Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 04:48 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Are you running for office by the way, using the same tired excuses pols often use, most likely excuses just to get their programs funded?

Here's the reality of it all:

The middle-class terrorists: More than 60pc of suspects are well educated and from comfortable backgrounds, says secret M15 file | Daily Mail Online

Most Domestic ‘Jihadists’ Are Educated, Well-Off | EducationStandart.com

You are being redirected...
No I am not running for office.

Those links are...biased and that's putting it nicely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 06:36 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You're right...LP Tanks are not usually turned into terrorist devices, but they are frequently stolen in areas where there is a market for them, i.e. RV parks with permanent residents
Yep. Imagine,,,,a bunch of portable LP tanks got stolen, middle of winter. I don't think there's ant connection to the phones, unless someones planning to use the phones to det the tanks with C4 or something...but, if you have that much C%, why use it to det an LP tank? Islamic terrorists may be brutal and uneducated, but their not stupid.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:10 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,316,954 times
Florida reporting large quantities of LP gas tanks being purchased. Great descriptions of possible phone and tank usage. But they're probably just kidding. Go back to your little ostrich head holes.
Muslim Men Buy 30 Propane Tanks At Home Depot

Old 12-14-2015, 08:16 AM

17,155 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Florida reporting large quantities of LP gas tanks being purchased. Great descriptions of possible phone and tank usage. But they're probably just kidding. Go back to your little ostrich head holes.
Muslim Men Buy 30 Propane Tanks At Home Depot
Or maybe they are store owners/clerks who sell propane tanks at their stores?
I know of one such place -- a convenience store down the road -- that sells propane tanks for approx $3 more than Home Depot does. The guy buys them from the store, keeps them stored in a cage, and sells them at an upcharge for convenience.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:28 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,467,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No I am not running for office.

Those links are...biased and that's putting it nicely.
I look forward to some data from you to back up your assertion that the DATA is "biased".

But I'll play.....how's the BBC as a source for you?

Who are the British jihadists in Syria? - BBC News

"He says intelligence sources have told him most British jihadists are in their 20s, university-educated and Muslims of British Pakistani origin."

MSN ok?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/...sts/vi-AA9HX4T

Old 12-14-2015, 07:39 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
WHERE does it say they were middle eastern? I found one legitimate website with this and here is what it says:

The Sheriff implies that they were muslim but every other report merely says 'foreign speaking" For God's sake they were probably illegals buying the phones to take back to Mexico to resell. Why would a 'terrorist' buy 60 phones at a time, you know sometimes you just need to take a deep breath and think

Quote:
Ava police say a man of Middle Eastern background bought a large number of cellular telephones at the Walmart store in Ava about 6:15 a.m. last Saturday. Police questioned the man, who was from Michigan, and he told them that he is a businessman.
Number of reports of mass cell phone buys grows in Missouri | Local - KY3.com

Quote:
“While speaking with Walmart employees, the subject who left the phone returned to the store to get it,” the Ava Police Department posted on Facebook. “Officers spoke with the male subject, who was of Middle Eastern descent, and asked for identification, which was provided.”
Police investigation into mass cellphone buys now includes stolen propane tanks | Fox News

Quote:
The original police report was for a Middle Eastern man who purchased cell phones, then left his phone in the restroom. Officers responded and secured the phone.
Mass Phone Purchases in Ava - Story | OzarksFirst

Quote:
While speaking with Wal-Mart employees the subject who left the phone returned to the store to get it. Officers spoke with the male subject who was of Middle Eastern decent and asked for identification which was provided.
150 Cellphones bought Missouri Prompts FBI Investigation | eCanadaNow

Old 12-14-2015, 07:49 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Ok folks, what's the problem? You see something, you say something. Why is there an argument? Is it because you'll feel real stupid when you make a fuss & it turns out to be nothing, like usual? I don't know how some people function. I have to guess that only living in the underground bunker keeps some going. Honestly.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:25 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
About two months ago, a friend who works in a strip mall next to a walmart here in my town, found 100 empty cell phone boxes in a dumpster. She said the boxes had been split so the phones would slide out. She contacted walmart, who took the boxes and said they had all been sold. They lost interest when they checked and found out they were not stolen. This is NOT one of the reported cases. Walmart did not turn this in to authorities. This is also in Missouri. Just like the rest of you, I have no idea why they were bought. It just seems strange. I do know that these $10 phones sell for about $50 in central America. I know a young man from Guatemala who takes 4 or 5 with him when he goes back to visit.

Old 12-15-2015, 12:01 AM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Yep. Imagine,,,,a bunch of portable LP tanks got stolen, middle of winter. I don't think there's ant connection to the phones, unless someones planning to use the phones to det the tanks with C4 or something...but, if you have that much C%, why use it to det an LP tank? Islamic terrorists may be brutal and uneducated, but their not stupid.
yep. And as far as the phones, I can just about guarantee you, they are going south of the border where they sell for 5 X what they do at Walmart, or they are getting sold to jail/prison inmates. I tried to buy a paypal card for my grandson, he wanted to get some game from ebay so I was going to give the card to his mom to put in her paypal account, two separate stores were out of them, they said they sell as fast as they come in, I asked why and the clerk in Walgreens said "they use them like currency in prisons'

Old 12-15-2015, 02:16 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Ok folks, what's the problem? You see something, you say something. Why is there an argument? Is it because you'll feel real stupid when you make a fuss & it turns out to be nothing, like usual? I don't know how some people function. I have to guess that only living in the underground bunker keeps some going. Honestly.
Because cell phone trafficking rings aren't as exciting as radical terrorists planning to blow up the state of Missouri. People buy cell phones in bulk all over the country to sell. I know someone who tried to make a legitimate business out of it, not even underground. What's funny is how it becomes like a game of telephone (remember that game?). Reading responses from people in the news articles, the story grew. Suddenly folks in Mid-Missouri were able to specifically identify men from Afghanistan. It's almost as if they want it to be true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events