Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 05:58 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,980,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Oh, I get it now! The Republicans want to play catch-up!
How does every human rights issue in this world of ours come down to politics? Why can't we rally together and stop using the murder of 200 young men and children as a stump to shout at the other side with? Is there truly nothing that we can agree upon these days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 08:48 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,263,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
We were at war with the countries of Germany and Japan in the 1940s.

Please tell me, what country or countries we are at war with today?

EDIT: I asked another poster this same question but have yet to receive an answer.
Actually, if you ask me I say stay out of it. Sunnis, Shiites, ISIS, Assad, Russians, Al-Qaeda, Iranians are all killing each other. What’s not to like. Trump has said as much. I would get arms and ammo to ALL of them to make sure they won’t run out.

Old 11-22-2015, 08:59 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,378,548 times
Default ISIS is in trouble

Usually in times of great conflict, the entire country rallies around the President of the United States. It doesn't happen today as Congress is intent on doing all it can to make the President FAIL. Were the President to have his way, there would be no ISIS. For now, he is doing all he can do without Congressional approval, and I applaud him for not being quick to put our young men and women in harm's way. It's easy for some to urge that we send troops there if you have never been impacted by losing a loved one to war, or lived with a person suffering from PTSD because of their involvement in war. Even the ISIS fighters must take hallucinatory drugs to commit these horrible acts, as this behavior is not natural for human beings.

Putin, without such restrictions as our President, is unleashing pure hell on ISIS militarily as I type this. He allegedly plans to use 150,000 troops to smoke out and kill these cowardly barbarians. He uses chemical weapons, such as Phosphorus, and may even go to the nuclear option if necessary. Such brutality is best carried out by Russia, who is desperately trying to regain favor in the eyes of the international community to ease sanctions.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:52 AM

11,651 posts, read 12,945,840 times
I noticed that they were all males.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:39 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,183,744 times
Why all the hullabaloo and snarling? Look Black Friday is almost here, let's keep the country's priorities straight and do the storming where it will be the most fun.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:59 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,829,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious
Yay, more whining. And of course what's going on in Syria is somehow Obama's fault because, why not? I guess he's responsible for literally everything that happens in the world.
WELL IN A WAY HE IS!!!

The united states has been a BANE on the world for years!!!

Forcing thier views all over the place,kiiling more innocence than any other country has,etc..

Old 11-23-2015, 06:14 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Lightbulb Put a stop to all this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
I don't know if we will ever get the balls to get over there and put a stop to all of this, but I feel that if I can keep these stories in the spotlight, hopefully we can finally do something about these Jihadists.

This crime took place in 2014, but the video seems to have surfaced this month:

THIS VIDEO LINK SHOWS 200 CHILDREN AND YOUNG MEN BOUND, ON THEIR KNEES AND BEING SHOT REPEATEDLY BY AN ARMY OF ISIS FIGHTERS, please do not click on the link if you have a weak stomach.

Isis Executes 200 young Assad regime soldiers

If anyone has Obama's email address, could you make sure he gets a copy of this? Not that he'd likely care.

The United States is kept too sanitized as to what's going on in the rest of the world.

When's the last time you, as an American, heard anything about what's happening in Liberia right now? My guess it's never, or not in a very long time.

If America really paid attention to the horrors happening elsewhere in the world, we would be forced to act to help these folks.

No one, not the USA, NATO, Russia, or anyone else, will ever put a stop to the middle east behaving like psychotic hyenas. It's what they've done since prehistoric times and they seem to thrive on mindless violence and slaughter.

Now, we have 4.3 million Syrians leaving their country. Many of them are military age young men avoiding service.

Think about that. If there was a similar crisis here in America, would millions of young men cut and run or stay and fight?

If Syrians don't care enough to fight for Syria, it's sure as hell not our job to fight for Syria.

Let it bleed.

Old 11-23-2015, 06:19 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,748,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
Damn it.

Why are attacks necessary on conservatives when we're not the ones slicing people up? The whole ISIS deal does not have an easy solution by design. Cowards ambush, kidnap and slaughter innocents, then use the survivors as human shields. The Islamic State barbarians are COWARDS who will not fight in the conventional sense of war. They know they're wrong, and they know they'll lose if allied countries ever get their act together and swarm them properly.

Drone strikes are being perpetuated by whom? He's not a conservative. What's your solution? Until someone on the left comes up with a realistic scenario as to how to WIN, I really don't want to hear it.

Well said. The thing is though is that Obama has led by example with his recent aggressive and taunting comments regarding republicans who disagree with his approach, and his supporters are following suit. They think this is how they gain the advantage in this particular "debate" but I think all they are really doing is creating more animosity.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:00 AM

21,463 posts, read 10,566,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
If you were in charge during world war 2 the headlines would read something like this,

New York( November 22, 2015). American bombers conducted three raids over Tokyo, being careful not to damage any oil installations which the Japanese might need after the war ends. The grandson of Emperor Hirohito warned of retaliation. Meantime in the European theatre, allies were debating whether to enter Germany. President Obama refuses to call the German government Nazis because we might play into their hands. The most effective way to fight the grandson of Adolf Hitler is to open our arms to refugees.
I know, right? We don't know how to win wars anymore, so why are we there wasting American military lives for no results? I'm not advocating we do what we did in WWII, but dropping leaflets on oil truck drivers giving them a 45-minute warning before we bomb the trucks is ridiculous. These people are either ISIS terrorists or working with them. Fair game in my opinion. Wouldn't it be good to make it an undesirable job to drive an oil truck as you might be killed by the U.S.? I don't think the Russians are being so nice.

I don't know how true it is, but I read something about the administration not doing anything about these guys in the early days hoping they would destabilize the Assad regime. If true, that's pretty stupid. I guess it was when these guys were still being underestimated, the JV team.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:00 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,597,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
WELL IN A WAY HE IS!!!

The united states has been a BANE on the world for years!!!

Forcing thier views all over the place,kiiling more innocence than any other country has,etc..
This isn't an Obama issue this is a 'MURICA issue. We go into countries and stick our nose where it doesn't belong and just make things worse. Iraq, Kosovo, Vietnam, Korea, and about 20 other times we have stuck our noses in other people's business. I am all for protecting America and fighting an enemy that means harm but invading Iraq to finish your fathers mess up and starting a nightmare situation wasn't such a good idea now was it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events