Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 10:47 PM

6,590 posts, read 6,766,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
This moron got his 9 minutes- 7 seconds of internet fame, which is 8 minutes more than he deserved. His parents might want to reconsider the amount of money they're pouring into his education.
Yup.....and most likely never to be heard from again, we hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2015, 05:12 AM

4,073 posts, read 2,156,777 times
Excellent article on why this isn't funny (lots of college students just standing around laughing and taking photographs while the cafeteria manager was being assaulted, the entitlement complex of a white college male):

UConn students mac and cheese attack not funny - Hartford Courant

Old 10-10-2015, 05:38 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,141,659 times
Clearly, a very dumb kid. If you are from Long Island, NY, you don't attend state schools in MA and CT. What is the point of going to a state school if you have to pay out-of-state tuition (unless it's like UVA, UNC Chapel Hill, UC Berkley, William & Mary, SUNY Binghamton, etc.).

I think his inevitably getting into a minimum wage food service career will teach him a lesson about civility, humility and soberness.

Mick

Old 10-10-2015, 06:08 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,341,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
Excellent article on why this isn't funny (lots of college students just standing around laughing and taking photographs while the cafeteria manager was being assaulted, the entitlement complex of a white college male):

UConn students mac and cheese attack not funny - Hartford Courant
Honestly in today's lawsuit happy world, I wouldn't intervene. The manager has the right to defend himself when the student gets physical, a bystander does not and could be charged with assault and/or sued by the kid.

Old 10-10-2015, 06:18 AM

36,753 posts, read 14,870,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
Honestly in today's lawsuit happy world, I wouldn't intervene. The manager has the right to defend himself when the student gets physical, a bystander does not and could be charged with assault and/or sued by the kid.

Better to stand around, gawk, film, and engage in "The Three Ts": talk, titillation, and tee-hee.

Thankfully, everyone doesn't think it's okay to stand around while a fellow human being is being assaulted, and would have no problem restraining the boob.

Yup. As the 9/11 hijackers said, Just stay in your seats [and be good little Americans].

Give me a break.

Old 10-10-2015, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Better to stand around, gawk, film, and engage in "The Three Ts": talk, titillation, and tee-hee.

Thankfully, everyone doesn't think it's okay to stand around while a fellow human being is being assaulted, and would have no problem restraining the boob.

Yup. As the 9/11 hijackers said, Just stay in your seats [and be good little Americans].

Give me a break.
I'm not saying doing nothing is okay and I'm definitely not saying I agree with laughing and getting amusement from this.

I'm just pointing out that, unforunfortunately, our society has reached a point where being a good smaraitan could actually backfire and land that smaraitan in legal trouble. Not all states have good samaritan laws/protection.

Old 10-10-2015, 07:07 AM

37,806 posts, read 41,094,709 times
If he's only a freshman and his family lives on Long Island, how is it that he went to high school in Vermont? I was curious as to how a kid from Long Island does competitive skiing until I saw he went to HS in Vermont.

Old 10-10-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If he's only a freshman and his family lives on Long Island, how is it that he went to high school in Vermont? I was curious as to how a kid from Long Island does competitive skiing until I saw he went to HS in Vermont.
He's a Sophomore, he did part of a year at UMass but got expelled and transfered to Uconn, set to be a member of their ski team.

He went to The Killington Mountain School in Killington, Vermont. It's a specialized boarding school for elite skiers and snowboarders. Tuition is $40,000 - $50,00.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:10 AM

4,073 posts, read 2,156,777 times
Here is his apology. Not sure if it is really heartfelt or if his attorney advised this:

Drunk UConn Mac And Cheese Student Issues Apology

In a way, not taking much responsibility...more like the alcohol made him do it. Not addressing the gay slurs, the class insults against someone who works in food service, or the fact that he got expelled from his last school for similar issues (except with police officers).

Obviously if he can attend a private high school for $40,000+ a year, he feels entitled to do whatever he wants. And he may think of himself as a future rock star with a great career in snowboarding.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:17 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,773,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Long Island spoiled brat lol!!! I grew up with thousands of entitled snobby brats!!!!
Takes one to know one lol lol

Be fair -- there are so many kids on LI, this boy is hardly representative of many of the children raised by either blue collar parents or families with decent values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events