Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2015, 03:08 PM

35,018 posts, read 16,978,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneyus View Post
Sometimes, people give police a description of a suspect, and the police know it's the same suspect when the clothing/descriptors match and the person is in the same general area. If police had to witness everything that happens, no one would ever be arrested for domestic violence or several other crimes that happen away from the police.

Yes, police have to "execute" people sometimes when they pose a danger to someone else's life, and it isn't the police officer's fault. There are consequences that go along with violent actions. Next time someone is running around, high on PCP and armed with a knife, maybe you can sweet talk them or hug them to get them under control.
If indeed the guy slashed an police car's tires, unless he did that with his fingernails he had a weapon.

Old 11-28-2015, 03:30 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,492,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
Nothing in that article claims the LEO was specifically trying to shoot her leg. I would bet that hitting her leg was incidental. Check this out: Davis: Police Not Trained To Shoot Suspect In Arm Or Leg « CBS Boston
No the article didn't and I don't have time to go dig for the one that did. I know it wasn't incidental. I also know that he's a firearms instructor. Now, back to the original subject. The officer in question is a bad apple, he makes good officers look bad. end of story.....

Old 11-28-2015, 03:34 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,554,080 times
I've seen this video so many times I now turn away. News stations, heads up.

Van Dyke will be thrown into a black hole, were he belongs...if the jury gets it right.

The kid was murdered.

You can all argue this out until He** freezes over, but if you look at the video, the kid was turning away, and at quite a distance.

Any cop worth his salt would have evaluated this situation as such. Was Van Dyke a rookie? No, he was a bad hire, with several (16, 17?) bad judgments in his past.

Police depts need to get their crap together and stop hiring these bone heads who just want the glory of 'more power to m'wa.'

I love that technology is going to calm them down, and make them accountable.

At the same time, don't get me wrong. Most likely 95 % of the police who join are doing it for the right reasons. But just like us, they are human; and the 5% that are nutjobs need to be held accountable.

About 5% of us 'think' it's OK to attack other living things...somethings wrong there. Best make the test taking to become a man with a badge and a gun a harder thing to do. Make sure they all have to take physc-evaluations, on a 6 month basis, if not already in place. I'm almost sure LA trains their cops for 2 yrs. on criminal background before they are let on the streets.

Weed them out, get rid of the bad seeds.

And the people of any community who may deal with a kid on PCP need to better police themselves, lest the cops get called and bad things can happen. It's a two-way street.

Last edited by TerraDown; 11-28-2015 at 03:44 PM..

Old 11-28-2015, 03:38 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,356,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
I'm calling bullcrap on this one. I work in LE and if someone has a gun, you're not aiming for their leg. Someone shot in the leg can still kill many, many people. If a perpetrator is using lethal force with intent, you take them down, center mass.
yep, this makes so much sense especially when YOUR definition of lethal force is all that counts. He could pass gas and you'd "take him down" because that's what domestic terrorists do. They love to kill so they've become legal licensed killers and "take people down" whenever they "feel threatened"

Old 11-28-2015, 03:40 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,356,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneyus View Post
Sometimes, people give police a description of a suspect, and the police know it's the same suspect when the clothing/descriptors match and the person is in the same general area. If police had to witness everything that happens, no one would ever be arrested for domestic violence or several other crimes that happen away from the police.

Yes, police have to "execute" people sometimes when they pose a danger to someone else's life, and it isn't the police officer's fault. There are consequences that go along with violent actions. Next time someone is running around, high on PCP and armed with a knife, maybe you can sweet talk them or hug them to get them under control.
precisely, let's shoot the "perp" that's high on Pcp as long as he's a "thug" but we should calmly coax a "domestic terrorist" into surrendering because that's just the way we operate. Lol.

Justice for all. Lol

Old 11-28-2015, 03:56 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,503,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
I've seen this video so many times I now turn away. News stations, heads up.

You can all argue this out until He** freezes over, but if you look at the video, the kid was turning away, and at quite a distance.
If you stop turning away from the video, you'll see 'the kid' was facing the cop when the 1st shots were fired.

Old 11-28-2015, 04:15 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,599,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
precisely, let's shoot the "perp" that's high on Pcp as long as he's a "thug" but we should calmly coax a "domestic terrorist" into surrendering because that's just the way we operate. Lol.

Justice for all. Lol
If you are talking about the guy who had hostages in Colorado, he was only talked down because he had hostages. Just FYI in case you plan on using this again. I'm sure he'll get a death sentence. No worries.

Old 11-28-2015, 04:30 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,420,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
It was an obvious attempted cover up. Thankfully there were groups pushing to release the video and the judge agreed with them. Part of the $5 million dollar agreement with his family was to basically not bring it up and vanish. I am not sure how much of this thread you have read, but I posted an article and then a video on 86 minutes of missing footage from Burger King security cameras. I will post it again here for those that aren't starting from page 1 of the thread. It is from May 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0YTbyEUeLc
I would have asked them for a court order for copies of the video. To just let anyone have access to this security footage with no paper trail is stupid. People are still way to trusting of authority. Just because the police asks you for something like video footage doesn't mean you are required to give it to them without a court order.

Old 11-28-2015, 04:32 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,599,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
No the article didn't and I don't have time to go dig for the one that did. I know it wasn't incidental. I also know that he's a firearms instructor. Now, back to the original subject. The officer in question is a bad apple, he makes good officers look bad. end of story.....
There are always going to be some of those bad apples. Or just some cops that group together and get out of control. We have a large amount of law enforcement, and they battle a large amount of crime. There will always be casualties.

I remember in Fullerton this homeless guy being beat to death by cops. It's all sad, but there will always be casualties. Protest won't solve this. They might make it worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVR4wTPsHYk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWOioIVAPYo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atcjNkudzF4

I could post all day, the point is this happens all the time, and it's gender, color and disability blind. But, I believe the only way to lower it is to reduce crime. Stay away from crime, don't do illegal drugs, do not steal, do not put yourself in the middle of the war.

Old 11-28-2015, 04:35 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,253,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
yep, this makes so much sense especially when YOUR definition of lethal force is all that counts. He could pass gas and you'd "take him down" because that's what domestic terrorists do. They love to kill so they've become legal licensed killers and "take people down" whenever they "feel threatened"
Lethal Weapon Law & Legal Definition

Quote:
A lethal weapon means a deadly weapon. Any firearm, device, instrument, material, or any other substance that is capable of producing great bodily harm or death from the manner it is used or intended to be used, may be referred to as a lethal weapon. A gun, sword, knife, pistol, or the like, is a lethal weapon, as a matter of law, when used within striking distance from the person assaulted.
This individual had a knife and had already acted in a threatening manner prior to the shooting. Should he have been shot sixteen times? Of course not and the officer should face the consequences. Should he have been shot once? or twice? That would be up to the individual officer to decide. This individual was running down the street brandishing a deadly weapon. Who knows where he would have gone had he not been stopped? I assume your house isn't near the area? Didn't think so.

As I said before, stupid is as stupid does. One deserved to get shot and one deserves to go to jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events