. There will be a net loss of income for the locals and many people came and paid to see this particalur lion the article in the UK says he was worth millions to the local economy alive. The body was left in place after the head and skin were removed. The five or six lion cubs will now be killed by which ever male lion takes over the pride. The lion suffered for 40 hours. The government there claims it was illegal. What is positive about this story?
The government there is also run by a guy who has declared he'd be proud to be called the black Hitler.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:56 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
The government there is also run by a guy who has declared he'd be proud to be called the black Hitler.
I doubt Cecil voted for him.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:56 AM

8,885 posts, read 5,365,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
More is coming out. They lured the animal out of the protective park. They POSSIBLY tried to get rid of the collar the animal was wearing. They beheaded it, stripped him of his hide and left the remains to rot.
You mentioned the collar the lion was wearing when the mighty hunter killed it. I believe his statement was he had no idea it was wearing a collar until after he'd killed it. So how come he didn't report the incident to authorities, as opposed to waddling his way out of Dodge?

Old 07-29-2015, 06:27 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
Sounds like the game guides need to be held responsible. He paid for a service and had an expectation that it was something they routinely do and fully legal.

Old 07-29-2015, 06:51 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Sounds like the game guides need to be held responsible. He paid for a service and had an expectation that it was something they routinely do and fully legal.
Conversation with the guides went like this...

Palmer: We been out here for a week and I haven't gotten close to a chance with a Lion.

Guides: Sorry Sir, Lion is cunning animal, we must be patient.

Palmer: Listen, I paid 50k for this trip, and if I don't bag a Lion, when I get back to the States I'm telling all the rich white international hunters that your tours suck and you don't deliver the goods. You bushhacks will have to go back to farming.

Guides: Understood Sir. We get Lion tonight.

Old 07-29-2015, 06:56 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,221,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
^^^This link speaks volumes about him. He spends over $50,000 and has a team help him to
(or should I say lure) hunt a lion, shoot it with an arrow, follow it, finally kill it with a bullet, dismember
the beloved male and take some pics. Plus he has killed other endangered species as well (rhino and
leopard). A camera would have sufficed but the tooth doctor needed to prove what a big man he
is where really he is nothing more than a coward and a dork.
Now he is hiding from the angry public and most likely very concerned about his practice and/or$$$$.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events