Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 10:27 AM

16,559 posts, read 10,635,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
This family has sooooo played Obama and our country.
Obama is easy to play, because he has the naive view that mankind is basically good (except for white Christians, of course) and so he can't imagine that anyone might have impure motives about anything. Indeed, our nation's adversaries play him routinely. (How many "red lines" do the world's dictators cross routinely, without any consequence from our man-child president?) The only ones who can't seem to pull it off are the supposed "opposition party" in Congress.

And yes, Ahmed and his family played the U.S. like a fiddle. It's what way too many Muslims do, either as dry runs or just for kicks. They know that we are so wrapped up in political correctness that we can't bring ourselves to admit that some people are fundamentally incompatible with life in a Western democracy, and simply should not be here. I'm glad that his family is self-deporting. I wish a whole lot more of his co-religionists would follow their example and move away too. Good riddance, clockboy; and don't come whining to us when you find out that life in the Middle East is not all rainbows and unicorns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 10:43 AM

1,664 posts, read 3,957,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
Did we need immigrants who came here and built little Birminghams, New Berlins and Athenses? Just curious...
Yes, we did and they make America great as they assimilate! They follow our laws and rules. They do not want foreign sharia law or some such drivel from their home countries. If it is so great why not stay where they originated? Do not come to the U.S. and try to change to the place you are escaping from. It makes no sense.

Old 10-23-2015, 10:55 AM

1,261 posts, read 951,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post
Yes, we did and they make America great as they assimilate! They follow our laws and rules. They do not want foreign sharia law or some such drivel from their home countries. If it is so great why not stay where they originated? Do not come to the U.S. and try to change to the place you are escaping from. It makes no sense.
It took a long time for our relatives to assimilate. Mine came here over a century ago in response to ads in their home countries telling them they could make a life here and didn't need to give up their language or culture. It took three generations before they spoke English as a first language and thought of themselves as more American than immigrant. Let's give up this charade of thinking that European immigrants assimilated better. It simply isn't supported by the facts.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:12 AM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
It took a long time for our relatives to assimilate. Mine came here over a century ago in response to ads in their home countries telling them they could make a life here and didn't need to give up their language or culture. It took three generations before they spoke English as a first language and thought of themselves as more American than immigrant. Let's give up this charade of thinking that European immigrants assimilated better. It simply isn't supported by the facts.
Mine came to the US over 70 years ago and fully assimilated within a couple of years. My mother did not know a bit of English when she arrived but they were both so grateful for the opportunity to leave their oppressive government they set down roots immediately. It was rare to hear them speak their native language in our home.

It is much easier for legal immigrants to assimilate now with the resources available. What is missing in so many cases is desire. No amount of govrnment aid thrown at people can change their hearts.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Mine came to the US over 70 years ago and fully assimilated within a couple of years. My mother did not know a bit of English when she arrived but they were both so grateful for the opportunity to leave their oppressive government they set down roots immediately. It was rare to hear them speak their native language in our home.

It is much easier for legal immigrants to assimilate now with the resources available. What is missing in so many cases is desire. No amount of govrnment aid thrown at people can change their hearts.
Of course it all depends on the community your family happened to move to and how many others of their kind were there. But we wouldn't have places like Little Italy or Chinatown or Greektown or Little Odessa had it not taken many, many of our ancestors much longer to assimilate than it took your family, and I personally think we'd be the poorer for it.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:01 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Quote:
I am not talking about the past at all.. I am talking about now. Our methods are different, but we are still an Imperialist nation. We wouldn't have been in the Middle East to begin with were we not.

Doubt the language difference all you want - your doubt doesn't mean you know the truth. They will be understood, because Arabs learn Classical Arabic in school and it is used as a unifying language, but the Arabic people speak every day at home? It is different.

How do explain the fact that the father ran for president twice against Al-Bashir if they are so tight?
Actually what I said was that they WOULD be understood in Qatar even though they're from Sudan. It doesn't matter what people speak at home; you are admitting yourself that the language is unifying.

Ran against him but flew from Texas to Sudan to meet with him and take photos. Take a look at our own politicians. It's common to run against someone and then still remain friendly.

