Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 09:34 AM

50,720 posts, read 36,424,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
You geniuses need to decide whether the President Obama of your lurid and insane fantasies is a Muslim fifth-columnist, or someone who cares not one iota about the poor Muslims children.

By the way, who is trying to accommodate the refugees, including children, who are desperate to flee Syria (hint: Obama!) and who is calling those refugees future-if-not-present terrorists? (Republicans!)

Oh, and as for the children of Syria - they've been suffering under Assad rule for the last 45 years, and you never gave a rat's rump about their fate until you decided that they might be a useful way to bash Obama.

If you think American boots need to be on the ground to protect Syrians (Hello? Bueller? What's the purpose of the American military?) then you're probably one of the geniuses who thought invading Iraq was a great idea (because you believed that there really were 'vast stockpiles of WMD', that Saddam Hussein was involved in the 9/11 attacks, and that they would 'greet us as liberators', and that regime change would lead to a flowering of Middle Eastern democracy, right?).

Tell you what, start by calling your Congressman and Senators and demanding that they vote to accept refugees, including these children (unless your representatives are one of those Democrats - not Republicans - who actually supports taking in these refugee children, because they don't need to be urged to do the right thing). Then there will at least be a reason to start taking you seriously.
Can't rep you again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 09:55 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,642,888 times
Get with it, OP!

According to the right-wing, those children are nothing more than collateral damage! All's fair in love and war, as the saying goes.

Right-wingers are calling for carpet bombing entire countries up to and including 'just' dropping a nuke on them. I wonder how many children (and babies!) would be killed in that kind of action?

ISIS is doing exactly what the right would do themselves, if they could. Yet they have the nerve to pretend to care about those very same children, via posts and linking to videos.

Just 'fess up and admit, right-wingers, none of you give a fart in the wind for these kids.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:03 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
"Official" soldiers or not, executing prisoners without due process of law is a violation of both law and decency. This reduces ISIS and the rest to the status of international criminals for some of us and vermin for many. This behavior completely justifies the West's use of Assassination by remote controlled drones for the criminals and complete extermination for the vermin.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:31 AM

3,773 posts, read 5,322,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Get with it, OP!

According to the right-wing, those children are nothing more than collateral damage! All's fair in love and war, as the saying goes.

Right-wingers are calling for carpet bombing entire countries up to and including 'just' dropping a nuke on them. I wonder how many children (and babies!) would be killed in that kind of action?

ISIS is doing exactly what the right would do themselves, if they could. Yet they have the nerve to pretend to care about those very same children, via posts and linking to videos.

Just 'fess up and admit, right-wingers, none of you give a fart in the wind for these kids.
Wow, aren't you full of hate! Why don't you tell us what you REALLY think?

Old 11-22-2015, 10:33 AM

25,557 posts, read 17,263,106 times
I have been to war, and have seen many people shot.
I didn't see anyone in that video whom I believed was being shot. Military munitions make a real mess when they hit someone. Basically, you blow apart.

I'd like to hear some theories about why a video like this may have been produced. What do they think it will do?

Old 11-22-2015, 10:50 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,484,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

Actually I do not care about these women and children. I care about American women and children and I think it is important to show how Islam treats women and children as part of its worship.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:08 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,642,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Wow, aren't you full of hate! Why don't you tell us what you REALLY think?
Ha, I don't have a hateful bone in my body.

I will, however, express my opinion on any number of topics. Sorry if that stings.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:19 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
I someone wishes to live peacefully near me and conduct honest business I do not care about their religion, class, creed or color. If they threaten violence or steals from or cheats me or my friends I will want them out of the neighborhood or in cases like ISIS or Boca Haram utterly destroyed. We do not need to declare open season on all of Islam but only on these vermin.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:36 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,564,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Yay, more whining. And of course what's going on in Syria is somehow Obama's fault because, why not? I guess he's responsible for literally everything that happens in the world.
Yes. The CIA has been training and arming rebels in Syria for nearly four years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...35e_story.html

The number of refugees ranges from 4 to 6 million. The number killed in the war ranges from 300 to 500 thousand.

When the coalition governments and the press reference a red line for overt US military intervention, it means there's a tacit agreement on the part of the US and the other governments that the US will be there to provide support to the war if it falters. In other words, they are acting at the behest of the US government. Without the implied support, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey, UAE, and other governments would not provide the financing, the logistical supply, and the recruitment of mercenaries for the war.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:46 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,789,085 times
I think we should stop trying to be the world's police and take care of our own here. While I think this slaughter is abhorrent, it is not our place to solve the world's problems. If we were to intervene with every injustice sooner or later we would be at war with nearly everyone. Why can't we be more like the Canadians? They mind their own business and so should we. Internal problems are for the people involved to sort it out, not us. I don't believe a single young American souldier should lose their life protecting a foreigner in another country. It just adds to the senseless loss of life, which will never end. We are a barbaric species, and until the world evolves to an upper plane the cycle will continue. Heck we need troops in the Chi town to control the murders that occur nearly every day. Let's fix that problem here instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events