Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 10:36 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,576,740 times

Advertisements

Not sure what happened prior to the officer/s extracting the man from his car, but I'll say one thing. If you act like a disrespectful fool for a minor traffic stop, then you will get treated like a disrespectful fool. I myself have been stopped numerous times and this is how it usually goes...

I'm asked to pull over which I do. I roll down all my windows and shut off my vehicle. When the officer/s approach I nod my head and say "how are u officer". They usually respond with "I'm doing well. Do you know why I pulled you over?" I always respond "no officer". He or she will then proceed to tell me what traffic law I broke and ask me for my license/registration/insurance card which I hand over with no problems. They'll go back to their vehicle and come back within 5 minutes with either a ticket and explanation of it, or let me off with a warning. Off I go to live another day. Mind you I'm not a white male but instead a hispanic minority. Some people just go off on a tirade once pulled over despite the fact that they may have indeed been pulled over for a traffic law that they broke. I dont curse the cop out, try to flee, tell him to go F off, refuse to give him my name, etc....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 10:36 AM

1,850 posts, read 1,138,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
Maybe the officer asked for license and regis and the driver said F**k off?

Maybe the officer instructed the driver to get out of the car and he said no?
Wouldn't bet against it. Right, wrong or whatever, a cop tells you to do something, DO IT!

Old 07-30-2015, 10:55 AM

698 posts, read 587,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
"please get out of the car"....the driver looks at you and says "no"

"if you dont get out of the car, i will remove you from the car"

does the officer have to say "pretty please with sugar on top"
Why not just write the man a parking ticket and move on? Why was it necessary to remove him from the car? Being rude to a cop is not a crime.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:15 AM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
Why not just write the man a parking ticket and move on? Why was it necessary to remove him from the car? Being rude to a cop is not a crime.
He could have had a warrant, displayed a weapon or drugs on seat, or maybe was just plain ol being defiant and a donkey.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:25 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
What anti-cop movement are you talking about??????????????? Are people going around harming/killing cops???? Don't think so. The most people are doing is speaking out against police brutality.

Just because some people here seem to be obsessed with "bad cops" doesn't mean the general public is out to get your precious cops.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:31 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
I think a cop should only use force when they're being attacked, really. If someone is running off at the mouth, you don't have to bash their head in. :\
I agree.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:37 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,116,249 times
Quote:
Neither you nor I know what happened before the guy was removed, because the video is edited to cut out what transpired beforehand. We are just guessing at this point . . .

Mick

Old 07-30-2015, 11:49 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Neither you nor I know what happened before the guy was removed, because the video is edited to cut out what transpired beforehand. We are just guessing at this point . . .

Mick
Mhhm, I agree with your previous post. The woman was shouting "he can't breathe" meanwhile he was acting like a fool and refused to get in the car at the end. This is nothing like the Eric Garner incident, or any other incident where they used too much force.

The crowd gathering around the cops shouting at them didn't help either.

Old 07-30-2015, 12:11 PM

48 posts, read 71,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I'm tired of the cop bashing. Let's get back to cracking skulls with nightsticks! the end result will be the same, but the complainants will have valid complaints.
I don't really bash cops, but it makes me mad all the stuff they do to people. You turn on the news everyday and hear about a cop who raped a woman, assaulted/murdered somebody for racial reasons, violated a persons civil right, etc. This alone is enough to **** me off, but then I come to find out the grand jury refused to charge them! As the old saying goes: "A grand jury will indict a turkey sandwich ... but never a police officer."

Old 07-30-2015, 12:21 PM

1,069 posts, read 712,595 times
Quote:
maybe the cop ran the plate and there was an issue with the insurance....maybe the cop suspected the driver was under the influence....can we go on with the dozens of different possibilities. I think your response could be the crux of the issue....why do you feel the need to debate it? If a police officer asks you to do something, DO IT!!!! is it your contention the the officer walked up to the car, didnt say a word and just pulled the guy from the car? is that what you are really going ot assume?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events