Give me a break. You cannot compare the United States in 2015 to what the Arabs are doing to Africa. To do so is to be an apologist for genocide, mass rape, and forced religious conversion. Just read Escape From Slavery by Francis Bok, a Sudanese man, or Slave: My True Story by Sudanese woman Mende Nazer, or the writings of Ayaan Hirsi Ali. You have no idea what you're talking about. Get back to me when the US has invaded Mexico, killed the men, taken the juvenile girls as brides and forced them to become English-speaking Protestants, taken ownership of all natural resources and amenities, and made it legal to for an American to kill a Mexican, import them here as slaves, and chop off their tongues and limbs for disobeying. THAT is what the Arab Muslims have wrought.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
Well, you sure don't sound too happy.

I am not a bigoted racist and you should apologize for calling me one; I am at the opposite end of the spectrum. Exactly what is it that gives you that false impression?

I challenged the other poster, and I challenge you to point out EXACTLY what it is in my posts that gives you the impression of racism. You don't seem to be able to do that. You are just like the other muslim shills; you call others racist, but you never point out what is racist.
I didn't say racist, I said bigot. Let's do it as a Jeff Foxworthy bit, just for fun:
- If you judge all Muslims based on an apparently Muslim cab driver who was rude to you in Switzerland one time, you might be a bigot.
- If you claim that immigration has created no-go zones in European cities even after this theory has been debunked, you might be a bigot.
- If you express the hope that prosecutors in Germany will "go after the Muslims" once they run out of Nazis, you might be a bigot.
- If you find yourself saying "Islam is not even a religion, it is a cult of terror," you most definitely need to reflect on whether you really can call yourself the furthest thing from a bigot.

I could go on. The posts in question can all be viewed easily from your posting history and that's not even to mention your post on how the Muslims ruined Christmas in the US. I will say one thing; you've got the Fox News talking points down pat.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Actually what I said was that they WOULD be understood in Qatar even though they're from Sudan. It doesn't matter what people speak at home; you are admitting yourself that the language is unifying.

Ran against him but flew from Texas to Sudan to meet with him and take photos. Take a look at our own politicians. It's common to run against someone and then still remain friendly.

Give me a break. You cannot compare the United States in 2015 to what the Arabs are doing to Africa. To do so is to be an apologist for genocide, mass rape, and forced religious conversion. Just read Escape From Slavery by Francis Bok, a Sudanese man, or Slave: My True Story by Sudanese woman Mende Nazer, or the writings of Ayaan Hirsi Ali. You have no idea what you're talking about. Get back to me when the US has invaded Mexico, killed the men, taken the juvenile girls as brides and forced them to become English-speaking Protestants, taken ownership of all natural resources and amenities, and made it legal to for an American to kill a Mexican, import them here as slaves, and chop off their tongues and limbs for disobeying. THAT is what the Arab Muslims have wrought.
Do you understand the difference between classical and spoken Arabic? I'm thinking from your response that you do not.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:17 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
I didn't say racist, I said bigot. Let's do it as a Jeff Foxworthy bit, just for fun:
Let me play!

If you Honor Kill your 2 teen daughters in Irving TX, you might be a Muslim radical.
If you set off Bombs at Marathon events, you might be a Muslim Radical.
If you fly planes into towers and kill 3000 people, you might be a Muslim Radical.
If you chop off the heads of people, you might be a Muslim Radical.

Two girls murdered in Texas taxi: Were they honor killings? | Reuters

Quote:
The chilling emergency call opens the documentary "The Price of Honor", which recounts the lives of two vivacious American teenagers growing up in the Dallas suburb of Irving, Texas, and their attempts to escape the grip of an Egyptian father who planned Muslim marriages.

Their deaths were honor killings, said Ruth Trotter, using a phrase little heard in the United States for a hidden horror of murder by a close relative to protect the family name, but rarely recognized by public safety officials.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:24 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Great, Im sure he can put his clock making skills to work over there........

"We are going to move to a place where my kids can study and learn, and all of them being accepted by that country," Ahmed's father, Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed, told The Dallas Morning News before boarding an airplane from Washington back home to Texas on Tuesday.

Texas teen arrested for homemade clock to move to Qatar

Great!! Take some more with you, Mohamad. Adios.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events